Randoooooooooooooom: Ice Dancing Toward Toll House Cookie Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he off now? Morgan Freeman is on.....

I usually look to see who is on but I wanted to grab Lils first and it took a while to find her hiding spot.....she has several :happy: Then, the most amazing thing was going on outside....DUCKS ON THE POND!!!!! :dance: They're back! :D It's still frozen but there were 2 ducks standing on the ice.
Yeah, he was just on for the first segment.
:yippie: ducks! Spring!!!

They flew off when I opened the door :(

IMG_3793.jpg

You tube has a tiny clip of Roger talking to his wife for the first time. Maybe more to come later.

Jay Leno was painful last night. I turned it off after I found out Lindsay Vonn was the 2nd guest. Then I turned it back on a half hour later, just as she was coming on. It's funny to listen to her talk because she hasn't lived in MN for a good 10+ years but every so often I hear the "ya sure ya betcha" accent coming out. :crack: Gonna be a rough week of this crap but then no more late night TV at 10:30 on NBC for me :tsk: I'm sure he's going to have great ratings this week due to his guests. :down:

I hate posting pics in the cat thread because I swear everytime I do someone comes in with bad news and then I feel like a jerk for posting a pic of my healthy, happy cat rolling on the floor....

Dancing w/ The Stars cast:
Cast includes Kate Gosselin, Shannen Doherty, Buzz Aldrin, Erin Andrews, Nicole Scherzinger, Aiden Turner, Chad Ochocinco, Niecy Nash, Pam Anderson, Evan Lysacek

This could be interesting

You know, I didn't think there was a way I could be upset with Evan Lysacek. Until he decided to appear on the same Dancing with the Stars as Kate Gosslin. :|

I think it's really funny that Ms Purrl is talking to my father-in-law about bacon on Facebook. I love it when worlds collide!

Hoping that I will sleep tonight. Last night was one of those "why bother even trying?" nights. So glad that I didn't work today.
Off Friday. Hoping to be able to get my hair chopped off a little bit.......it needs it.

I think it's really funny that Ms Purrl is talking to my father-in-law about bacon on Facebook. I love it when worlds collide!
bacon :drool:
I saw your link..............I have had chocolate cov'd bacon and I hated it :yuck:
The Vosges candy bar is at World Market. I picked it up and put it down quickly, it was almost $5!

Roger Ebert's Oprah Interview Makes Us Laugh, Cry - Roger Ebert - Gawker

Some excerpts of Oprah today w/ Roger Ebert and his wife.

I think I am touched so much by this because my grandmother had cancer of the jaw and her jaw was removed. She went in for that surgery and I never saw her alive again. She made it thru the operation by died a few days later. It was during the time when hospitals didn't let anyone under 18 up to ICU no matter what. I would wait on the lower level in the lounge or in the cafeteria for my mother.

Roger Ebert's Oprah Interview Makes Us Laugh, Cry - Roger Ebert - Gawker

Some excerpts of Oprah today w/ Roger Ebert and his wife.

I think I am touched so much by this because my grandmother had cancer of the jaw and her jaw was removed. She went in for that surgery and I never saw her alive again. She made it thru the operation by died a few days later. It was during the time when hospitals didn't let anyone under 18 up to ICU no matter what. I would wait on the lower level in the lounge or in the cafeteria for my mother.

thanks for posting the link.

:sad: that's sad about your grandma. I was able to be with mine when she died but it was a similar experience of her dying a few days after surgery. :sad:

since I never heard back from a few jobs I interviewed/emailed with, I started to inquire about working at the resort for Passover at the end of the month. I could easily handle getting the Easter desserts done for my job here. Problem is airfare is way more than I'd ever spend. I would have a free room at the resort and probably get paid a lot more than I made when I was an actual employee but taking out that airline fee plus a day or two for car rental since I'd want to travel to all of my old hot spots it just wouldn't be worth it. If I actually got paid vacation time for my job then maybe. But unfortunately I just won't make that much to make it worth my while after I take out what I'd make for a week here and the travel expenses I'd probably end up with a few hundred. I can't imagine 12-15 hour days for a week and not getting much of a return. So....that dream is gone. I'm kind of bummed but I really didn't think I was going to go. The wheels have been spinning after I talked to my chef at the resort about it a few weeks ago. Plus, as difficult as it was with my sister last year, we still have a lot of :sigh: "I miss our time in AZ" moments when we're together, especially lately. I think there was a lot of misunderstood things from both sides that happened out there. As much as we're both happy to be home I think if she wouldn't have gotten laid off or if she would have found a job, we'd still be in that cute little house in central Phoenix under Camelback.....

The hotel I interviewed with never called me back or responded to my emails but they still have an add up on their website. Plus, the chef told me she has been interviewing since Dec and hadn't made up her mind yet because they really don't need anyone and are functioning without that extra person. So why they have a job posted each week since Dec on their website and why they're interviewing is just plain stupid. If she hired someone else, great , but the fact that the job posting is updated each week (lots of other jobs have come and gone on this page) is just weird....

:happy: I think I like working the night life better. I hate this evening TV viewing. It bores me....

I hate posting pics in the cat thread because I swear everytime I do someone comes in with bad news and then I feel like a jerk for posting a pic of my healthy, happy cat rolling on the floor....

I wouldn't worry about it. Even when Worf was sick, I liked seeing pictures of other cats that people posted :).

We have been having a run of bad luck in that thread lately with sick kitties, so any cute pictures are good to lighten the mood :hug:.

I loved the one of Lily with the paper :cute:

I wouldn't worry about it. Even when Worf was sick, I liked seeing pictures of other cats that people posted :).

We have been having a run of bad luck in that thread lately with sick kitties, so any cute pictures are good to lighten the mood :hug:.

I loved the one of Lily with the paper :cute:

how is Worf doing these days>

I love it when Lily rolls on her back, exposing her big white belly. So cute. :)

Good, except for a sore on her stomach. I'm wondering if it's a burn from sleeping on top of the cable box :reject:. She's not going to be sleeping up there anymore :no:.

She doesn't seem to bothered by it, so I putting antiseptic on it and seeing if it heals okay before another trip to the vet.

But she likes to eat again, so that's good :)

Good, except for a sore on her stomach. I'm wondering if it's a burn from sleeping on top of the cable box :reject:. She's not going to be sleeping up there anymore :no:.

She doesn't seem to bothered by it, so I putting antiseptic on it and seeing if it heals okay before another trip to the vet.

But she likes to eat again, so that's good :)
Ouch about the sore but wonderful that she is eating again :up:!

I am calling for the end of 2010 and moving directly onto 2011.

Co-worker who is on vacation in Puerto Rico visiting family had a heart attack. She spent 4 days in ICU. She needs open heart surgery. Problem? She is a Jehovah's Witness and is refusing blood products. Her kids in PR are not happy w/ her and we up here a just a little upset and concerned.
I respect her beliefs......................................I think. It is just hard to grasp at the moment.
:crack::sigh:

I am calling for the end of 2010 and moving directly onto 2011.

Co-worker who is on vacation in Puerto Rico visiting family had a heart attack. She spent 4 days in ICU. She needs open heart surgery. Problem? She is a Jehovah's Witness and is refusing blood products. Her kids in PR are not happy w/ her and we up here a just a little upset and concerned.
I respect her beliefs......................................I think. It is just hard to grasp at the moment.
:crack::sigh:

I'm not a terribly religious person, but I think God gave us science and doctors and the ability to grasp the knowledge to heal ourselves for a good reason. That's very sad. :(

Amanda, if you're bored and missing figure skating this weekend, this is going on in your backyard:

Events

Team Braemar from Edina, MN are the reigning national Junior champions and have won a bunch of international medals lately, and the Senior Free Saturday evening will be a battle of Plushenko/Lysacek proportions between the Haydenettes, Miami University Red Hawks, and the eternal bronze medalist Crystallettes!

OK Computer is calming my nerves, strangely enough.

Amanda, if you're bored and missing figure skating this weekend, this is going on in your backyard:

Events

Team Braemar from Edina, MN are the reigning national Junior champions and have won a bunch of international medals lately, and the Senior Free Saturday evening will be a battle of Plushenko/Lysacek proportions between the Haydenettes, Miami University Red Hawks, and the eternal bronze medalist Crystallettes!

fly in and we'll go!

I'm not a terribly religious person, but I think God gave us science and doctors and the ability to grasp the knowledge to heal ourselves for a good reason. That's very sad. :(

I'm going to agree with you here. I just don't understand religion enough to see how it can become more important to someone than their own health. Sad situation. I hope it turns out positive for her....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom