Red Sox...Yankees...Part 2 (Part II)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does a thread with 500 posts have to be closed?(Serious question, I don't know all the quirks)
That one was gonna fade in a day or so anyway once the World Series matchup is determined.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the part two wasn't because it was the second thread it was because it was the second time in 2 years that they played each other... part 3 isn't till next year poo poo head :madspit::wink:

OMG...:lmao: :heart: I'm a sports idiot. I will edit. :wink:

Yes, they really do have to be closed, Hewson. The only exception right now is the thread in Inside Broadcast.

Hewson said:
I see said the blind man, talking to the deaf man.

I see, said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Hewson said:
"I see" said the blind man, pissing into the wind, "it all comes back to me now."

Oooooooooooookay. I think this thread needs to be closed now.

BTW, did anybody else see four horsemen galloping across the landscape yesterday?

Last edited:
So how about those Sox? :wink:

Oh, now where's that large gamey bird for Headache?

PS: Headache, I know that the majority of what you said in the previous thread was directed at me, hell you even directly quoted me twice. So stop playing games, chief.

DaveC said:
So how about those Sox? :wink:

Oh, now where's that large gamey bird for Headache?

PS: Headache, I know that the majority of what you said in the previous thread was directed at me, hell you even directly quoted me twice. So stop playing games, chief.

the quotes were just to make a point... i have no problem with you telling me to F off or countering my "idiocy." frankly, i deserve both. was just using those as examples on why people shouldn't jump all on my back. nothing meant by it. ok... chief? feel free to PM me if you feel the need to discuss this further... i don't want BC yelling at me again :flirt:

and i'm right here... i'm not going anywhere. i talked a lot of junk and i'm prepared to have it talked right back. the loss hurt, yes. but alas, because i'm not a yankee fan, i was not as devistated as many of my friends were... some of who i believe are still seated at the same bar we were at last night. just a bump in the road... i have faith in which ever team wins the NLCS :wink:

Last edited:
In Headache's defense--I thought the Sox would win the series in the beginning--but I was one of the thousands that thought there was no way they were coming back from 0-3. So I guess I'll have a serving of that crow myself...

So we assume that Fox was somehow kiboshed on camera shots of The Boss in the owner's box for the series...cause we had none, and we had plenty of shots of Brian Cashman, Billy Crystal etc.
Wonder if the calzones were flying across the room all night long.
You know he's gonna do something...my guess is Mel Stottlemyre might want to update the old resume.

All I know is Kevin Brown wont be there next year, the crowd was ready to run on the field and beat him up after last nights game. It was a great event to be a part of, but there was so much unnecessary shit going on between the sox and yankees fans. I was in the upper deck on right field, Bellhorns HR that almost hit the pole was like 10 feet from me. there were SO many fights breaking out up there, people throwing things, the yanks got outplayed, like Jeter said.

Hewson said:
So we assume that Fox was somehow kiboshed on camera shots of The Boss in the owner's box for the series...cause we had none, and we had plenty of shots of Brian Cashman, Billy Crystal etc.
Wonder if the calzones were flying across the room all night long.
You know he's gonna do something...my guess is Mel Stottlemyre might want to update the old resume.

the boss had to be hiding somewhere... i would have to venture that fox was actively looking for him, yet he was no where to be found. i'm guessing he slept in his office, not wanting to show his face in public.

oh... and you can rest assure that carlos beltran will be in pinstripes now, as well as pavano and possiably pedro.

Last edited:
pavano said his #1 choice would be to play in boston, but he also likes new york and new york. he grew up in southington, connecticut. i think it was southington. i just beat his old town last week :wink:

but i know for sure hes from connecticut and has a vested interest in all 3 teams around here.

They can have Pavano so long as I can have Alyssa Milano

The Boss did make a brief statement while getting into his limo at like 2:30AM, I heard a bit on the radio this morning, just something like "Congratulations to the Boston team...yada yada yada"

RademR said:
All I know is Kevin Brown wont be there next year,
I think (not 100% sure) that Mr. Brown will still be guaranteed like $15.7 mil next yr from the wonderful contract the Dodgers signed him to...the Boss won't find any takers for that and the Boss must be real pleased about what he's getting for his money out of Jason Giambi

Hewson said:
I think (not 100% sure) that Mr. Brown will still be guaranteed like $15.7 mil next yr from the wonderful contract the Dodgers signed him to...the Boss won't find any takers for that and the Boss must be real pleased about what he's getting for his money out of Jason Giambi

Steinbrenner should sue the pants off whatever joint in Japan served their food back in April...

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the boss had to be hiding somewhere... i would have to venture that fox was actively looking for him, yet he was no where to be found. i'm guessing he slept in his office, not wanting to show his face in public.

oh... and you can rest assure that carlos beltran will be in pinstripes now, as well as pavano and possiably pedro.

They can have Beltran and Pedro. I just hope the Sox keep Jason Varitek and Orlando Cabrera.

It'd be nice if the Sox got Pavano (the guy they gave to the Expos for Montreal). How's that for poetic something-or-other?

Last edited:
speedracer said:

It'd be nice if the Sox got Pavano (the guy they gave to the Expos for Montreal).
The Expos gave us the whole city of Montreal...how come I haven't found St Catherine Street anywhere near Fenway???:wink: :wink:

Thought one of you might want a new avatar....

av-5167.gif

Hewson said:
The Expos gave us the whole city of Montreal...how come I haven't found St Catherine Street anywhere near Fenway???:wink: :wink:

They uprooted the Molson Centre and stuck it in the North End...can't hardly miss it.

It's gonna go up as soon as I get back on my other computer that has Photoshop on it. I need to make the file size under 7k.

Back
Top Bottom