Ratings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoman

Refugee
Well the ratings for the Canada US hockey game are in for canadian audiences.

They reached as high as 11 million and avg. at 9 mill. The conclusion also came that out of the possible 30 million citizens only 24 million were either old enough or sane enough to watch the game(this came ala sportsnet) That would mean that half of the whole country watched this game at some point and time.

For americans that would equal to around 130 million people watching the game down south!!!

I'd be intrested in seing the ratings for the US. Even though i think it was reported that NBC only showed the 3rd period!

Also i would like to applaud the CBC olympic coverage. It was the supirior channal over NBC and Cnbc. They showed everything live and then showed it again to recap. They were on top of everything. The NBC people decided to tape EVERYTHING and show it during primetime and make it like a sitcom line-up!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by bonoman:
Even though i think it was reported that NBC only showed the 3rd period!

they showed the whole game. i couldn't find any info on sunday afternoon's game, just overnights for prime time hours, so i couldn't tell you about the ratings.

i imagine they probably approached the highest for a hockey game ever.

They showed the whole game on network television here. But I can garuntee you that although the ratings were probably decently high, I'd be really doubtful that they are anything CLOSE to what they were in Canada. Simply put...hockey just doesn't matter as much to as many people down here.

btw, not EVERYTHING on NBC was taped. They had afternoon live coverage of some events and all of the evening events like skating and short track were live.

Originally posted by J-Tree:
We are gonna stop talking about this one day... right?

no. now we stop talking about '72 and henderson. we have started talking about '02 and iginla and sakic
wink.gif

Originally posted by bonoman:
Oh and by the way those ratings for canada did not include bars or groups of people watching the game. And trust me EVERY bar i seen was FULL!!!

well ratings usually released to the public are fudged a little so for once that may be the actual #
wink.gif

From what i saw they had a lineup already set and most if not all was stuff i had already seen.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Oh and by the way those ratings for canada did not include bars or groups of people watching the game. And trust me EVERY bar i seen was FULL!!!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom