Read This! Woo!! Do It!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
so, what with the monstrous U2 hype wagon on the way, I feel it is necessary to think about other bands to distract me... and the rest of you. So... tell me your opinions about any/all of the fallowing bands. They are my current favs, but if you don't know one of them call me an asshole on it:

Coldplay
Creeper Lagoon
Metallica (from the 90's... none of the old stuff)
Travis
Tom Petty
Led Zeppelin
The Smashing Pumpkins
South
Red House Painters
The Beatles

Also, feel free to add anything you want, as this thread ended up not being as good an idea as I thought it would be. Thanks a bunch Milton.:yikes:

i've been avoiding that massive hype-mobile. so...yeah...

Coldplay - i like them, but i've gotten really tired of them. watch out for fights on this topic.

Creeper Lagoon - no idea who that is.

Metallica (from the 90's... none of the old stuff) - the old stuff is better. much much better.

Travis - :yawn:

Tom Petty - never got into the music. indifference.

Led Zeppelin - overrated.

The Smashing Pumpkins - :up:

South - sounds familiar...why? no, seriously. that wasn't a rhetorical question, i really don't remember. someone put a song on a mix, i think.

Red House Painters - never actually heard. heard of, but not heard.

The Beatles - my first favorite band, and will always remain in the top 5.

last time i came up with a list in this type of thread, i was ignored. so i'm not going to bother to add anything.

my list would be:

Snow Patrol

A Perfect Circle

Faith No More

Pearl Jam

Oasis

Velvet Revolver

I really dont care for most of the bands mentioned, but I do like the red house painters. And if you like them, check out Mark Kozeleks latest project Sun Kill Moon. Ghosts of the Great Highway.
Great album.

Why not...

Coldplay - best british band since the smiths

Creeper Lagoon - don't know

Metallica (from the 90's... none of the old stuff) - like you, i don't like the old stuff... neither the new stuff

Travis - like a lot

Tom Petty - respect

Led Zeppelin - respect

The Smashing Pumpkins - never cared too much. i think corgan is a creative songwritter but without genius

South - don't know

Red House Painters - interesting

The Beatles - respect

Back
Top Bottom