Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY......I just found some places that have openings. One sounds a little intimidating but it would be awesome experience to help me advance in the pastry world. I just sent off my resume and cover letter. :hyper:

^$1? That is funny. And better then the couple hundred I've had to pay Indiana over the last three years!

Now MY neighborhood is on the news...I live in a bend in the White River, and there's a small waterfall a few blocks north...which has been even smaller lately since we've had so much rain. Someone drove their pontoon over the waterfall and flipped it, and now there's a news helicopter hovering over my house.

Boat rescue in Broad Ripple - WTHR | Indianapolis

Oh I had to pay AZ and MN a combined total of about the extra money I got back from the Feds so it worked out nicely. I've never had to pay before so I was a extremely annoyed by that. But I'm just very happy today's news was a refund and not a bill. Two down, one to go. Hopefully the MN, and the most complicated one this year, is A-OK. :eek: They sure cashed my check in a hurry.....

and all of this talk about rain and hail has me very excited to move! Can't wait to see some diversity in the weather.

My cousin's hubby just got a job in Atlanta! Seems like the place to move these days. I've never been there before. :hmm:

Total Eclipse is my favorite so far :lol:
Someone is in the market for a new pontoon boat.

Congrats on the buck you got back from AZ, arw.

FINALLY......I just found some places that have openings. One sounds a little intimidating but it would be awesome experience to help me advance in the pastry world. I just sent off my resume and cover letter. :hyper:

:hyper:

:up: Good luck!!

note to self....when toasting waffles in the toaster oven, it's best to make sure the toaster is plugged in. I "toasted" them twice before I realized the reason they were not cooking was because the timer still works when it's unplugged. :der: Oh and yes....I am a chef :reject: :up:

Hit up Barnes and Noble today. I went to check out and I had forgotten my card, so they tried looking it up. No go. It said it expired April 2006. WRONG! :rant:
So no discount. I renewed it last Nov. cuz I bought Christmas prezzies online and got the discount. Now I have to take my card back and get an adjustment.
My fault completely for forgetting the card, but why am I not in the system :mad:?

that's lame......I don't know how much you get off at B&N but I don't like that you have to pay. Borders is free. You don't get an instant discount but they send coupons all the time.

sold...

pool table
couch
recliner
couch with a bed
ugly nesting tables, 2 sets to the same person
3 different bookcases

all in 2 days....well other than the pool table which sold last week.

After seeing how easy this was, I think I'm going to reconsider this craigslist thing when I get back home and clean out my storage. I have tons of furniture that I inherited, don't want, never used when I lived alone, and now pay $70 a month to store it.

I agree about the not liking to pay, but the $ I have saved while purchasing stuff for me, birthday gifts, christmas gifts has paid for what I spent on getting the card and then some :shrug: I get special larger discounts from time to time...........I don't think I am renewing when it expires later this year, though.
Borders around here is nice, but I always have better luck with B & N. Plus our Borders seems to be discountinuing their music/DVD section..........at least they have reaaaallllly downsized it :(
Borders gets trounced by B & N around here. They are just down the road from each other. Borders is in the back parking lot of the store I work at so I can escape there during lunch, if I neeeed to get out of the store

Wow! You really are selling alot of the stuff. Congrats!

Wow, that is a difference! We're warmer today than yesterday, but storms expected this evening. Saw some great live footage on the weather channel yesterday of a tornado forming in Wyoming. Hope they stay out there!

Going to a meeting this afternoon of our tour group for our trip to Ireland on June 27. I'm so excited, I could just about scream! :hyper:

ok I was in the mood for chocolate and I bought a candy bar from B & N yesterday ~ Godiva~ kind of waxy :reject: They make a outrageous raspberry center, but the chocolate leaves something to be desired.

47 degrees

ok I was in the mood for chocolate and I bought a candy bar from B & N yesterday ~ Godiva~ kind of waxy :reject: They make a outrageous raspberry center, but the chocolate leaves something to be desired.

47 degrees

that's weird because they should be using a higher quality of chocolate....for the amount of money they charge for their products it should be better quality.

47 degrees? :drool:

^ Not much of a fan of Godiva anyway, I used to like their pumpkin truffles, key lime truffles and I do still like the raspberry centers..................tart :drool:, just leave the chocolate off it :mac:

Dirty Dancing is on.........I know what will be on in the background as I hang up clothes :D

and yes now Gaelic Storm is on..........er, um I mean Titanic. I only watch Titanic until the Storm is on and then I flip the channel....
In a vegging kind of mood, so magazines, computer and tv WIN!

could someone please tell me HOW SAP got programmed into my TV? TBS is only watchable in my world thru the courtesy of closed captioning............make SAP go away. My menu on the tv says that SAP is off, so what the heck is going on?

green bean quinoa salad
1 c quinoa
2 c vegetable stock
3 c green beans, trimmed and cut into bite sized peices
1/2 red onion, diced
1 c fresh corn or thawed frozen corn
handfuls of fresh chives & parsley, chopped
1 lemon, juiced & zested
1/2 c olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt & pepper
1/2 c feta cheese, crumbled

1. In a dry pan, toast the quinoa until it gets golden and start to jump around. Remove from heat and rinse well under cold water. Meanwhile, in a medium sized pot, add the stock and bring to a boil. Add the rinsed quinoa to the stock and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the quinoa is dry and fluffy.

2. In another pot, steam the green beans until bright green but still crisp. Rinse well under cold water to prevent further cooking.

3. Mix the lemon juice, zest, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper into a dressing. Place the quinoa, green beans, corn, red onion and fresh herbs into a serving bowl and toss with the dressing. Chill until cool. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese.

I think I found another quinoa recipe to try :drool:

^ Cool :). I went last summer with a Disney tour group. Is this your first time going to Ireland?

Yes, first time. The meeting was at one of our local Irish bubs, and the travel agents who put together the trip for the pub owners were there to provide information and answer questions--so many things I never thought of! I've never traveled internationally before (except for a couple of hours in Mexico and Canada years ago), so this is all new.

It appears to be quite a lively group! :D Nine members of my family are going (was 10, but my niece who's a conference coordinator for the Swan and Dolphin at Disney World can't go because or job cuts/reorganization there--she doesn't feel it's a good time to be gone for 10 days :sad:), and there's another family group of eight, total of 39. Two nights each in Galway, Killarney, Kinsale, and Dublin, with sightseeing points inbetween. The Cliffs of Moher and the Rock of Cashel are included, so I'm a happy girl. We hope to go to Newgrange while we're in Dublin, too.

We leave here at 11:30 a.m. on June 27 in a motorcoach to Chicago, then fly from there; and get back about 10:00 p.m. on July 6. Can't believe it's less than three weeks away now--I can remember when it was four months! :hyper:

^ :hyper: how exciting! I :heart: the Cliffs. I have an 8 x 10 pic I took while I was there and it's one of the few items I brought with me to Phx.

One of my friends has never been to Europe before. Last night he put on his facebook page that he wants to go to Ireland and England. I told him to let me know when we leave! :drool: He said next summer :love: Now I just need to find a job in MN to save :happy:

so...:crack:.....I forgot how easily addicted I can become to Bruce Dickinson's voice. The Iron Maiden movie on VH1 last night was awesome. I wish they would have toured someplace where I could have seen them. Basically it was a blast from the past tour where they only played songs from the early to mid 80's. They said in the movie that it wasn't a greatest hits tour but more like a little christmas present to their younger fans who weren't born back in the day, which there are now several of since older metal is having some sort of rebirth. They wanted to give them a chance to see what an Iron Maiden concert was like back then. So they did like 24 shows in just a few months with all of their gear, tour roadies, and band members on the same plane with none other than Captain Bruce Dickinson flying the plane :heart: (yes he's a real life airline pilot captain). One scene you'd see him in his cute little flight suit and the next he would be freaking out on stage. I :heart: him.

So ever since last night I've been youtubing anything I can find. Outside of one Maiden album on my ipod, all of my Maiden and Bruce's solo stuff is at my parents house :scream: I wonder if my dad will go digging in boxes for me and bring the stuff when he comes out in a few weeks to drive back our moving truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom