Recommend an Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Copeland - Beneath Medicine Tree

This album is soooo amazing. If you like Death Cab for Cutie, Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Bright Eyes, Oasis that kind of stuff, you'll love this cd. The cd is one of the most emotional, sincere and beautiful you'll ever heard. It was written while the singers grandmother and girlfriend were in the hospital and he pours all his sadness, hope, love, faith into the record. It doesn't hurt that his voice and range is absolutely stunning. This is not a bummer record tho at all, it's actually incredibly uplifting and joyful at times. It even has a couple of amazing guitar solos. Theres alot of piano in the music also, which I love. You have to hear this album to believe it, honestly. It's brought tears to my eyes on many occassions.

If you want to hear some of the cd, i'll send you some songs, just email thereisnospoon94@mac.com .

LOW - DAVID BOWIE

released in 1977 a year in which he also gave us another masterpiece, "HEROES" co-wrote and produced IGGY'S IDIOT,& LUST FOR LIFE lp's, he really was a genius at the height of his creative powers in this year, and this album still sounds as fresh, & exciting now as it did then, a must for any music lover no matter what their musical taste

T.Rex: ELECTRIC WARRIOR ***** Queens Of The Stone Age: Lullabies To Paralyze btw all of QOTSA is great stuff best band of the 21st century +++++ Morrissey: You Are The Quarry +++++ Gorillaz: Demon Days +++++ The Killers: Hot Fuss +++++ The Strokes: Room On Fire +++++
Coldplay: TANABADS - Things Are Never As Bad As They Seem -:sexywink::rockon:

the album i can't get enough of at the mo. is Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard

Normally i hate punk music (good charlotte, sum 41 :madspit: )
but this band is a punk band with a violin in it!!!! wooo
they also sing about meaningfull stuff
listen to view from heaven if you can!!

Sarahs 2 cents

jacobus said:

umm...what the hell is that? :eyebrow:

Well I recommend Lateralus by Tool. One of the most complete and engrossing records I've ever heard. The entire thing is an experience.

:drool:
lateralus.jpg
:drool:

beli said:
Roxy Music - Avalon (Remastered)
love love LOVE this cd. :drool:

duran duran: big thing. this isn't even my favourite of theirs but it is their most underrated, it's their pop, if you will (without it being rushed and all that). it sounds nothing like anything they'd done before or have done since and is just divine. in fact really even the hits off that album ("i don't want your love" and "all she wants is") really show what the album sounds like. their lesser hit "do you believe in shame" gives you a good idea though. but single didn't do so well, although many peeps who keep track of chart listings and sales records would tell you it was because of many reasons i won't go into.

anyway, you should really give it a listen. some of it sounds kinda 60s, a lot of it is more electronic late 80s music. a lot of my top 20 songs come off of big thing. the album cover is atrocious and the first track is joke (literally), but once you get past that you'll fall in love.

jacobus said:
T.Rex: ELECTRIC WARRIOR ***** Queens Of The Stone Age: Lullabies To Paralyze btw all of QOTSA is great stuff best band of the 21st century +++++ Morrissey: You Are The Quarry +++++ Gorillaz: Demon Days +++++ The Killers: Hot Fuss +++++ The Strokes: Room On Fire +++++
:eyebrow: the original post said to just pick one album. :eyebrow:

inmyplace13 said:
Well I recommend Lateralus by Tool. One of the most complete and engrossing records I've ever heard. The entire thing is an experience.

If you've seen them live then I'm sure you've been even more engrossed out.

:sexywink:

Very interesting album.

revis-places for breathing

Ultimate guitar album. This is(was) the best band you have never heard of. sadly they are splitting, but a great cd nonetheless

Ben Folds - Rockin the Suburbs

One of my favorite albums. Ben Folds is quickly becoming my favorite songwriter. He has such a great sensibility, with the ability to be funny and yet deeply touching in the same song. There isn't a bad song on the album.

Crowded House - Together Alone (1994)

A natural fit for fans of (good, pre-2000) U2, the last studio album from New Zealand's finest is pure pop/rock poetry in the mold of the Beatles & U2. Neil Finn is at his zenith as a songwriter (and that's saying something) on this slightly dark, atmospheric album that is outstanding start to finish. Highlights include the chilling Private Universe, the acoustic Catherine Wheels and the obvious would-be radio hit Distant Sun (a mild single success in Europe/Australia). Check out Amazon reviews which will support my premise. HIGHLY recommended, a lost treasure that rightly deserves company with peers Achtung Baby and Automatic for the People.

Basstrap said:
I'll go with something new

Josh Rouse - Nashville

My friend, this is a solid album. I saw Josh play a couple months ago however and I must say it ruined alot of it. It was just bad, I mean, adult contemporary bad. Under Cold Blue Stars is still brilliant though....

sad to hear about the live experience.

This album is pretty great from cover to cover though

Basstrap said:
sad to hear about the live experience.

This album is pretty great from cover to cover though

yeah, I still like it, but there are some weak lyrics on a few tunes, overall though, good album. I still say under cold blue stars is better however.

The Bigger Lovers-This Affair Never Happened

Unique music to me. Great guitars and cool vocals! Songs that get me wild are ,"You Don't Fell Anything At All." With the lyrics, "Your eyes closed, You know you look so unposed, You don't feel anything at all." I just love it! And lyrics to touch you and rhythm that produce poems in your head! :cute: :D

Last edited:
I've been listening to the new White Stripes constantly (Get Behind Me Satan). As an album, it's a little uneven, but as a collection of songs, it really is inventive, thought-provoking, and mature. "Forever for Her (Is Over for Me)" is another entry into the Totally Sexy Songs by Jack White catalog; fans of Meg White's vocals (yes, all three of us, probably) get the weird little "Passive Manipulation"; fans of the ever-present creepy element of the Stripes' work will like "White Moon" and "Take, Take, Take"; and anyone who enjoyed Jack's collaboration with Loretta Lynn will enjoy "I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)."

If you only buy one CD from the first half of 2005, make it that one. :up: As Rob Sheffield commented, "If you happen to be in an American rock band, and you don't happen to be one of the White Stripes, it sucks so much to be you right now."

Back
Top Bottom