Reggae music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikesimus

Babyface
Hi there. The reason that I am writing this is to see, what do you all think of reggae music? Personally I love stuff like Bob and Ziggy Marley, but alot of the newer, harder stuff I dont really like. What are some reggae artists you can recommend to me, who have a style similar to the Marley's? Thanks.

I really like Bob Marley, but appart that, I don't know much of that kind of music.... some local bands play it though.. very popular.

------------------
=HJ Clandestino=

Pis si ? moins y'en avait moins de pauv' cr?tins
Pr?ts ? mourir pour la Patrie
Kalishnikov et compagnie
Pour faire rouler l'?conomie
~~Cuba clandestino, Marijuana illegal~~

LOL!!!!!
Hurray for reggae man!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Grandad Hippie
10ldhipy.gif

LOL Maddie!

I like Reggae music... I really used to be into Bob Marley, Steel Pulse and Lucky Dube.

But U2 just seemed to override all that.

Oh and my licence plate says

TOO IRIE

Heh.

rasta.gif

------------------
~ Mother Sucking Rock And Roll ~

Sicy's Website

hi Mikesimus, Have you seen the "Classic Album" series? As well as Joshua Tree, they covered one of Marley's album's. Fascinating.The development of his carrer was interesting, but the biggest impression I recall is from Bob's Rastafarian priest/guru/ advisor(nor sure of correct title). He was the most amazing looking human.
I have Marley and Tosh albums, but have never explored beyond that. The local resident band in my senior year of high school was a reggae band,Big Mozzie, had lots of fun dancing to them
smile.gif

most albums produced by the legendary Lee 'Scratch' Perry are definately worth listening to

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom