Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ :hyper: how exciting! I :heart: the Cliffs. I have an 8 x 10 pic I took while I was there and it's one of the few items I brought with me to Phx.

One of my friends has never been to Europe before. Last night he put on his facebook page that he wants to go to Ireland and England. I told him to let me know when we leave! :drool: He said next summer :love: Now I just need to find a job in MN to save :happy:

I'd love to see your picture of the Cliffs! Loved seeing Kelly's of the Rock of Cashel last summer.

There was a flyer on the wall at the pub yesterday that there is a tour of Scotland with Hogeye Navvy, but it's this coming August. Will have to wait a while for Scotland and England, I guess. I can't tell you how excited I am about our upcoming trip. I probably won't be able to sleep the night before we leave, so I hope to get some sleep on the plane. We land in Shannon at 5:45 a.m. their time, so it will be a long day!

I will be living vicariously thru you, MsPurrl! That just sounds marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: I will want to see your pics :yes:

so...:crack:.....I forgot how easily addicted I can become to Bruce Dickinson's voice. The Iron Maiden movie on VH1 last night was awesome. I wish they would have toured someplace where I could have seen them. Basically it was a blast from the past tour where they only played songs from the early to mid 80's. They said in the movie that it wasn't a greatest hits tour but more like a little christmas present to their younger fans who weren't born back in the day, which there are now several of since older metal is having some sort of rebirth. They wanted to give them a chance to see what an Iron Maiden concert was like back then. So they did like 24 shows in just a few months with all of their gear, tour roadies, and band members on the same plane with none other than Captain Bruce Dickinson flying the plane :heart: (yes he's a real life airline pilot captain). One scene you'd see him in his cute little flight suit and the next he would be freaking out on stage. I :heart: him.

So ever since last night I've been youtubing anything I can find. Outside of one Maiden album on my ipod, all of my Maiden and Bruce's solo stuff is at my parents house :scream: I wonder if my dad will go digging in boxes for me and bring the stuff when he comes out in a few weeks to drive back our moving truck.

Guys named Bruce got it goin' on :wink:

Today was INSANE!
Food, wash face, crawl into bed, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz are the plans tonight
An old neighbor and his wife were in today as was a gal who used to work with us but transferred to a Madison store (why did she transfer? She was elected state treasurer........she still works for our company, bless her heart) ~ Those were the 2 highlights of the day

Report: Favre had surgery
By Lori Nickel of the Journal Sentinel
Jun. 7, 2009 5:19 p.m. | ESPN.com is reporting that Brett Favre had arthoscopic surgery on his shoulder to pave the way for his return to the NFL for a 19th season in 2009.

The website said Favre had the surgery last month on the partially torn biceps tenton but that "Favre remains unable to make a commitment because subsequent throwing sessions indicate the shoulder is not yet 100 percent."

ESPN also reports that Favre "has thrown on a limited basis since the surgery, which occurred last month, but has not felt close to 100 percent and would not come back unless he makes significant progress."

It looks like Favre tried the non-surgical methods to correct the shoulder and when that didn't work he went with the surgery with Dr. James Andrews. This step was probably absolutely necessary for Favre's return to the NFL. The Minnesota Vikings have expressed interest in Favre.
I had a feeling he did something since he all but vanished from the news around here.
Get ready to see him in purple, perfect timing with the dumping of the jersey :yes:

Just saw a preview of Public Enemies on tv.....................they showed in a quick clip the Milwaukee Historical Society bank vault that I stood in :cool: I want to see that movie.............I don't think any friends will want to see it though :(
Gotta say Johnny Depp looks darn good :drool:

I had a feeling he did something since he all but vanished from the news around here.
Get ready to see him in purple, perfect timing with the dumping of the jersey :yes:

I knew it! I was wondering why nothing had been talked about lately. I'm still so back and forth about the whole thing. But lately I think I'm more along the lines of stay retired or pick a team other than your former team's biggest enemy! :mad:

I wish he would stay retired. One of my pet peeves is sports stars/musicians who retire, then comeback, then retire again, then stage the reunion tour, then retire once more, the stage the final concert, then retire forgoodthistimetheyreallymeanit, then try out with other teams, then retire, then try a different sport (Michael Jordan), retire, then have the comeback concert . . . etc.

11551614974a0906a50aedd.gif

I enjoy that a little too much :angel:

Tornado Warning today while at work.
How thoughtful of Mother Nature to help celebrate the 1 yr anniversary of the previous *at work* Tornado Warning :cute:

Off for the next 2 days. I need them.

The Kids Know The Real Brett Favre | Newsradio 620 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Talk, Sports, Weather | Bill Michaels
A child's perspective^
It was interesting reading the comments.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Packers eventually retire his #. Will time heal all wounds or will a heal get roundly booed. He is just ruining EVERYTHING for himself here in WI.

yeah and he's not even a Viking....yet :eek: Imagine what Lambeau is going to be like when Purple #4 walks in. I think they're gonna need some heavy security that day.

so tonight I cut off half of a finger nail. Blood everywhere :happy: Great way to start your workday. Oh and it's the same finger I sprained a few months ago :up: Typing is certainly fun. It doesn't hurt like I thought it would. More annoying than anything.

I go through Bruce Dickinson/Iron Maiden phases. I usually take a break from U2 with them. I listened to them a few weeks ago on the plane since I only have their stuff on my ipod. But....I discovered all of Bruce's solo stuff on youtube. I have it all on cd at home :( So I've already been in a Maiden mood the last few weeks but Saturday night's concert on VH1 totally sucked me back in. :heart: I'm definitely buying the cd tomorrow when it comes out. I love this man. I don't really care if he's with Maiden or solo. His voice is just amazing. Plus I've always been into English lit stuff, which is why I majored in, and all of his solo stuff (and some of the band too) is very medieval so it's makes it even more appealing. :heart::heart::heart:

so tonight I cut off half of a finger nail. Blood everywhere :happy: Great way to start your workday. Oh and it's the same finger I sprained a few months ago :up: Typing is certainly fun. It doesn't hurt like I thought it would. More annoying than anything.

ouch! You did that at the start of the day? The day had to get better from there..................

Enjoy the new CD :)

Just finished raking yard clippings ~ 65 degrees and sunny is perfect for that.
Next up, Borders and then dinner with some co-workers

I am watching Red Sox/Yankees on mlb.com gameday, and talking to one of my old skating kids (old as in, she was my skating kid 10 years ago, now she's a cool young lady) about hanging out in Atlanta in the fall. I loves the internets!

I'm back from my trip for work to SF and I am still exhausted. It was a really great trip work-wise and relaxation-wise. The best part is that I really do feel that I have honestly found what l love to do and the path I want to continue to follow. The days were mostly filled with training and meetings but everyone was great. We had the chance to see the Corp office building and all I can say is :drool:. Then one day we went to see the other studio and a shoot when we were surprised to find out after the tour of the building that we were going to have our own shoot in which we were model and photographer. After work we did some of the basic tourist things, food and shopping. The hotel we stayed in was the perfect location and probably the nicest I've stayed in outside of The Peabody in Memphis. It was nice to walk in the door with noone to bother me and just relax....I honestly had the best sleep the entire time I was there than I've had in a year.

Now it's full steam ahead and being crazy busy until Fall when I'll be able to enjoy some down time or time off again. I was supposed to have next week off but that was canceled since that is when everything is set to really get started. :(

Sorry for rambling...

ARW

We went to the hotel restaurant/bar for drinks and dessert after splitting up to do some shopping the last night we were there and I thought of you when they set our plates down it looked so perfect and cool. I didn't take my camera down with me or I would have taken a picture. I got a duo of chocolat that was a chocolate mousse and a chocolate soup. :drool: Had a strawberry cocktail with it which was also :drool:.

ARW

We went to the hotel restaurant/bar for drinks and dessert after splitting up to do some shopping the last night we were there and I thought of you when they set our plates down it looked so perfect and cool. I didn't take my camera down with me or I would have taken a picture. I got a duo of chocolat that was a chocolate mousse and a chocolate soup. :drool: Had a strawberry cocktail with it which was also :drool:.

:love: eveyone thinks of me when they eat dessert! :flirt:

send me pics of your trip!

oh did I have a crappy night! :angry: Long story and I can't type with my lovely injured finger plus I'm on beer #3 and I've only been home for 30 minutes :yikes: so I won't bore you with with details. But it sucked and I got into a huge fight with my boss. Let's just say I'm doing him a huge favor right now and it's not going as planned and he had the nerve to tell me I ASKED to do this! WTF :angry::doh:

and speaking of my injured finger....I told my mom tonight that I cut my finger nail off and she kept screaming and gagging and told me not to say the word nail again or she was going to throw up! :heart:

:fist:ohhhhh, and one more thing...:scream: :sad: Best Buy did not have my cd today! :madwife: I'm not surprised though. This store sucks. Since I've been here U2 has released Red Rocks on dvd and the new album and they didn't have either on the release date. I tracked down a BB employee who looked it up on the computer and he said it's on the truck for delivery on Thurs so to check back on Friday. :angry: This is live Iron Maiden we're talking about. They are the equivalent of U2 to me in heavy metal terms. I NEED this cd. If the other BB stores weren't so far away then I'd go to another one before work tomorrow. I have to go there since I have a coupon otherwise I'd check Target. But even Target isn't exactly on the way. One reason of a million why I miss home....Targets everywhere and MY BB store always has everything I want no matter how early I get there on release day. There's only a few bands that are special enough for me to freak out over a new cd.....really just U2, Iron Maiden, and Gaelic Storm....so I want it when it comes out, not 2 or 3 days later. :angry:

kariann :wave: Glad your work trip was a success and that you have found your career path :up:, I would like to see the pics too :yes:

oh did I have a crappy night! :angry: Long story and I can't type with my lovely injured finger plus I'm on beer #3 and I've only been home for 30 minutes :yikes: so I won't bore you with with details. But it sucked and I got into a huge fight with my boss. Let's just say I'm doing him a huge favor right now and it's not going as planned and he had the nerve to tell me I ASKED to do this! WTF :angry::doh:

and speaking of my injured finger....I told my mom tonight that I cut my finger nail off and she kept screaming and gagging and told me not to say the word nail again or she was going to throw up! :heart:

:yikes: sounds like a sucktastic day alright and no new Maiden to top it off :(

Nice night last night catching up with some former co-workers.
It felt really weird though without R being there.
Sam Adams Summer Ale and a chicken quesadilla :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom