Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to put up fliers this afternoon near my grandpa's house for the sale that starts tomorrow. The bakery is an exit before my grandpa's exit on the highway so I had no excuses not to do this. It's a good 25 min drive or more depending on traffic so it's not like it's just down the street. I just got home and now I have to go all the way back with my dad :crazy: I knew I had to go back again tonight but I didn't realize I would be home for 30 minutes. At least I don't have to drive.

OMG!!!!!1 I have a new job and start tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

The bakery was soooooo annoyed to the point that I left over an hour early today. Screw them. I was going to offer to work part time at night but I'll find something else if I need to.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Woo hoo! Congratulations. :dancing::dance::yippie:

I found out today that, starting in October, we will be charging seniors a membership to use the center after decades of them coming here for free. $55 for residents per year, $110 for non-residents or $8 daily fee. Oh and because of federal regulations, the county lunch program may not allowed to operate out of our center if we start charging.

Can I come and work with you? :help:

OMG!!!!!1 I have a new job and start tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

The bakery was soooooo annoyed to the point that I left over an hour early today. Screw them. I was going to offer to work part time at night but I'll find something else if I need to.

Yay! Great news! :hug:

:up: Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations :)

I found out today that, starting in October, we will be charging seniors a membership to use the center after decades of them coming here for free. $55 for residents per year, $110 for non-residents or $8 daily fee. Oh and because of federal regulations, the county lunch program may not allowed to operate out of our center if we start charging.

:( That is so sad...........I can only imagine how that will go over.
Is there some place nearby that can feed the seniors if your center can't......:(

thanks all. i'm really excited and super relieved that I don't have to go back to that crappy bakery again. I am a little frazzled that I have to now work tomorrow and Friday since I had originally asked for that off at the bakery to help with the estate sale. Tomorrow is no big deal but Friday is going to suck because I have to be at my friends house on Friday night since we have to leave at 4 am on Sat for WI :crack: I only work half days tomorrow and Friday so I'll still have to drive over to the estate sale. At least I don't have to worry about driving to WI and can just relax all weekend :drool:

that's sad. They should grandfather members in who have been there for a while or at least not charge them so much. $55 a year isn't that much if you divide it over a whole year but it just sounds like a lot when you put it together.

poor little Lily was home alone all day today with the exception of that half hour I was here this afternoon. I gave her a some food when I stopped home but didn't really get to snuggle up with her. She's being so clingy now. My dad is home in the mornings so she follows him all over the house but she runs if he tries to pick her up to put her on the couch with him. So now the she's driving me nuts. If my sister can't get here to see her when I'm gone all of 48 hours this weekend then I think Lily will probably hide under the couch until I come back. She's getting used to it here but I think she's still afraid I'm going to get out her little blue crate and put her in the car with me. She's not a mover :tsk: So things like her being home alone all day here definitely affect her differently than it did when she had Roxy the doggie and her mommy under the same roof.

that's sad. They should grandfather members in who have been there for a while or at least not charge them so much. $55 a year isn't that much if you divide it over a whole year but it just sounds like a lot when you put it together.

Yeah, it's less than $5 a month. I wish we could charge them monthly or quarterly instead of all at once, but that idea was nixed by the higher ups. I'm still going to bring it up again though.

I think I'm just going to have to steel myself to get yelled at by old people until I can go and see U2 :lol: :reject:

thanks all. i'm really excited and super relieved that I don't have to go back to that crappy bakery again. I am a little frazzled that I have to now work tomorrow and Friday since I had originally asked for that off at the bakery to help with the estate sale. Tomorrow is no big deal but Friday is going to suck because I have to be at my friends house on Friday night since we have to leave at 4 am on Sat for WI :crack: I only work half days tomorrow and Friday so I'll still have to drive over to the estate sale. At least I don't have to worry about driving to WI and can just relax all weekend :drool:

A zombie for Irish Fest...sleep on the bus if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom