REM last night in Dublin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
saw REM in NY about 2 years ago. I thought they were really good, not great, but really good. Crowd was LAME. No one stood except for Losing my Religion.......

Numb1075 said:
saw REM in NY about 2 years ago. I thought they were really good, not great, but really good. Crowd was LAME. No one stood except for Losing my Religion.......

That sucks, You really should have been at my gig then, the whole crowd were jumping and singing every song played. I'd love to get a boot of this gig.

Aw man. I saw them last October, and have been dying ever since to see them again. It was such a great experience. Hey mullen, did you have a favorite performance from your show or a surprise or anything really memorable?

Yea Imitation of life was my fav song of the show. They were so cool, everyone singing the songs. The way stipe moves on the stage was something else. I really need to see them again. God damm I doubt U2 can outdo this performance but we will have to see at June 24th. Also after all the singing I did my voice is gone. I cant sing today :sigh:

Last edited:
The makeup Stipe wore for the isle Of White Festival made him look like the MacDonalds' Ham-burglar!! :laugh:

Goes looking for picture......

michael_stipe.jpg

:wink:

Last edited:
Hey, I said the same exact thing after I saw REM, but U2 never fails to deliver the best concerts on Earth.

I have to say though, that at my REM concert, Stipe told us they were playing an extra song special for us because it was the first time they had played a show in Atlantic City. SO the low blue light on the stage came on and I heard that familiar drum loop kick start the single most awesome concert moment of my life. Stipe started singing "I've Been High", and my entire body got a good old case of the shivers. That was a surreal moment. God dammit. I love REM.

I don't know, i'm still trying to find my Atlantic City show on mp3 somewhere! Oh, and I'm wearing my REM concert t-shirt right now as we speak. :D And I have another one hinging in my closet from the same night.

I'm almost tempted to go to england too. :lol: Seriously though, I wish I had gone to more shows when they were still in the U.S. I really hope they come back here soon.

Yeah I'd love to see them.

by the way, this conversatino got me listening to Reveal right now, it's such a criminally underrated album.

Ah, Green is another favorite of mine. Do you own the Tourfilm DVD. I highly reccomend it if you don't. Excelent performances from the Green tour.

"Turn You Inside Out" live = :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

OH YES HOLY SHIT FORGOT TO SAY THIS. I was 7 meters aways from REM. :combust: words cannot describe it!

Man on the moon
viewphoto8bg.jpg

With the fans
viewphotod2aa.jpg

Guitar jump
78557oz.jpg

Setlist drool super niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
setlist8uy.jpg

Stipe
stipey13wp.jpg

orangecrush1gc.jpg

Stage and REM
rem4bj.jpg

Oh my God. You got Find the River and World Leader Pretend. :hyper:

Holy shit! AND ME IN HONEY! :combust:

That my friend is one kickass setlist.

Yea it rocked!! I don't have that dvd I'll have to get that one. What do you think of around the sun? I think it's a good album with one or two bad songs but the rest are pretty good.

I think Around the Sun has very good songs. I think it suffers the same fate of HTDAAB in that it has a great collection of songs, but suffers from sometimes poor production and a less than perfect tracklisting. While I feel it's the weakest of the post-Bill Berry triology of albums, I do enjoy it very much, and the songs were AWESOME live. My favorites from that album are The Outsiders, Boy in the Well, The Ascent of Man, and Around the Sun. Aftermath is very good as well. Like I said though, the songs are excellent, but I find it difficult to sit down and listen to the album as a whole.

Lancemc said:
I think Around the Sun has very good songs. I think it suffers the same fate of HTDAAB in that it has a great collection of songs, but suffers from sometimes poor production and a less than perfect tracklisting. While I feel it's the weakest of the post-Bill Berry triology of albums, I do enjoy it very much, and the songs were AWESOME live. My favorites from that album are The Outsiders, Boy in the Well, The Ascent of Man, and Around the Sun. Aftermath is very good as well. Like I said though, the songs are excellent, but I find it difficult to sit down and listen to the album as a whole.

The Ascent of Man :drool: I made a sig of stipe :D

Back
Top Bottom