Randooooooooom: July 10, 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

LittleGibsonGirl :cute:

My New Zealand accent was thicker than a piece of 2X4 :drool:. I have audio tapes of me with it and when I just can't get over it - I sound like a completely different person (puberty I would imagine had a hand in that also).

The Australian accent is something I have about 50% of for now. It slips off easily. When I was in SA for a month I lost it within 15 days... and was eaisly speaking fluent New Zealand again... :drool: :drool:

*sigh*

LittleGibsonGirl in better days and awful hair...

steph3.jpg

Isn't it funny how accents just come and go at will? I'm desperately trying to hold on to mine (and FORCING myself to speak in my SA accent when around Americans/Canadians) but it's difficult! You just become so used to a place that you start talking like its people.

Completely random, but I just found out that my grade five teacher is on Amazon.com! He was from New Zealand...I remember he taught us how to use those Maori poi balls one day.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...thor-exact=Vargie Johnson/104-3127890-8667154

Good ol' Mr. Johnson. :lol:

Queen Bee said:

:kiss:

Did I ever tell you that the day following the evil spider escapades I found 2 spiders on my bed? I had to sleep on the couch in the living room. :hyper:

See, karma DOES exist!

GibsonGirl said:

*sigh*

LittleGibsonGirl in better days and awful hair...

steph3.jpg

Isn't it funny how accents just come and go at will? I'm desperately trying to hold on to mine (and FORCING myself to speak in my SA accent when around Americans/Canadians) but it's difficult! You just become so used to a place that you start talking like its people.

Completely random, but I just found out that my grade five teacher is on Amazon.com! He was from New Zealand...I remember he taught us how to use those Maori poi balls one day.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...thor-exact=Vargie Johnson/104-3127890-8667154

Good ol' Mr. Johnson. :lol:

:hmm:

I :love: finding people from the past in way random places on the net. It's awesome. Always fun.

I used to really try hard to keep it... but most of my friends would just say "what are you playing at Tim?". This would anger me. It's also hard because my parents are both veterans of movement across the Tasman - so neither of them have a strong accent that I can converse well enough. And my sisters practically assimilated the moment we stepped off the prision ship. :sad:

Maori Poi Balls. I remember the ladies in our year doing that one year while we learnt how to do the shirtless Haka. :memories:

edit: LittleGibsonGirl :cute: X3. Thats an ace photo as well. :yes:

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:

Are you going to camp outside Chapters with fellow Potter aficionados? :hyper:

Probably. :reject: Harry has been my life since 1999. Speaking of which, do you want to see a hideous old website I made once upon a time? :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom