Reading Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
The last time I was at the bookstore, I had to have spent at least 45 minutes in the Rock Bios/History section of the place. I was just flipping through all these books on bands I've been crazy about forever, and wanted to buy at least 5 of them right on the spot! :crazy: But, you know how it is with books, especially bios and the like, you want to make sure you're getting the best one around before you buy.

So, what I'm asking of you all is this: name some of your favorite rock 'n' roll themed books, and why. They don't neccesarily have to be bios, either. I'm particularly looking for a great women in rock history and a kickass Rolling Stones bio. All suggestions otherwise would also be appreciated! :up: :yes:

there's one about the beatles, i forget the title, but it's by hunter davies, i think...i hope i got his name right...it's pretty much the closest thing to an official bealtes bio

I know this isnt really the answer to what you asked, but I was in one of those sections, and I seriously spent about 2 hrs or more just looking at a bood of album reviews. I hate stuff like that, I'll look up every band and every album I like just to see what they said. I get addicted to crap like that, I just go see if I agree or disagree with what they have to say, and I cant stop.

I really need to get a job reviewing albums, that would rule.

Last edited:
Don't say 3 cd's in your hand. I so wanted to buy more than one cd today when I was at the store. That's just going to tempt me to go buy more.

yeah, i don't want to hear about buying cds right now either...

i need a job first.

u2popmofo said:
I know this isnt really the answer to what you asked, but I was in one of those sections, and I seriously spent about 2 hrs or more just looking at a bood of album reviews. I hate stuff like that, I'll look up every band and every album I like just to see what they said.

I do that almost every time I go to a bookstore. :crack:

There's a great leonard cohen one which I now forget the name of

Back
Top Bottom