Recommend me new music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Howie Day is gonna open for Tori Amos when I see her next week :drool: So I decided to dl some of his stuff..... really like him :yes: My kinda music :tongue:

I like Howie Day. Just discovered him recently.

"Inspired by the emotionally raw songs of Richard Ashcroft, U2, and Jeff Buckley, Day proudly wears his broken heart on his sleeve. ?Sorry So Sorry,? ?She Says? and ?Disco? help set the album?s dark tone. But it?s the first single, ?Ghost,? that captures the album?s spirit with hushed guitar and brooding vocals."

To me new music is anything I haven't heard before. Which makes going back to old records and artists a great as finding some fresh new band.

Grant Lee Buffalo-Best American band of the 90's. Americana, folk,vaudville, along with rock. The John Cash of rock bands, great stories.

Big Star-RadioCity/#1 Record- Most underappreciated band ever. Early 70's rock that influenced another fav-the Replacements. Great harmony, and an original rock sound-they had their song redone by Cheap Trick for "That 70's Show" theme.

Jellyfish-They sound like Queen meets Beatles meets Supertramp.
Put out 2 early 90's albums then broke up. All 4 member sing, drummer is lead singer (he play standing up), and the music's bliss. If you hear the album you wonder how they pull it off live, and, having seen them 4 times, they pull it off and then some.

The Faces-70's bar rock. Get to hear Rod Stewart when he was cool and had Ronnie Wood giving the music balls.

Otis Redding-Anything he did was great. "Dock of the Bay" is just the tip of the iceberg. May be best singer ever.

Back
Top Bottom