Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

yeah and the yankees gave up an all star second baseman who had two straight seasons of 30+ homers and 90+ RBIs to get A-Rod, plus the rangers were able to shed salary so that they can pursue some starting pitching this off season. it's not like they gave up some bum to get him.

Yeah, but I wouldn't call him a prime-time player either. Remember him during last year's ALCS and World Series? Couldn't lay off the outside slider, made several key errors, and so forth. I really don't think the Yankees miss him that much.

i'd actually rather have soriano than arod.

soriano will hit 30-40 homeruns usually, steal 30-40 bases and play 2nd base (for now). how many 2nd baseman are going to hit 30-40 jacks and steal bases like that? none.

how many 3b are going to hit 30-40 hr and hit below 300? plenty. chavez, rolen, glaus, beltre, lowell, ramirez, wright (eventually), castilla (boosted by coors, sure, still did it though)

point is, if steinny waited until this year he could have signed somebody like glaus or beltre and kept soriano who is a damn good player in his own right. a good 3b is less of a rarity than a great 2b. we'll see if soriano winds up in the outfield soon enough though, still, i'd probably rather alfonso

Chizip said:
seriously, i used to pull for the red sox but their whiny yankees obssessed fans have really started to irritate me

they are so focused on the yankees and their sepnding that they dont realize they have the second highest payroll and try to do exactly the same stuff the yankees do, but just arent as good as it

it would be one thing for expos and devil ray fans to complain about spending, but the red sox payroll is way over 100 million, so stop your bitching

finally... a voice of reason.

StlElevation said:
i'd actually rather have soriano than arod.

soriano will hit 30-40 homeruns usually, steal 30-40 bases and play 2nd base (for now). how many 2nd baseman are going to hit 30-40 jacks and steal bases like that? none.

how many 3b are going to hit 30-40 hr and hit below 300? plenty. chavez, rolen, glaus, beltre, lowell, ramirez, wright (eventually), castilla (boosted by coors, sure, still did it though)

point is, if steinny waited until this year he could have signed somebody like glaus or beltre and kept soriano who is a damn good player in his own right. a good 3b is less of a rarity than a great 2b. we'll see if soriano winds up in the outfield soon enough though, still, i'd probably rather alfonso

My point was that the Yankees replaced Soriano with a bigger bat (A-Rod) and a much better glove (Miguel Cairo).

A-Rod's an excellent base stealer as well...28/32 this year.

Last edited:
i never thought i could meet a group of fans more obnoxious and annoying than yankee fans... and then i went to college in dead smack in the middle of "red sox nation," a place where they celebrate super bowl victories with chants of "yankees suck."

As I've no doubt mentioned in this forum several times, we also celebrated concerts on the Elevation with chants of "Yankees Suck". You know, when the synthesizer intro to "New York" comes on.

(This was all before 9/11, of course.)

speedracer said:

As I've no doubt mentioned in this forum several times, we also celebrated concerts on the Elevation with chants of "Yankees Suck". You know, when the synthesizer intro to "New York" comes on.

(This was all before 9/11, of course.)

i'm well aware... it's rather pathetic, i must say. the entire region has a massive inferiority complex when it comes to new york.

i'm well aware... it's rather pathetic, i must say. the entire region has a massive inferiority complex when it comes to new york.

Why would you say such a thing?

BTW, when the Sox win the World Series, I'm driving down to New York to riot.

:blahblah:

CS_2.20.jpg

MrsSpringsteen said:
:rolleyes:

But they were awfully quiet when the Red Sox almost tied it, weren't they? :hmm:

Go buy some Prep H w/ Zimmer Headache, you act like you might need it :p

You mean like the sound in Fenway every time something bad happens, such as Vlad's grand slam? Oh wait, i guess absolute silence can't be considered a sound, can it?

MrsSpringsteen said:
:rolleyes:

But they were awfully quiet when the Red Sox almost tied it, weren't they? :hmm:

Go buy some Prep H w/ Zimmer Headache, you act like you might need it :p

Oh dear God.

Pedro will get the riot act tonight from the 55,000 in Da' Boogie Down Bronx tonight....Should be great to hear and see the "Whose your daddy" chants and signs......

Headache, you should make an office of Yankee Fan Security, indicating the likelihood that most Yankee fans are pompous a**es

Oh yeah, what would be the point, since it would always be at severe...:D

Oh, and A Rod sucks, and so does Jeter-talk about pompous a's :yuck:

You're a fucking megalomaniac.

I think the Yankee Stadium maintenance crew is gonna have a fun day today cleaning the shit smears off all the seats.

My predictions for scores went out the window, but I still say tonight will be Boston 3 - New York 1.

I mean, hell, I predicted the Yankmees would win Game 1 all along anyways.

Numb1075 said:
Pedro will get the riot act tonight from the 55,000 in Da' Boogie Down Bronx tonight....Should be great to hear and see the "Whose your daddy" chants and signs......

Get with the times...the new line is "Well, it's true, I could be your daddy. But then again, the line was awfully long."

i think we can all agree met fan on the yankmee bandwagon in october again :wink: or sawx fan

"scooter" needs to go from fox

StlElevation said:
i think we can all agree met fan on the yankmee bandwagon in october again :wink: or sawx fan

"scooter" needs to go from fox

Are you kidding? I guess you didn't see Scooter's debut in April, when he was reenacting Tim Wakefield's knuckleball (which, sad to say, seems to be missing this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom