Red hot chili peppers in concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check out the Off the Map DVD from the last tour, really good stuff. Just cut back the number of pre-BSSM songs, throw in a ton of By the Way stuff and maybe a cover or two, and there you go.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Check out the Off the Map DVD from the last tour, really good stuff. Just cut back the number of pre-BSSM songs, throw in a ton of By the Way stuff and maybe a cover or two, and there you go.

How are the people on the floor? do they jump around alot? are people as crazy about RHCP as U2 and i have to get to GA the night before or something?

I passed up the chance to see them last year when they came down to Singapore. I'm not too familiar with them so I didn't want to spend the money (which was very high-end for a concert ticket) plus I had to watch a play on the same night. However, I did spot their tourbus (empty) and my screen name is from a song from Freaky Styley.

Incidentally, I did see some concert highlights from the news and it looked really fun.

I've seen the Peppers 4 times, they are very good and a lot of fun live. As for the crowd, GA will likely be a bit nuts, a lot more physical experience than U2.

Somebody here--I forget who--reported seeing a certain kind of oral gratification being given and received at a Chili Peppers show. So I got reserved seats. :uhoh:

I wanna see them live. :)

joyfulgirl said:
Somebody here--I forget who--reported seeing a certain kind of oral gratification being given and received at a Chili Peppers show. So I got reserved seats. :uhoh:

:ohmy: :crazy:

:up: I saw them at Slane and they were amazing. They got the crowd acting pretty rough though... Beware if you get GA.
I have also seen their DVD and they are a very good live band.

by the way

saw rhcp last nite, what a magical show. they are an amazingly tight band, and anthony's vocals were pretty tight. highlights included:

i could have lied
don't forget me
havana affair (ramones cover)
throw away your television
by the way
universally speaking

:up:

they put on a great show--really fun, high energy, and yes, very tight!

Mrs.Clayton said:
I'm going next week, I have GA tickets...I better keep my distance.

I found the audience to be rowdy but fun (and I usually don't like rowdy audiences). The Chili Peppers put a smile on everybody's face and it was hard to be annoyed by the annoying people because everyone was so damn happy.

Slane video?? :hyper:

Mrs.Clayton said:
I'm going next week, I have GA tickets...I better keep my distance.

Seriously...I had GA tickets for a show in May and got right up front. Before the opening act was finished my sister and I had to get pulled out by a security guard so we didn't get crushed. It ended up being one of the best shows I've ever seen, but that was scary.

Dont know how relevant this will be, but I saw them 11 years ago (gosh I am getting OLD) on the BSSM tour and I was in what you call the GA section and it was pretty wild- heaps of moshing, crowd surfing, pushing, shoving and slam dancing. But I was 16 back then and a lot more fearless and it was also a time before all the deaths at big festivals, so I think security has become a bit better for those in the standing sections of harder more rockier acts, what I mean is that I dont think that security let the crowd get to out of hand- or is this just an Australian thing...

but from what I remember the peppers were great live, back then they came out with the flame throwers on their heads in their undies and they played well, but the one thing that I do remember (and this is a real pet hate of mine, when I am seing an act) is that they had no stage banter- Anthony basically only acknowledge the crowd and that was it. I dont know if that is just me, but I like to hear a bit of how they are, a bit more stage talk than just "thanks for coming to the show!"'

anyway they are good live musically:)

Back
Top Bottom