Red Hill mining Town & In Gods Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red Hill Mining town hasnt been played on ANY tour! Poor form boys!
wink.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by LOVE MUSCLE:
Why the hell don't they play these songs every freaking tour?? I was lucky enough to hear In God's Country in Dallas Tx 11/25, but why not before that ??? These songs RULE! Sorry folks, I'm just listening to JT right now so I'm biased.

I agree with you LOVE MUSCLE,I love those songs also. Part of In God's Country was played at the Phoenix concert, and I was lucky to hear it.

I missed In God's Country by 2 shows...yeah, hearing the first verse of WGRYWH was awesome, but still...

*sniff sniff*

------------------
You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you get to like the way it feels

Originally posted by brettig:
this remains the most perplexing song ommission of them all, why it was never even played once is beyond belief...

if you're talking about red hill mining town, it was never played live because of the same reason it was never released as a single.
they'd shot a video for the song and everything, and then they suddenly realised that because of all the high notes, bono wouldn't be able to sing it every night in concert. and they figured, what good is having a single out if you can't promote it in concert? so the video has never been aired (to my knowledge), and it's never been performed live.
a real shame too, since it is such a good song.

Back
Top Bottom