Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After having the past 2 days off I have realized that I am in dire need of a vacation.
My first vacation is towards the end of June :sigh:
Enjoy your escape home, arw. I will live vicariously thru you.

why the heck did I think I could watch Farrah's Story without getting upset?
Farrah is quite the battler, reminded me of my friend

Got a crash course in bridal registry just before I left :crack: There were reasons why I never accepted the offers in the past to be the bridal consultant.......I have no interest in it. All I keep thinking is the amount of $$$$$$$ spent on weddings could be a downpayment for a house....../true confessions.
I have always told my mother that if I ever get married that I don't want a BIG wedding.........I have in fact tormented mom by saying that my idea of wedding garb is a t=shirt saying bride and one saying groom............A big wedding is just not my cup o tea

Dear weatherman,
It is May. Freezing overnight temps are not acceptable. Please rectify this situation immediately.
Thank you
Shari

My sister and I spent Friday and Saturday night at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando. Cool place, great pool (although I almost took out a kid going down the waterslide because the idiot was just standing there at the bottom of the slide :yikes: ).

Kerry found a last minute deal on the internet, so it was almost $100 cheaper than it usually is. Yay for a depressed travel industry :)

My sister and I spent Friday and Saturday night at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando. Cool place, great pool (although I almost took out a kid going down the waterslide because the idiot was just standing there at the bottom of the slide :yikes: ).

Kerry found a last minute deal on the internet, so it was almost $100 cheaper than it usually is. Yay for a depressed travel industry :)

Sounds fun! Someone (and it was prolly you who DID) should teach the kid not to stand at the bottom of the slide.

All those weekends I had off and this (now past) one has J asking if I wanted to go to a Ren. Faire down in another town..........:scream: I am back to working weekends :scream:
I think I shall alter the soup nazi's quote a little bit and say "NO FUN for YOU"

Thank God that yesterday K at work showed me a quick version of registering brides. FOUR of them today. I got 3 into the system.........of those 3 I got the scanners working in 2 of the cases........the third one, not so much. One couple opted to come back when a bridal consultant was there next Sat.

I know I shouldn't make snap judgements about whether or not I like or don't like doing something on the first day but....................I just don't enjoy doing this. I am not a shmoozer. I just am not. All the couples were VERY kind and understanding so it isn't that I had evil people, they were all great. I just enjoy setting sales, stock work and price changes more.:shrug:

New schedule the week of Memorial Day has me working in China 4 days and one day in housewares...........oh joy.

I keep forgetting to post this, but there is a guy who waliks thru the store once in awhile who is a dead ringer for Adam.......I did a double take the other day..........

Happy girl here. You tube has Macgyver episode :D Hadsucha crush on Richard Dean Anderson *pitterpat goes the heart ~ swoon*

sounds fun Kelly! :drool:

Shari I'm glad your day wasn't too evil. I meant to post last night that I had to do that once at a dept store I worked for...I worked in the misses activewear dept selling nike shorts and swimwear and they just stuck me up there one night :crack: I had to tell them all I had zero idea what I was doing. I was also about 18 at the time so I think they knew before I spoke that I was clueless :der:!!! Next time they ask you to do that say thanks but not thanks! :tsk:

:crack: I'm watching a Vikings/Packers game from last Nov on NFL network. I swear if you could hear me you'd think I was watching a game that's being played right now. GB just scored TWO unanswered touchdowns, one was on an interception :angry: It's only the 2nd quarter. I can't remember who won this one, I think it was my Vikes. I'm holding out and not going to look it up.

:heart: football :heart:

My parents do not have NFL network at the house so when I move back I'm going to have to pay to get it since I'll get to live with them again :happy:

sounds fun Kelly! :drool:

Shari I'm glad your day wasn't too evil. I meant to post last night that I had to do that once at a dept store I worked for...I worked in the misses activewear dept selling nike shorts and swimwear and they just stuck me up there one night :crack: I had to tell them all I had zero idea what I was doing. I was also about 18 at the time so I think they knew before I spoke that I was clueless :der:!!! Next time they ask you to do that say thanks but not thanks! :tsk:

It isn't because they asked.............the new scheduling system TOLD me where to go (insert this smiley here::madwife: ). Bridal gal said I did just fine and so did her asst...............but I just don't enjoy it. On the next schedule it has told a 76 yr. old man who has issues ringing let alone working a computer, that he is working in China/Bridal by himself..........:tsk:
We are switching amongst ourselves if we can to get back *home*. Tomorrow the computer scheduled no regular hswrs person and there is a sale to set .................I am off tomorrow :yippie: but at the same time feel like I have deserted sale set up.

So now we have more news on Brett. Apparently the man who said no to surgery might be saying yes to surgery and then if all goes well he may sign with the Vikings. Alrighty. How badly does he want to stick it to the Packers? I can't even imagine the crowd response to Favre as he runs out of a tunnel in a purple Vikings jersey. Wave goodbye to the legacy.

Here's TODAY's (5/18) news from the St. Paul Pioneer Press:

Free-agent quarterback Brett Favre is scheduled to meet Tuesday with noted orthopedist James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., about surgery to repair a partially torn biceps tendon in his right shoulder, the Pioneer Press has learned.
Surgery to release the tendon is considered routine and is expected to be performed by Andrews later this week. Rehabilitation for Favre would be six to eight weeks.
If it goes well, Farve, who will turn 40 in October, is expected to sign with the Minnesota Vikings.
Favre missed a scheduled appointment with Andrews last week.
The torn biceps tendon is one of several sources of pain in Favre's shoulder, but could be the most correctable. If cutting the biceps tendon doesn't eliminate the pain, Favre would have to consider whether other more complex surgical procedures are worth undergoing. That could hinder chances of him signing with the Vikings.

CLICK to read the full Pioneer Press story

Here's FRIDAY'S (5/15) story in on ESPN.com:

Quarterback Brett Favre consulted renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews regarding options for healing the partially torn biceps tendon in his throwing shoulder this week, according to a source.
The development further indicates Favre's willingness to consider coming out of retirement to sign with the Minnesota Vikings, particularly if there is a nonsurgical solution to his damaged shoulder.
The source said Andrews and Favre experimented with one of several exercises that could accelerate the process of the tendon releasing on its own. During an interview with ESPN in February, Favre mentioned that he had a partially torn biceps tendon in his left shoulder during his Green Bay Packers career and that the pain subsided once it completely tore naturally.
If that fails to produce the desired results, it remains uncertain whether Favre would endure even arthroscopic surgery to prolong his career to a 19th season. A source close to Favre described that as an option, but rehabilitation for a projected three to six weeks is unappealing to the quarterback, who will apparently require no therapy if the tendon can be forced to tear through the exercise regimen.
CLICK to read the full ESPN story

My question is; If the Pioneer Press is correct and Favre indeed DID miss his appointment with James Andrews last week then why did ESPN report, in such specific detail, about Favre's meeting with the doctor and his possible rehab.
If ESPN's report (by Chris Mortensen and Ed Werder) is correct, then why is the Pioneer press running at story that states Favre actually MISSED an appointment that he actually attended?

One more thing, and I'll ask this again, WHY won't Favre speak out in any way?

Brett's fanclub named Tony Kornheiser is apparently gone ............yay.

Rickie Weeks to Miss the Rest of the Season
AP: Milwaukee Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks will miss the rest of the season because of a tear in his left wrist.
Top Story

Milwaukee Police Looking for Serial Killer
Milwaukee Police believe there's a serial killer on the loose. In a news conference Monday afternoon, Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn and Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm announced that they are forming a task force to investigate the case.
More good news from my city :happy:

I have to leave for the airport in 4 hours and I'm completely awake. But that's no surprise since I usually don't even go to bed until about 3 am each night. I might just stay up. I did stay up later than normal last night and then set my alarm to get up early today so I would be a little on tired side tonight. I am but not enough to try to go to sleep yet. The sucky thing about my flight is I have a middle seat. I can guarantee that I'd fall asleep, full night sleep or not, so the people on either side are just going to have to deal with my snoring. :shrug: Usually I get a window so I can prop myelf up against that and sleep away. Oh well.....

see ya from MN!!! Can't wait to watch the local news and what they have to say about #4! :der:

Whatever I did yesterday caused 3 leg/ankle/knee cramps last night that led to the *fun* med so I could get comfy plus the use of a heating pad.
Groggy day ahead and it is mom's birthday

"It is not all that unusual for serial killers to take a holiday from killing" ~professor from college who studies serial killers
:crack:

It is 73 degrees here :up: and I have a *I took the fun meds* hangover

As I clean, I have TORNADO! with Bruce Campbell running on Netflix.........I like Bruce Campbell

KISS is going to be the final act on the main stage at Summerfest.......I know where my former boss is going

I'm am home :drool: I'm so tired I could probably sleeeep for days now. I have to be ready to go to see my grandpa in 2 1/2 hours so just enough time for a quick nap in a real bed! :D

"It is not all that unusual for serial killers to take a holiday from killing" ~professor from college who studies serial killers
:crack:

I read about this last night. They said it's been all prostitutes that have died. So I guess you're safe unless you are in that line of work :yikes:

KISS is going to be the final act on the main stage at Summerfest.......I know where my former boss is going

You mean you aren't going to get front row to see the "hottest band in the land?!?!?" :barf:

so far I have seen my grandpa and his cute little room at the nursing home, gone out with one of my school friends to Perkins (our late night after class hangout), got my haircut for the first time in 5 long months :hyper:, went to one of my lakes and saw the lilacs. My nose is plugged so hopefully with some drugs this week I'll be able to go back later on and smell them a little more than today. They were soooo gorgeous! The entire city is filled with them all over the place. :heart: I also dropped off my resume at a few places that took it but aren't hiring :(

Tonight I'm going with some friends to my favorite place on earth, Lake Calhoun :heart: I'm so happy to be here. I don't have any desire to go back to the desert :tsk: Tomorrow I'm dropping of actual portfolios complete with letters of recommendation, copies of certificates of continuing education, and pictures to a few places that I really want to work for so we'll see. Sounds like my sister and the bf are moving back sometime this summer so I need to find something asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom