Red dwarf thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadMansParty

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Anyone else in love with this show? I have a few seasons on dvd and I am addicted to them, they tried to do it in America but it bombed, now I hear they have the OG cast doing a movie for it now, freakin rad!

Wow! Flashback. lol. I remember watching the first episode.

I havent watched it for years though. Is the entire original cast in the movie? Didn't the actor who played Lister go to jail in real life? Maybe hes out now. hmm

That hospital show that the actor who played Rimmer moved on to was awful. Really gastly.

Ill have to look out for the movie.

beli said:
Wow! Flashback. lol. I remember watching the first episode.

I havent watched it for years though. Is the entire original cast in the movie? Didn't the actor who played Lister go to jail in real life? Maybe hes out now. hmm

That hospital show that the actor who played Rimmer moved on to was awful. Really gastly.

Ill have to look out for the movie.

that dude has gone to jail a few times, I think he's a hooligan from Liverpool.

Craig Charles was sent to jail on remand for rape but was later completely cleared and released. I don't think I'd describe him as a 'hooligan from Liverpool'........:eyebrow:

:heart: Red Dwarf :heart:

I've got every episode on tape, as well as the 'smeg ups' videos. I've also got several books

The last couple of series' weren't as good though. They should never have brought back Kochanski (or at least if they were going to they should have had Claire Grogan playing her)

I too love all things dwarfian, also have the DVD's sitting up there on my shelf and my old tapes lying in a box.

Red Dwarf...:drool:
I can't find anything online about the movie except something written almost 4 years ago saying they are going to make a movie, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? Surely there's been some progress made since then? Anybody know where to go to get some details?

I know - it's really irritating isn't it. They've been talking about this film on and off for donkeys years. they were going to make one back in the eighties. then they were going to make it in the early nineties, but with american actors instead cos they thought that would make it sell better in the US. Then about 5 years ago it was announced that they were making the film with the original cast. Zine then I've heard pretty much zilch :|

DeadMansParty said:
Anyone else in love with this show? I have a few seasons on dvd and I am addicted to them, they tried to do it in America but it bombed, now I hear they have the OG cast doing a movie for it now, freakin rad!

^A Hooligan from Orange County...^

:wink:

bammo2 said:

The last couple of series' weren't as good though.

Gotta agree with my brother on one of the big problems with the last few series (wonders will never cease)- what on earth happened to Cat? He used to be so vain and self-absorbed that he didn't notice the things around him but now, he's just stupid! Surely the whole point with Cat was that he was like a cat (vain etc) and cats may be many things but stupid is not one thing I'd say.

Anyway loved Red Dwarf, especially series 3 and 5. Remember watching Polymorph when I was little and being so scared! MY brother has now given me all his Red Dwarf tapes as he wants to buy them on DVD when he gets the chance. Thanx bro! :hug:

But yep, virtual reality one was a classic:

SPALL: You've being playing the prat version of Rimmer for all these years <laughs> That's a classic, that one is. A classic.

And the Backwards episode was amazing 'cos it must have took ages to put together and work out who should be doing what where, their reactions etc as a lot of the episode has forwardness mixed with backwardness.

Holoship (how many esteemed comedy actors did that one have in?! OK, maybe only 2 but still!), Timeslides, Angels and Demons (that scared me when little too!).

Happy memories. :)

Classic show. I hadn't seen it for years until I saw some episodes on UKGold or some other sky channel and remembered how funny it was.:up:

Aardvark747 said:

He now stars in Coronation Street as a taxi driver!:wink:

He also presented Robotwars and the guy that played Rimmer does/did a technical show on the Discovery Channel.

It's the old, old story: Droid meets Droid, Droid becomes Chameleon, Droid loses Chameleon, Chameleon turns into Blob, Droid gets Blob back again, Blob meets Blob, Blob goes off with Blob, and Droid loses Blob, Chameleon, and Droid. How many times have we seen that story?

Lister: We want no muffins, no toast, no tea cakes, no buns, baps, baggets or bagels. No croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes, and no hot cross buns. And definitely no smegging flapjacks!

Toaster: Ah! So you're a waffle man!

Back
Top Bottom