Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedro bought Eriq LaSalle's gheri-curl Afro from "Coming to America" on eBay, decided that the Yankees were his "Daddy" and started bringing a 30-inch Dominican midget to the clubhouse after games. Adding his over-the-top dugout antics on non-pitching days, there's at least a 50 percent chance that last year's Game 7 in the Bronx drove him insane. Ladies and gentleman, our Game 2 starter.
-The Sports Guy, ESPN.com

pedrobucket.jpg
pedromidget.jpg

Oh Dear Lord !! Those pics are priceless.:lol:

Should the Bo Sox get passed the Yanks, they might just have a whole host of B's to contend with in Houston - bagwell, biggio, berkman, beltran

growing up as a mets fan, i hated the yankees. HATED them. got into fights with yankee fans. you're not a new york sports fan if you haven't sat in a bar arguing keith hernandez vs. don mattingly. i didn't think there was a fan base that i could hate more than yankee fans. i couldn't possiably have thought up an instance in which i would actually root for the yankees...

...and then i went to college dead smack in the middle of red sox nation.

and i'm not alone... oh no, i'm not alone. there are hundreds of us... thousands of us... met fans who were so turned off by our college experience with red sox fans that we actually root for the yankees whenever they play the red sox. we're sort of like jews for jesus, but not.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
growing up as a mets fan, i hated the yankees. HATED them. got into fights with yankee fans. you're not a new york sports fan if you haven't sat in a bar arguing keith hernandez vs. don mattingly. i didn't think there was a fan base that i could hate more than yankee fans. i couldn't possiably have thought up an instance in which i would actually root for the yankees...

...and then i went to college dead smack in the middle of red sox nation.

and i'm not alone... oh no, i'm not alone. there are hundreds of us... thousands of us... met fans who were so turned off by our college experience with red sox fans that we actually root for the yankees whenever they play the red sox. we're sort of like jews for jesus, but not.

The real question is, who cares what a Mets fan thinks?

And the Fox coverage of this opener is terrible so far. The Star Wars bit was terrible.

Last edited:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby...

and btw... go fuck yourself with the payroll shit. A) if mussina didn't have a perfect game going, there was no way he would have entered the 7th inning. he was cleary done, but ya don't take a guy who's been perfect through 6 out, done or not.

B) mariano rivera is a home grown yankee... he wasn't bought, he wasn't traded for in a bullshit marginal prospect for superstar trade. he's a yankee farm hand, and he's the greatest god damn closer of all time. the fact that he was able to fly from his cousin's funeral this afternoon, make it to the bronx in the third inning, come into the game in the 8th and get a save... frankly that's one of the greatest feats in sports history. and any one of you red sox supporters who denies that is an f'ing a-hole.
C) Curt Schilling was brought into the red sox organization for ONE reason, and ONE reason only... to beat the Yankees in October.

He was fucking shelled. The Sawks now need a historic performance from Pedro to even this series up. Given the recent history of Pedro at Yankee Stadium... I would expect this series to be going back to Boston at 2-0 Yankees.

But hey... I could be wrong. That's why they play the games.

Wow Schilling got rocked and the Sox still almost won. Game 2 Pedro and Lieber. Advantage Sox you would think but Pedro chokes vs. the Yanks as all the Sox do. Its like they see pinstripes and crap their pants. Hey I'm an Indians fan (I'll take your pity now) and I don't like either of these teams. But I HATE the Yankees--come on Boston, can't you beat them just one year? Please?

and btw... go fuck yourself with the payroll shit. A) if mussina didn't have a perfect game going, there was no way he would have entered the 7th inning. he was cleary done, but ya don't take a guy who's been perfect through 6 out, done or not.

B) mariano rivera is a home grown yankee... he wasn't bought, he wasn't traded for in a bullshit marginal prospect for superstar trade. he's a yankee farm hand, and he's the greatest god damn closer of all time. the fact that he was able to fly from his cousin's funeral this afternoon, make it to the bronx in the third inning, come into the game in the 8th and get a save... frankly that's one of the greatest feats in sports history. and any one of you red sox supporters who denies that is an f'ing a-hole.
C) Curt Schilling was brought into the red sox organization for ONE reason, and ONE reason only... to beat the Yankees in October.

He was fucking shelled. The Sawks now need a historic performance from Pedro to even this series up. Given the recent history of Pedro at Yankee Stadium... I would expect this series to be going back to Boston at 2-0 Yankees.

Headache, I don't care what you say, you are a fuckin YANKEES FAN. :wink:

B) mariano rivera is a home grown yankee... he wasn't bought, he wasn't traded for in a bullshit marginal prospect for superstar trade.

Unlike, say, Alex Rodriguez.

Okay, Soriano isn't that bad, but he was pretty damn useless in the ALCS last year.

Up to about 2000, I'd say that the Yankees raised a great team largely on their own (Jeter, Pettitte, Williams, Posada, Rivera). But since then they and the Red Sox have both been buying players.

And Roger Clemens is the Antichrist, I think you'll agree.

Mussina, Sturtze and Gordon gave up 7 runs in 2 innings in their own building. I like the Sox' chances, even with Derek Lowe pitching game 5 in place of a one-legged Curt Schilling.

Last edited:
drivemytrabant said:
Wow Schilling got rocked and the Sox still almost won. Game 2 Pedro and Lieber. Advantage Sox you would think but Pedro chokes vs. the Yanks as all the Sox do. Its like they see pinstripes and crap their pants. Hey I'm an Indians fan (I'll take your pity now) and I don't like either of these teams. But I HATE the Yankees--come on Boston, can't you beat them just one year? Please?

Indians fan? We in Red Sox Nation share your joy.

score.bmp

Curt shouldn't have been pitching, but he wanted to and he didn't really have a choice I suppose.

I think Francona will be gone if they don't make it past this series.

I was thinking this morning, if I had a gun to my head and had to come up w/ one thing I like about the Yankees, I couldn't do it...

And why did Pedro ever say that ridiculous phrase? Those Yankee fans are a bunch of highly suggestible lemmings..:wink:

Shame on Schilling for taking the mound if his ankle was that bad. They should have figured this out days ago and shifted the rotation to Pedro in gm 1, Wakefield in game 2 and held Schilling till Friday to give the ankle 3 extra days.
Anyway, Mussina's perfect game bid was the best thing for the Sox. By virtue of him pitching into the 7th, the Sox bats woke up, gained some confidence and Moose gained a bit of doubt.
Tonight's game will likely decide the series. If Sox win, its a battle, if Yanks win, its over.
Who's your Daddy?
Watch Derek Lowe pitch a masterpiece in game 5 in Schilling's stead and then win game 7 in relief earning ALCS MVP, wouldn't that be something.

Also, props to Joe Buck for jinxing Mussina's perfect game. The guy must have mentioned it on the air EVERY OTHER SENTENCE.

or manny ramirez... or david ortiz... or curt schilling... or pedro martinez...

and again... i curse alot when i post when comming back from the bar:wink:

David Ortiz was released by the Twins. The Sox then picked him up.

nope... not at all. i just absolutely despise the boston red sox. hate 'em. i enjoy their misery, and i pray they never win a world championship as long as i'm alive... ever.

Jeez, I never met anybody who wanted to die so soon.

speedracer said:

David Ortiz was released by the Twins. The Sox then picked him up.

yeah and the yankees gave up an all star second baseman who had two straight seasons of 30+ homers and 90+ RBIs to get A-Rod, plus the rangers were able to shed salary so that they can pursue some starting pitching this off season. it's not like they gave up some bum to get him.

the red sox owners / fans complaining about the yankees payroll is like paul allen complaining that bill gates' yacht is too big. i mean shit... the rich complaining about the richer.

seriously, i used to pull for the red sox but their whiny yankees obssessed fans have really started to irritate me

they are so focused on the yankees and their sepnding that they dont realize they have the second highest payroll and try to do exactly the same stuff the yankees do, but just arent as good as it

it would be one thing for expos and devil ray fans to complain about spending, but the red sox payroll is way over 100 million, so stop your bitching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom