Rapper Eminem, ex-wife remarry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Wedding occurs five years after ugly divorce ruptured turbulent relationship

Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, and Kimberly Mathers exchanged vows in a small and tightly guarded ceremony at Meadow Brook Hall in Rochester Hills, near Detroit.

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. - Rapper Eminem and his former wife remarried Saturday, five years after an ugly divorce ruptured their turbulent relationship.

Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, and Kimberly Mathers exchanged vows in a small and tightly guarded ceremony at Meadow Brook Hall in Rochester Hills, near Detroit.

Journalists and fans crowded the entrance to the grounds around the hall -- a popular wedding site on the Oakland University campus -- as guests began arriving in the afternoon.

Little information was available from inside but Eminem’s publicist, Dennis Dennehy, confirmed to Reuters that the wedding had taken place.

Among other guests, rapper 50 Cent’s G-Unit hip-hop group arrived in an entourage of four sport utility vehicles.

Eminem, 33, arrived in a black limousine, sporting a red baseball hat.

The hip-hop superstar, whose 2000 hit “Kim” is a graphic rap fantasy about his wife’s death, told a Detroit radio station last month the couple had reconciled and would probably remarry.

The Mathers first married in 1999 and their divorce, which prompted a custody battle over their 10-year-old daughter, was finalized in 2001.

Last year, Eminem was treated for addiction to a sleep medication and had to cancel his European tour. His greatest hits collection, “Curtain Call,” was released in December.

Eminem has denied he plans to retire but suggested he could take a break from recording and performing.

“I’m at a point in my life right now where I feel like I don’t know where my career is going right now,” he told Detroit radio station WKQI-FM last month in the only interview he granted to promote the album.

i think this is awesome.

sometimes it's a very long and very difficult road that gets you where you need to be.

i hope it lasts.

It's not on their web site but the new People Magazine has a wedding photo. Kim looked beautiful, she is a brunette now. Unfortunately you can only see the top of the dress. I hope this time they can have a healthy relationship.

MrsSpringsteen said:
It's not on their web site but the new People Magazine has a wedding photo. Kim looked beautiful, she is a brunette now. Unfortunately you can only see the top of the dress. I hope this time they can have a healthy relationship.

:yes:

Eminem files for divorce after less than 3 months
Posted 4/5/2006 2:33 PM

DETROIT (AP) — Eminem filed divorce papers Wednesday, less than three months after remarrying his high school sweetheart, Kim Mathers.
The filing on behalf of Marshall Bruce Mathers III was confirmed by two employees of the Macomb County clerk's office. They didn't provide their names, citing an office policy.

The Grammy- and Oscar-winning rapper and Kim Mathers were married on Jan. 14, a month after the couple announced they were getting back together.

Their first marriage ended after two-plus years in October 2001 in an ugly legal fight that included a custody battle over their daughter.

Eminem and Kim Mathers reconciled in late 2004, and he announced in December 2005 that the two would get back together.

The pair grew up in the suburbs along 8 Mile Road, Detroit's northern border.

Messages seeking comment were left Wednesday with Dennis Dennehy, Eminem's publicist.

The filing adds to what has been a turbulent time for the 33-year-old superstar entertainer.

In August, it was announced that he had entered a hospital to undergo treatment for sleep medication dependency. A month prior to that, Eminem denied reports that he was preparing to retire from recording.

Eminem rose to pop stardom by delivering a number of best-selling CDs, deeply personal lyrics and a starring role in the film 8 Mile.

Along the way, he picked up awards and a devoted following attracted both to his abilities on the mic as well as his juicy life story: A transient childhood spent mostly in Detroit and its suburbs; a series of dead-end jobs; contentious relationships with Kim Mathers and his mother; and an undying love of his daughter.

I'm really not surprised. I couldn't understand why they remarried in the first place, considering how tumultuous their relationship can be

pffft, look at how romantic and hopeful my posts in this thread were.

so lame.

i can't imagine the emotions that poor kid is going through.

:eyebrow: I don't get why they remarried in the first place. That's too bad. It must suck for the kid to be stuck in the middle of all their shit.

Why would you marry someone that you fight with constantly? :shrug: Their child needs a stable home life. Well maybe this time it will actually work!

Edited to say: I missed that 2nd article about the divorce 3 months after their 2nd marriage. Oh silly me to think that these two would actually last! Hope they realize that marriage should be taken seriously and is not a joke.

Last edited:
wait a second, they just got married a second time and are now divorced again?

make up your frikkin' mind Slim Shady:mad:

Damn! That was quick is right! The honeymoon's barely over and shazam! Marriage #2 over! All I can say is I feel for the child involved. How confusing this must be for the poor girl. And I hope that both Eminim and Kim can be adults this time around and make this divorce a quiet and simple one. Sheesh. :no:

Eminem, wife duel over split details

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/07/eminem.divorce.ap/index.html

One day after Eminem filed divorce papers, and 83 days after they remarried, Kim Mathers called a Detroit-area morning show to tell her side of the story.

"He's having problems with, you know, his problem that he had," she said, an apparent reference to the sleep-medication dependency for which Eminem was hospitalized last summer. "I was hoping we could get counseling and work it out, you know? ...

"Right after he came home from his rehab, we started to have a few problems, and I thought it was going to be in our best interest to delay the wedding," said Mathers, who was remarried January 14 to her high school sweetheart.

"But he really pushed it and I thought it was really going to be something that worked this time," she said.

Eminem, however, has not spoken with her in about six weeks, she said, and surprised her by having her served with divorce papers.

"I don't really necessarily want to get divorced," said Mathers, whose first marriage to Eminem lasted from 1999 to 2001. "I was hoping he was going to come home and say, 'I got us a counselor, let's go.' But you know it didn't work out that way. I got an attorney at the door instead."

In a statement released Thursday afternoon through his publicist, Eminem said: "The details surrounding both my marriage and subsequent filing for divorce are private, and I had hoped to keep them that way for the sake of my family. However, a few of Kim's statements in a radio interview this morning need to be addressed.

"First, her allegations regarding my status post-rehab are both untrue and unfortunate. Second, she was aware that I was filing for divorce. We both tried to give our marriage another chance and quickly realized that a wedding doesn't fix the underlying problems."

The 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III, remarried Kimberley Anne Scott a month after the couple announced they had reconciled and were getting back together. The pair grew up in the suburbs along Eight Mile Road, Detroit's northern border.

Eminem has won nine Grammys, including best rap album for "The Slim Shady LP," "The Marshall Mathers LP" and "The Eminem Show." He won an Oscar for the song "Lose Yourself" from "8 Mile," the semi-autobiographical 2002 film in which he starred.

Bonochick said:
Eminem, wife duel over split details

"We both tried to give our marriage another chance and quickly realized that a wedding doesn't fix the underlying problems."

NO. :shocked:

You're KIDDING.

:rolleyes:

Carek1230 said:
Damn! That was quick is right! The honeymoon's barely over and shazam! Marriage #2 over! All I can say is I feel for the child involved. How confusing this must be for the poor girl. And I hope that both Eminim and Kim can be adults this time around and make this divorce a quiet and simple one. Sheesh. :no:

There are actually 3 kids involved...the one they have together, a niece that they adopted and Kim's child from another relationship that he either adopted or was planning on adopting.

It drives me nuts when messed up people drag their poor kids along for the ride and it's even worse when they go on and on about their own unstable childhoods yet they turn around and do the same thing to their kids. The cycle just goes on and on. Pathetic.

^OMG I Had no idea there were 3 kids involved! That is even worse for the kids! Pathetic is right. The kids are most likely more mature than the adults in this situation!

Back
Top Bottom