Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes, I will lety the typos stand as a explaination as to how the day went..............let's just say that the human race did not come off good todya..............I feel trsumatized :crack: and so do my co-workers..............
Dexter is my hero tonight.........it is NOT good when a serial killer is a hero ...........:reject:

I got quite a bit of cash and gift cards for my birthday and graduation last night. I also got some bath and body works stuff, baking books that are currently being shipped to me, some cute spatulas and a gigantic cupcake pan. I still have a few cards to open on Wed for my bday so I was completely satisfied with what I have and what I'm getting (I know there are apple gift cards in the envelopes). But today when I arrived I found the best thing EVER............from my little fuzzy girls, Roxy and Lily, was a congratulations Snoopy card and MURDER BY DEATH ON DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :hyper: :drool:

I mentioned to my sister a long time ago that I'd really like to have the movie on dvd but can never find it so if she's ever in need of an extra gift for me at a gift giving time and is stuck on something, she could always get the movie. I'm going to watch in on the big screen tv the next time I have a day off. :love:

IWasBored said:
aaaaaaaaah, randoooooooom.

someone reminded me of spaghettio guy a while ago, but i can't remember who. hell, it was probably me. i was hungry, so i went to cumbys and got a microwave meatball sandwich. except that i didn't microwave it, i ate it as it was :uhoh:

and my new partner at work says "super" ad nauseum. :crack:

:wave:

:wave:

Sadly, I just got here and it's time to go back to work:sad:

arw9797 said:
I got quite a bit of cash and gift cards for my birthday and graduation last night. I also got some bath and body works stuff, baking books that are currently being shipped to me, some cute spatulas and a gigantic cupcake pan. I still have a few cards to open on Wed for my bday so I was completely satisfied with what I have and what I'm getting (I know there are apple gift cards in the envelopes). But today when I arrived I found the best thing EVER............from my little fuzzy girls, Roxy and Lily, was a congratulations Snoopy card and MURDER BY DEATH ON DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :hyper: :drool:

I mentioned to my sister a long time ago that I'd really like to have the movie on dvd but can never find it so if she's ever in need of an extra gift for me at a gift giving time and is stuck on something, she could always get the movie. I'm going to watch in on the big screen tv the next time I have a day off. :love:
The fuzzy girls have good taste.....enjoy!

I absolutely love going to work each day. It's fun and challenging all at once. But today......I just want to stay in bed :sad: I worked almost the entire month of April with little time off and a lot of OT. I may have just been off for 3 days but that wasn't exactly a relaxing time. I'm so exhausted and just want to stay in bed all day. :sad: At least none of the supervisors will be in today. That always makes for a very relaxing time when they are all of on the same day :yes:

I just looked at your graduation pics...............
You look so happy! I love the one with you sitting and looking right at the camera holding up your diploma..........wonderful smile!

:huh: The hardest part about sharing computers with other Interlanders is remebering to log out.

anyhoo...

I was saying I have downloaded Nothing Compares 2 U in Hawaiian! :lol:

None of the other good songs on the Forgetting Sarah Marshall soundtrack are available for purchase, like Belle & Sebastian who are suddenly soundtrack staples, or Cake.

I am admiring the work of Stevie Ray Vaughan tonight (shuffle likes him)........I have but a few tunes on my iPod from him...........I have to get more.
May have to check out the Hawaiian version of Nothing Compares 2 U :lol:
ETA
REM is big on the shuffle setting too.

IWasBored said:
nothing compares to what?

more importantly, are there ukeleles? :hyper:

2 U!!! And of COURSE there are ukeleles!

True Story: I bought my brother a ukelele for Christmas and put a sticker that said YOOOUUUKKK on the case so it is a Yooouuukkkelele.

:drool: Logging on at work to say happy birthday to people :drool:

Amanda, I hope you're having a good one! Don't work too hard tonight and eat some cake! :D

Okay, logging out now...

Oh yes, it is gonna be a good day at work............I just had to use the dial your cell phone # from another phone to be able to find it method...........:crack:

Schmeg said:
:drool: Logging on at work to say happy birthday to people :drool:

Amanda, I hope you're having a good one! Don't work too hard tonight and eat some cake! :D

Okay, logging out now...

thanks.....I'm on my way to work. They do orientation in stages so today is class #4 :barf: Harassment in the workplace :| Three hours of fun, I'm sure. :rolleyes: I'll eat plenty of cake when I get to the pastry shop! :yes:

I don't like drama at work.
3 salaried positions bumped down to hourly today
1 manager position eliminated (happy I never took the job, otherwise I would be unemployed as of the 17th)
re-alignment of other mngrs coming up ~Friday announcement
Happy, happy, joy, joy :crack:

Plus at JC Penney's associates were picketing and hanging signs on the signs at the mall entrances that read something about corporate greed................what the hell happened at Penney's

last week we all worked our asses off for Passover. We had well over 1000 guests stay at the resort for 10 days at 3 meals a day each. The banquet servers (and there are countless of them) get to split the gratuity from the week. I've heard it's a ton of money each make. There are several captains in charge of the servers. One of them, who I have heard nothing but amazing things about, came up to a few of us today and handed each of us a crisp $20 bill and thanked us all for our hard work. He said he knows we don't get much of anything but OT $ so he wanted to let us know our hard work did not go unnoticed. He did not have to give us the cash; the compliment was more than enough because we really did work hard and servers treat us like crap when they come running into the kitchen and demand stuff. I know they are only treating us the way the guest probably treated them, but come on....we're all a team in this together. So it was really nice that someone said thank you to us. What's even better is he must have had to go to the bank to get the money because you don't normally get fresh crisp money at the cash machines. So it's nice that he took the time to think about us. I'm not sure how many people he gave money to but he must have received a huge amount if he's willing to pass it along.

I feel like I need to buy a little something special with the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom