Randoooooooooooooom: Ice Dancing Toward Toll House Cookie Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you are feeling better today :hug: *sprays self w/ disinfectant after hug ;)*
Snow is just grand :|. They are saying that we may get wrap around snow from the NY storm...........um, no. NY can keep it :mad:

Thanks, Shari. Somewhat better today--at least I lasted all day at work. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday, though.

This winter seems never-ending. :sad:

^good and yes, winter seems never-ending.

I am never gonna have another Saturday off. At least the new schedule has me working only til 2:45. I will have to ask off for one to be able to go see the Dead Sea Scrolls w/ a friend.

Today was not a easy day. Wore teal (ovarian cancer support color). One year ago at this time I found out my friend died after battling that $*(#)# of a disease. Really hard to believe it has been a full year. Drove past her street on the way to restaurant tonight and just wanted to burst into tears. So between the knee, the work crap and this I am a emotional wreck :crack:.

I am never gonna have another Saturday off. At least the new schedule has me working only til 2:45. I will have to ask off for one to be able to go see the Dead Sea Scrolls w/ a friend.

Today was not a easy day. Wore teal (ovarian cancer support color). One year ago at this time I found out my friend died after battling that $*(#)# of a disease. Really hard to believe it has been a full year. Drove past her street on the way to restaurant tonight and just wanted to burst into tears. So between the knee, the work crap and this I am a emotional wreck :crack:.

:( :hug: I can't believe it's been a whole year. :sad:

Spring is a coming in Minnesota! 30's last week then a little "cold" spell of 20's this week but now we're back up to 30's. The side streets are finally free of ice. It's wonderful driving now. Between the hacked up construction roads all summer and then then ice immediately following, it's been a long time since I've been able to coast down my street without feeling like my car is going to fall apart. :happy: I might go to the lake on Sun or Mon for a walk. :drool: It will be really cold but so worth it to be near the lake. My work is near the river and everyone has been really excited this week that it's thawed. :)

I wish my friends would get back to me. Do we have plans this weekend or not?!?! :happy: So annoying. Either way I'd like to know so I can plan my precious time away from work.....

The only one they've showed so far is the girl from Turkey who is in 21st place . . . it's going to be a long night.

I like her! I remember her from Torino, but who could forget a girl named Tugba whose parents gave up everything so she could be the only Turkish figure skater?

I liked the girl from Australia, too, until she fell and apparently considered not getting up. :|

I became a fan of Joannie Rochette on Facebook, and found the Saddest Thing in the World: She has an album called "Olympics 2010" and it has one picture from last Saturday.

I became a fan of Joannie Rochette on Facebook, and found the Saddest Thing in the World: She has an album called "Olympics 2010" and it has one picture from last Saturday.

Sad because it's one picture the day before her mom died or is that her mom in the background?

I always have such high hopes of going out and about on Sat afternoons when I get home from work but now that I'm home, have eaten lunch, and am sitting I have no desire to move. However, I'm sure in a few hours I'll be climbing the walls so I probably should go. My Sat plans got shifted to Mon so I have nothing to do tonight :happy:

Hang in there, sweet lady! :hug:

They keep talking about Ala Moana and Magic Island :love: I was wearing bright pink capri sweat pants and a Hawaii t-shirt and was hobbling on crutches when last at those places.........

I decided to go to the mall to buy a new pair of Crocs for work....ugly, yes I know BUT soooo comfy when you're running around a kitchen. Plus they last a long time and my feet never hurt :up: They were out of my size :scream: But they did give me a coupon for free shipping so I should have them in a week. I can't wait. It's time to toss my other ones. They last me just shy of 2 years so I'd say that's a good investment. Plus the resort had a work shoe reimbursement policy so they paid for 1/2 of my shoes. :)

my friend and I decided to go to a lake for a walk tomorrow. Caribou then the lake then maybe another walk later on when Roxy gets here. Perfect Sunday :up:

I decided to go to the mall to buy a new pair of Crocs for work....ugly, yes I know BUT soooo comfy when you're running around a kitchen. Plus they last a long time and my feet never hurt :up: They were out of my size :scream: But they did give me a coupon for free shipping so I should have them in a week. I can't wait. It's time to toss my other ones. They last me just shy of 2 years so I'd say that's a good investment. Plus the resort had a work shoe reimbursement policy so they paid for 1/2 of my shoes. :)
Hey, I agree that Crocs are both comfy as all get out but ugly.
I wore them when I first went back to work after the broken leg........then the work place *outlawed* them. No more :(
I keep a pair by the door during the spring, summer, early fall, to just slip on in a rush.

I love my Mac....however, I feel limited in some ways that I wasn't on a PC. There's no Paint option so I can't seem to figure out where to copy a photo I found online, paste it on my computer, and then edit it in the same ways I would if I were using paint. There's a few online places that sort of work the same but not really. I've thought about this way too much tonight to the point of complete frustration. All I wanted to do was fix one picture I emailed to myself from my phone and a whole hours worth of wasted time has been spent trying to figure this out. I officially think I need a Mac class....I took a Photoshop class a long time ago and quit because it was all on Mac and since I only had a PC I couldn't do my homework. The description of the course failed to mention the Mac only thing :happy: Anyways now I wish I would have stayed with that class! :( But I don't have a current copy of Photoshop to use. There's a dude at my work that is Mac obsessed but he's going on vacation til next weekend. He said we could talk Mac when he gets back and he'll bring in some programs he has at home. I should have just waited to do this little project until I see him again....:angry:

:( I found a creepy bug crawling on the floor. I didn't think that was possible in the winter. I'm such a wimp when it comes to that sort of stuff so I woke up Lily. She took care of it and is currently still in the area on spider patrol. I can tell she's dying for another. :heart:

:heart: stomping on a bug! (next to my dead computer :happy: )

Photo-0295.jpg

she left the room for a minute but just came running back in to scan the area.

the lake was gorgeous! Really cold but worth every step. Since the river is thawed I kind of had it in my head that the lake would be too so I was a little shocked not only to see it still frozen but frozen enough that people were walking and skating on it. So close to spring but not quite there yet. I thought we would only go part way and then turn around but we ended up walking the entire 3 miles. :drool: I might go back tomorrow or to another smaller lake that I love to go to in the spring when the lilacs are in bloom.

My friend said since she's going to see U2 with me twice this year, and one is in another state, she has to skip Gaelic Storm until maybe later in the summer. :grumpy: It's all good since I really should focus on saving for my U2 trip but still a little bummed that I won't get to see them. I can't think of anyone else that would be remotely interested in seeing a goofy little band that sings Irish drinking songs....

the lake was gorgeous! Really cold but worth every step. Since the river is thawed I kind of had it in my head that the lake would be too so I was a little shocked not only to see it still frozen but frozen enough that people were walking and skating on it. So close to spring but not quite there yet. I thought we would only go part way and then turn around but we ended up walking the entire 3 miles. :drool: I might go back tomorrow or to another smaller lake that I love to go to in the spring when the lilacs are in bloom.

My friend said since she's going to see U2 with me twice this year, and one is in another state, she has to skip Gaelic Storm until maybe later in the summer. :grumpy: It's all good since I really should focus on saving for my U2 trip but still a little bummed that I won't get to see them. I can't think of anyone else that would be remotely interested in seeing a goofy little band that sings Irish drinking songs....
:( too bad about you missing GS round 1.

lilacs :heart:

Gonna be a early night. Had one of those *eyes closed but fully aware of what is going on around you* nights :yawn:

NBC has been advertising during the entire Olympics for shows that will be on after the closing ceremonies. So I had assumed this would be a really short evening. Guess not. I didn't realize they were going to go on and on and on......Not that I mind, especially since I wouldn't have watched the new shows anyways but I just don't remember closing ceremonies being this long.

I love the Olympics! I'm going to miss them.......:(

I think they said there'd be more in an hour (after "The Marriage Ref"?), but I'll be heading to bed by then. How surreal was that last number with the fake mounties, voyageur canoes, floating reindeer, and inflatable beavers? Looked like the inside of a snow globe! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom