Regional myths - Have you ever seen anything weird/heard strange noises?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I was reading a thread in a new Argentina forum about national/regional myths, i.e: el chupacabras in Mexico/Chile, la llorona (the weeping one) in Argentina, etc.

Have you ever seen anything weird/paranormal that you can't really find an explanation for?

Tell me! I'm curious. :D

I've got two stories for ya. :D

Story One: Near where I grew up in New Jersey, there's a place called Gravity Hill. Basically, it's this big, long hill with an old white house at the top. If you sit in your car at the bottom of the hill and put it in 'neutral,' the car actually rolls UP the hill! It starts off slowly, then progressively gets faster & faster---almost as if you're going downhill, but you're clearly going up! The story is that there was an old couple who lived in the house on top of the hill. They got into a big argument & the husband killed the wife, cut her up into pieces, and buried her under the front porch. The next day, as the husband drove down the hill toward work, the wife's ghost hand pulled him back up toward the house--and he was never seen again! :wink: The hill is apparently an optical illusion, and it's not really a hill at all. However, you've got to see this place---it seriously looks like you're going uphill!

Story Two: My friend Joe is one of the most serious people I know. He's not one to tell a joke, he doesn't have the greatest imagination, he makes all of his powerpoint slides for school projects in gray, etc., etc. Thus, when he told me & some other friends this story one night, we were all weirded out. One night when he was around 8 years old, he woke up in the middle of the night. He went into his parents' room, woke up his mom & said in a very serious voice, "Grandma's dead." About ten minutes later, they got a phonecall from his mom's brother----sure enough, his grandmother had passed away. That story always freaks me out. :huh:

Utoo said:

Story One: Near where I grew up in New Jersey, there's a place called Gravity Hill. Basically, it's this big, long hill with an old white house at the top. If you sit in your car at the bottom of the hill and put it in 'neutral,' the car actually rolls UP the hill! It starts off slowly, then progressively gets faster & faster---almost as if you're going downhill, but you're clearly going up! The story is that there was an old couple who lived in the house on top of the hill. They got into a big argument & the husband killed the wife, cut her up into pieces, and buried her under the front porch. The next day, as the husband drove down the hill toward work, the wife's ghost hand pulled him back up toward the house--and he was never seen again! :wink: The hill is apparently an optical illusion, and it's not really a hill at all. However, you've got to see this place---it seriously looks like you're going uphill!

Story Two: My friend Joe is one of the most serious people I know. He's not one to tell a joke, he doesn't have the greatest imagination, he makes all of his powerpoint slides for school projects in gray, etc., etc. Thus, when he told me & some other friends this story one night, we were all weirded out. One night when he was around 8 years old, he woke up in the middle of the night. He went into his parents' room, woke up his mom & said in a very serious voice, "Grandma's dead." About ten minutes later, they got a phonecall from his mom's brother----sure enough, his grandmother had passed away. That story always freaks me out. :huh:

:yikes:

The old house that I used to lived at is on ancient burial grounds. I really don't know if that's true or not. Anyways, while I was living there I would always feel this coldness and wind go by me. But only if I was standing in a certain spot. It freaked me out. One time my mom and my sis saw her dead dad in the mirror in her room.

I don't know if this would count as paranormal or whatever. But ever since we've put a pic of my grandmother up on the wall she's invaded my parent's and my aunt's dreams constantly. One example: She gave them a lottery number to play and so they played it. They won not once but twice! :crack:

U2Girl1978 said:

I don't know if this would count as paranormal or whatever. But ever since we've put a pic of my grandmother up on the wall she's invaded my parent's and my aunt's dreams constantly. One example: She gave them a lottery number to play and so they played it. They won not once but twice! :crack:

Can I borrow that picture? :wink:

Utoo said:

Story Number 1: Do you have pics of that place?

Story Number 2: The same thing happened to my cousin. Her dad commited suicide at his mother's house. My aunt and my cousin were in a different house at that time. My cousin got up to go to the toilet and when she walked past my auntie's room, she saw her dad standing by her parent's bed staring at my auntie, who was asleep (they were living in separate houses at that time). She didn't pay much attention to that and when back to bed. Half an hour later, they got a phone call telling them he had committed suicide. When my auntie told my cousin, she said: But ma, that's not possible! I saw dad standing by you a while ago! My auntie just went pale.

Freaky or what? :huh:

U2Girl1978 said:

:yikes:

The old house that I used to lived at is on ancient burial grounds. I really don't know if that's true or not. Anyways, while I was living there I would always feel this coldness and wind go by me. But only if I was standing in a certain spot. It freaked me out. One time my mom and my sis saw her dead dad in the mirror in her room.

Can I have a pic of your grandma so she can invade my dreams and tell me the winning numbers of next week's Euromillion draw? :wink:

But seriously, that's freaky, specially your ma seeing her dead in the mirror.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Story Number 1: Do you have pics of that place?

No, but I think it's featured in a book called "Weird NJ," which documents all kinds of oddities like this place that my lovely home state has. :wink:

Story Number 2: The same thing happened to my cousin. Her dad commited suicide at his mother's house. My aunt and my cousin were in a different house at that time. My cousin got up to go to the toilet and when she walked past my auntie's room, she saw her dad standing by her parent's bed staring at my auntie, who was asleep (they were living in separate houses at that time). She didn't pay much attention to that and when back to bed. Half an hour later, they got a phone call telling them he had committed suicide. When my auntie told my cousin, she said: But ma, that's not possible! I saw dad standing by you a while ago! My auntie just went pale.

Whoah. :huh:

Utoo said:

there's a place like that here in Los Angeles. my cousin has been there and says it works. he says its super dark and hella scary. apparently it has something to do with magnetic poles or something. now that i have a car. . . i've gotta try :hmm:

These are all eerie stories. I like these, and believe in ghosts and the paranormal etc. The only story I have to share is a haunted Toys R Us store in Sunnyvale California where I grew up. It's been on TV a couple times. Apparently the store was built on land that once occupied a farmhouse where a child had died. Word is the child never really "passed on" and is stuck between worlds or something like that. But people who were lucky enough to be in the store overnight when most of the weird things happened were witness to things being knocked off shelves or moved about the store, or the sounds of toys being played with. Employees say it was a friendly vibe this "ghost child" had, and that it was quite playful. It was an almost daily basis when they would open the store to find things on the floors or moved about the store.

Utoo said:

No, but I think it's featured in a book called "Weird NJ," which documents all kinds of oddities like this place that my lovely home state has. :wink:

the mafia?

Ok, my turn, now this is first hand experience some years ago we were playing ouija, 5 of us, myself and someone else were "moving" the planchette we were just asking really stupid questions when suddenly I asked who wer were talking to, I guess it got mad because it started to move so freaking fast that it would literally slip of our fingers, anyway we grab the thing and put it back in the box. Right after that we holded hands around the table and started praying when the lights turned off and on twice, It scared the hell out of us that we went running to the 2nd floor of my friends' house that we stayed there for the whole night

to this day we don't know what the hell was that all about

I cant wait for the BAWs to get back, they've got a good one about our old house, they had to have it blessed by a priest.

I still have the Ouija board from when we were kids. It's in great shape because each time we'd get it out we'd either end up fighting, accusing each other of moving the planchette, or we'd get spooked by it. I'm still skeptical about them tho. I wonder what would happen if I tried it myself? :hmm:

VA, eastern US. Oh YES I've had some weird stuff happen! I'd love to share my stories as long as no one is going to come make fun of me.

Carek1230 said:
I still have the Ouija board from when we were kids. It's in great shape because each time we'd get it out we'd either end up fighting, accusing each other of moving the planchette, or we'd get spooked by it. I'm still skeptical about them tho. I wonder what would happen if I tried it myself? :hmm:

Don't do it!

You don't want to mess with that stuff :no:

I seriously think this game opens up a spiritual realm that you don't wanna mess with :uhoh:

One should not worry about the appearance of people who die.

This has happened many times, and there are many records of it. It seems that there is a connection.

There´s no need to be scared.

U2Kitten said:
VA, eastern US. Oh YES I've had some weird stuff happen! I'd love to share my stories as long as no one is going to come make fun of me.

No one will make fun of you. Should they even attempt, they will have the wrath of me to deal with. Muwahahahaha! :evil:

Let's hear your stories!

Back
Top Bottom