(RED) shirt shrink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuwie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
hey guys
i was wondering if anyone who has a (RED) shirt from Gap could help me answer this question.
do they shrink considerably when you wash them?
or is it preshrunk cotton? i just want to make sure i get the right size for my friend, cuz even if it fits initially, what if he washes it and then it shrinks? which means i would have to get one size bigger......

thanks for any help/info! =)

My (RED) tee shirt didn't shrink at all, but my Edun "One" shirt did. Which was okay, because now it fits like the snugger tee shirts I prefer. :wink:

The (RED) shirts are enormous. I had to get a small (usually get medium) and it's still looser than I'd like. And they don't shrink, unfortunately.

One of mine has shrunk a bit, but the several others
that I have are still the same size. It was probably a fluke.

Just to be on the safe side, I wash mine on the delicate cycle and dry it on low or permanent press, it's come out very well that way. I bought mine one size larger too. there is quite a variance in sizes if you hold two of the same size up together.

unico said:
mine haven't shrunk yet. but then again i very rarely dry my clothes in a dryer. i usually hang them. but it definitely hasn't shrunk from washing.

Same here. I cold water wash them, put in the dryer for like 2 minutes to get the wrinkles out, then hang dry. Basically do that with all my tops :shrug:

anitram said:
The (RED) shirts are enormous. I had to get a small (usually get medium) and it's still looser than I'd like. And they don't shrink, unfortunately.

I had the opposite problem. I'm a medium and my large is now too small, so I guess it did shrink a little. I bought a medium for my sister (who is normally a small or xsmall) and hers fits her fine, it's about the same size as my large is now. I'll still wear mine, it's just not the way I wanted it to fit or the way it fit in the store. However, when I tried them on, I tried on medium and large, a few of each, and some of the mediums were bigger than the larges. I also tried on a small of another shirt b/c they had no mediums and that fit just fine. I don't think they are made very consistently. :huh:

I think they're also made of different material if you get diff. colours. The red ones are larger than the heather grey, which are quite tight. Very weird.

Mine didn't shrink, but it surprisingly lost it's shape and became all loose and saggy. Since I wear a small or extra small, this becomes quite annoying when it becomes almost a size larger.

anitram said:
I think they're also made of different material if you get diff. colours. The red ones are larger than the heather grey, which are quite tight. Very weird.

Yeah, I found that to be true as well. The ones I was referring to were all the red INSPI(RED) ones, except for the small one I tried on, which was one of those blue long sleeve v-necks. I was trying on several of each size b/c the word was dyed differently on each. So far, my favorite one is one of the guy's ones I bought. It's the softest shirt I have so I use it as my PJs.

anitram said:
The heather grey ones are made from 20% less African child innards, hence the different washing characteristics.

To echo what other's have said, neither of my Red shirts have shrunk. And so far they haven't stretched either. They're a tiny bit looser than I usually like my tee's, but they still look good so who cares.

In general the sizes are all waaaaay to big for me though. :(

On a more random note, when I got my first inspi(red) tee I tried on a small and an extra small....and the small was much smaller. :crazy: A fluke but at least it meant the shirt would actually fit!

this is totally irrelevant to this thread, but I saw a guy with a shirt that said "hamme(red)" the other day and it cracked me up.

Back
Top Bottom