Recruits with fundraising ideas needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an idea that might work in reducing the bandwidth in an interesting way (if it works). Actually it won't reduce the bandwidth but instead split it up, i'll try to explain. I understand you use Apache Web server I don't know much about unix or linux right now but have spent years learning Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000 administration. I have not gotten too much into IIS 5 but I do know that you can have your website to be on more than one server by placing the ip addresses of alternative locations, these other ip addresses/people are called virtual servers.

So what i'm thinking is you keep this website the way it is but only keep 'Everything you know is Wrong' on the main server/location (Joels) then the other forums split them up onto different locations so maybe 4 other separate locations with each location hosting four forums each. Those people would have to have a 24-7 high speed connection with keeping their computer on 99% of the time so in other words committed people. If this works it will reduce your bandwidth some what but the true jewel in the crown would be if you can take the main forum 'EYKIW' and somhow splitting it virtually to as many computers as possible, so let's 10, so the more computers you can get to do this then that's how many times your bandwidth will be split. This whole thing should be possible because big huge companies don't have just one web server they multiple identical web servers hosting the same material, it's just virtually split up like a cluster. Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Server both have IIS 5 web Server included.

DiGi said:
Auctions and things my work, but I think there could be many issues with that.

Maybe joing a bunch of affiliate programs and having a forum that is ads and such for places to buy things, still probably not the best idea though.

First I have a question, how many registered members of interference are there and how many people use the site for either browsing or posting on a daily basis? For some reason I seem to have the idea that there are 6,000 or so members?

If I am correct than that is less than $1 per person. basically nothing. Positioning a request for funds in that manner will work a lot better than a general request. At least in my opinion. I think would give people a better idea of how little they have to donate to make this a non issue.

thats just my $0.02 for the morning. I will think of some other ideas though.

Speaking of two cents, have you paid your membership fee yet???

HUH???

Back
Top Bottom