Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I couldn't stand it anymore. I said a prayer, copied files from external, downloaded new iTunes, authorized my computer and voila, make that VOILA! I am back in business! I even have the DL'd youtube videos...............Bruce at Harley Fest :happysigh::heart:
As Bruce is saying: Turn it up, turn it up, turn it up!

Glad you had such a great time in MN :)

I don't think I mentioned that we were a few minutes behind because we went to the wrong Caribou. :der: We decided on the one by Whole Foods and then we drove, for some reason, to the one in a Lund's a few blocks away. We sat in the parking lot for a few minutes, and then went in and we headed through the Caribou into Lunds and had a major "Oh, crap!" moment.

I didn't want to leave MSP today, either. We had a great weekend, and I kept thinking about how much it sucks that his new department is moving to ATL. He has so many friends in Minnesota that have welcomed me into the flock, and with you moving back we could hang out...It's too bad we have to move further away from everyone there AND all our new(ish) Indy friends.

oh you were in Uptown if you were by Lunds.

MSP is the perfect place to live outside of Jan and Feb. Too bad you guys can't move there instead of another new city. Maybe one day he'll get transfered up there for good!

well got to work yesterday and there was not one single culinary staff member anywhere to be found other than the room service chef. :crazy: I made the standard stuff for the restaurant and was just getting ready to go down there when one of the girls who normally does pastry for them came up to get the stuff. :huh: I need the hours but if she's here then why am I? So she called her chef who said to just have me come on down. I barely made any desserts last night. I ate their food more than I worked :reject: But they were all excited to have someone different down there to make stuff for....and vegetarian stuff too. I guess that's more of a challenge for them. :huh:

I'm only scheduled 19 hours this week. I was originally scheduled a big 7 hours but since the restaurant said they needed help, I was given 2 6 hour shifts. If I would have known this information earlier then I would have told them no thanks on the restaurant hours and to give my 1 7 hour day to someone else so I could have just stayed home to job search. :angry: I just applied to a few places between Sunday and today and now that I'm back in AZ it will do me no good if they want to interview me.

oh you were in Uptown if you were by Lunds.

MSP is the perfect place to live outside of Jan and Feb. Too bad you guys can't move there instead of another new city. Maybe one day he'll get transfered up there for good!

Oh, we weren't just BY Lunds, we were IN Lunds. I think I confused him because he asked if it was a Caribou in a Whole Foods and we had been to that Lunds before with one of his friends and gotten something in the Caribou and then something at the Lunds. :der:

Since Northwest is becoming Delta, we're moving to headquarters. We'd better LOVE Atlanta. :huh:

told my boss today that I need to move and explained why. He sort of knew it was coming but I really think he thought I was kidding the past few weeks. So when I told him he kept saying I was making a mistake and needed to stay.....but then I said stay where and support myself with what money since I'm only getting scheduled a few hours a week. He said that I'm going to be really unhappy in Minnesota. :der: I said I moved to the desert because I always vacationed in the desert and thought I wanted to live there. But I'm sick of living away from water and my friends and family so I think I'll be happy as can be once I find a job. It's nice to know that I'm appreciated somehow since he went around in circles all afternoon. I told him I wanted to ask our executive chef for help about a potential transfer and didn't want to jump rank by not talking to him first so now I have to talk to the big guy too. I'm sure my boss already texted him with this news. I also told him that it's for personal reasons that I'm leaving and probably wouldn't have left for a while yet if this wasn't going on but since we're on the subject...I told him I'm way overdue for a promotion and raise and that I do way more in terms of volume and creativity than people who are above me. He agreed with me. I said that if I were to stay that my status and hourly rate would have to increase. He didn't answer me.....

The girl who sits next to me at work (and currently 1/3 of my department) got hit by a car crossing the street this morning. :| She's okay, just hurting, but it was way too freaky. I was sitting in the traffic jam the accident caused, and then I saw people from my floor buzzing around the security desk in the lobby. There's a conference room next to our cubes that is all windows and looks out over the street...where everyone in our area was standing there watching her husband drive up and jump into the ambulance with her. Scary.

The greatest Viking in Minnesota's franchise history, Fran Tarkenton, lashed out at Brett Favre on 790 The Zone, an Atlanta radio station.

Tarkenton angrily stated, "“I think it’s despicable. What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Here’s an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players. It just wasn’t about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favre’s of the world so much, they think it’s about them. He goes to New York and bombs. He’s 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year (coming to play for) the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers? I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail.”
The former Viking continued, "He (Favre) told the Packers, ‘I’m retiring,’" They’ve got to move on. They’ve got to go through their offseason plan, their workouts, they go with the other quarterback (Aaron Rodgers), who is a good player, and then he (Favre) comes back and says, "I think I want to play." You build your team in the offseason. Everybody knows that. It’s about team. It’s not about Brett Favre. So he goes and runs up to the Jets, doesn’t even dress in the locker room with the players. Has a separate facility. Playing quarterback is about the relationships you have with your coaches, with your players, with your trainers, with your managers. How can you do that if you show up on gameday and you haven’t put the time in. And now he’s trying to do it again in Minnesota. And if Minnesota bites, God bless them.”

You can read a related story in the Minneapolis Star Tribune and listen to the writer of the article, Judd Zolgad, tonight at 6:10 CT on SPORTS CENTRAL with Bill Michaels

Go Fran! :up:
Goodbye #4 Jersey day in June 4 when Purple Heart comes to pick up the stuff
Day 1 of 9 was challenging. No extra help, migraine, nausea, big sale day, sale not completely set, markdowns not done :crack:
I left a little early when the night person came in, came home, went to sleep, and woke up to the above discussion ......saltines are yummy as is ginger ale. Day 2 better be better!
I left an hour early when

The girl who sits next to me at work (and currently 1/3 of my department) got hit by a car crossing the street this morning. :| She's okay, just hurting, but it was way too freaky. I was sitting in the traffic jam the accident caused, and then I saw people from my floor buzzing around the security desk in the lobby. There's a conference room next to our cubes that is all windows and looks out over the street...where everyone in our area was standing there watching her husband drive up and jump into the ambulance with her. Scary.
Ok, my day was not bad afterall...................perspective. Thank you.
Glad she is ok.

I remember seeing a couple classmates actually hit by a car on their way home from school. Mom was driving me to church for confirmation class when it happened. It was just sickening to see :sick:
Got to confirmation class and said many prayers

:yikes:

Go Fran! :up:
Goodbye #4 Jersey day in June 4 when Purple Heart comes to pick up the stuff
Day 1 of 9 was challenging. No extra help, migraine, nausea, big sale day, sale not completely set, markdowns not done :crack:
I left a little early when the night person came in, came home, went to sleep, and woke up to the above discussion ......saltines are yummy as is ginger ale. Day 2 better be better!
I left an hour early when

I was just going to post this! I totally agree with him. I'm still on the fence over this situation. I'd rather he just stay retired and not piss off all of Wisconsin and most of Minnesota. I just don't know what to think but so far he's still retired so there's no need to really worry about a purple #4.

I :heart: Fran. I'm disappointed I didn't buy a t shirt a few years ago with the Vikings logo on the front and a retired #10 on the back. It must have been some limited edition anniversary of some sort t shirt. At least he got the Vikes to a super bowl a few times. Didn't win but at least he was there :|

I just made the most amazing salsa :love::love::love:

my sister sold the pool table! Some dude called this morning, showed up with his wife, they barely looked at it, put a deposit down, and will be back in the am with a truck to pick it up. :D

Sounds like something should be decided by the end of the week in the Favre/Vikings thing........MN wants an answer :)

salsa^ I have never made my own :reject: Local Sendiks makes killer salsa :drool:
*waves bye to pool table*

it was so easy and cheap! I went to Sprouts, which is a farmer's market type of a place and probably one of the only things I'll really miss about AZ. Anyways I spent $3.04 on the ingredients! In total I spent $25 on chips, salsa ingredients, tons of bell peppers, sweet potatoes, rasp sorbet, lemons and limes, and a few other things...oh and garlic hummus :drool: I'm always totally shocked at how cheap my bill is.

The salsa is super easy to make.....I bought 9 roma tomatoes, 1 small hot pepper, 1 red onion (only used about a 1/4 of it, if that), 1 avacado, and limes. I chopped everything up super small, squeezed a lime, added a little salt and garlic (normally I use fresh but we forgot to buy one) and that's it. The pepper was way too hot so I only used about a 1/4 of it and it was tiny to begin with :reject: Thankfully the salt and lime took care of the super spicyness.

Later this week we're going to make our own veggie chips with beets and sweet potato. I've never liked beets before but my sister wanted to try it. Everything I've seen online to do this says it's really easy so we'll try it. Lord knows I have plenty of time off :happy: :|

my aunt found a job for me at a bakery that desperately needs help from Memorial day to Labor day....TWO hours away from the Twin Cities by their cabin! :scream: :angry: Apartments are about $300 a month and you can easily find month to month or people even renting houses. It's on a very busy lake. They are so busy that some days they have to close before their actual closing time because they run out of product :crazy: I would love that kind of environment but it's too far away and I'd never get a chance to go to my beautiful lakes. Sure i'd be living on a lake but it's a recreation lake without walking trails :tsk: Their cabin is a small 3 bedroom and since they have 3 married kids and 2 grandkiddies, the place is overflowing most of the summer so there's no way I could stay there...............

My sanity is going to :crack: soon.
I requested off for 6/13-6/14. I made copies of paperwork. I have them. I got scheduled on the 13th :|
Don't know about the 14th yet..........the schedule is not out. I don't request off very much...............if I am not approved for the days someone has to tell me :mad: otherwise I am planning on having off.
I am not missing the family stuff anymore. I dumped my hours off to a co-worker.........I lose hours that week, but I am not risking not being off. I left copies of my copies attached to the new schedule in the boss mailbox with a note.

^you ok? :hug:

I feel like a vampire. I love the dark bedroom. Stayed home today. Woke up middle of the night with my head screaming, took meds, woke up, headache switched sides :mad: (just friggin' go away!). Stomach also was not happy. I slept the better part of the day...............managed to eat a few saltine crackers and had Driving Miss Daisy on quietly in the background ( love that movie).
I think the headache is gone and I dare not sleep anymore right now even though that is what I want to do................Sleeping tonight could be a challenge. At least I don't work until 3 tomorrow.

Has anyone ever sold a house before? I want to know if I'm being irrational...The realtor comes in to take pictures or leave brochures every few weeks, and he'll "hide" things from the camera. But then he doesn't put them back. I have had a hellish 3 days of work, and then I came in to find the toaster, the dustbuster, and the paper towels in the doorway. So I had to clean up his mess downstairs, note the glass he broke and the note he left about it on the cardboard back of a pad of paper and not the actual paper, and then go upstairs and put things back in the bedroom and bathroom. People at work think I'm being picky. I think a grown man can turn off lights when he leaves a room and put away a pile of someone else's stuff in a house that is still lived in.

^ He should definitely put back whatever he moves. That would annoy me too :grumpy:. I hate it when people do that at work. If that happened in my personal space it would drive me bonkers.

shari, yeah I'm okay - just a particularly bad "it's that time of the month" this week (trying to avoid the tmi details :reject: ). Sorry you had a bad migraine :hug:. I can't imagine having those kind of headaches on a regular basis :(

Has anyone ever sold a house before? I want to know if I'm being irrational...The realtor comes in to take pictures or leave brochures every few weeks, and he'll "hide" things from the camera. But then he doesn't put them back. I have had a hellish 3 days of work, and then I came in to find the toaster, the dustbuster, and the paper towels in the doorway. So I had to clean up his mess downstairs, note the glass he broke and the note he left about it on the cardboard back of a pad of paper and not the actual paper, and then go upstairs and put things back in the bedroom and bathroom. People at work think I'm being picky. I think a grown man can turn off lights when he leaves a room and put away a pile of someone else's stuff in a house that is still lived in.

I would complain. It's not like keeping those lights on are free. Tell him that your house needs to look exactly the way you left it after he leaves or you might have to find a new realtor. I'm sure he'll get the hint if you threaten to get rid of him....

^you ok? :hug:

I feel like a vampire. I love the dark bedroom. Stayed home today. Woke up middle of the night with my head screaming, took meds, woke up, headache switched sides :mad: (just friggin' go away!). Stomach also was not happy. I slept the better part of the day...............managed to eat a few saltine crackers and had Driving Miss Daisy on quietly in the background ( love that movie).
I think the headache is gone and I dare not sleep anymore right now even though that is what I want to do................Sleeping tonight could be a challenge. At least I don't work until 3 tomorrow.

feel better!!!

:happy: my uncle that was in the hospital the same time my grandpa went in a few months ago just had an unrelated test and he might have a serious problem that could be cancer. WTF is going on this year with my family in terms of health and jobs?!?! My mom calls and said she had some sad news to tell me that doesn't have to do with my dad or brother.......so naturally I think it's my grandpa. He just had minor surgery on Wed but minor surgery for a 94 year old man could is not really minor. I was so mad at her for phrasing it that way. :angry:

agreed that your mom could have broke the news in a better way ^

Gonna eat a little something, take a short nap, get ready for work, go, come home at 9:15 and sleep...............Head still is not happy, happier yes, but completely happy, no. Kelly, headaches are from same *tmi* you mentioned in your response. It sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom