Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tru Dat 'bout the shovelin :hmm:

sorry your summer only lasted a day. 60 degrees and the sun showed up here :up:

:heart: My Gaelic Storm concert on local PBS :heart:

My week off has come to an end. :sigh: CF had time off as well since she's in job transition so we decided to go to NYC for a few days. It will be awhile before she'll have the chance to go somewhere like that again with the changes. The part that sucked is that I ended up getting a cold and still have it. I'm even more in love with NY than I was before. When we left my dad asked if I would be coming back or not.

New York ~ I would love to go back some day. Glad you had a good time :)

I just peeked into the Math thread.........................*ran screaming from the thread* Math challenged here :crack:

Went to a local custard stand today to try pancakes and syrup custard ........................holy crap was it good :drool: That, my dear randooomers, was the highlight of the day............totally lazy for the rest of it............eating custard and being lazy are not a good mix :shifty:

Shari, we were at the Reds/Brewers game today. I'm really, REALLY sorry about GagMe- I mean, Gagne. :uhoh:

The Reds fans were taunting him in the bull pen...it was actually quite amusing.

On behalf of the state of WI and Brewer fans everywhere I accept your sympathy.
Serving up back to back homeruns :yippie: / sarcasm

Concert was good. I'm kicking myself for not going to the Tampa show though - I think that one was probably better (imho - Tampa setlist looked awesome, it had more of my personal favorites). I'm more of a "greatest hits" Springsteen fan :reject:. If I was as obsessed with Springsteen as I am with U2, I'm sure I would have been more impressed with all of the rare, older tunes :lol:. It was still good, but I didn't know quite a few of the songs. I posted a little more in the Springsteen thread.

The band seemed to be in a really good mood, so I think they got out a lot of the sadness at the previous show.

Clarence is just the coolest dude ever :). There was a roar from the crowd every time he had a sax solo - awesome :)

I need sleep though. For some reason, I had bad heartburn after the show once I got back to the hotel (must have been the three excedrins I took :reject: ), so I didn't really get to sleep until 3 a.m., and then I got lost in downtown Orlando this morning trying to get home :reject:

today is day 9 of my 10-12 hour shifts. I'm soooooooo ready to be done! Everyone else has 3-4 more days of it left before they get a break. I feel really bad for my team that I'm leaving them at the end of all of this but I have to go. I ended up getting a full day off on Friday, which pisses me off to no end because I could have booked an early morning flight. I was told I needed to work until noon so I booked a flight on an airline that only flies to MSP once a day. I land at 10 pm MSP time tomorrow night :happy: :wasteofday: Oh well.......at least I won't be at work :drool:

kelly ~ Glad the concert was good. I do not know Bruuuuce's songs like I know U2 songs, but I fell in love with the "unknowns" at my concert..............and as a result for the most part it has been "all Bruce all the time" lately............except for when the evil co-workers chant the B-52's Rock Lobster at me.........makes me wanna :lol: and :banghead: all at the same time.
Agree about Clarence. Same crowd thing happened here. Sorry about the heartburn :hug:

Hey arw :wave: was wondering how things were going with you. Yay for surviving it! Have a safe flight home and maybe you can catch some of the Spring storms we are getting tomorrow :up: . Inhale deeply too. I can smell the flowering trees around here when I do that....................heaven :drool:

yes this is the graduation trip home! I will be home for all of about 36 hours :happy: but it's better than nothing! It's going to be rainy and cool all weekend :drool: :heart: spring rain :heart:

I feel weird not working today. In the last 3 weeks I've only had 2 days off. In the past week, I've worked at least 10 hours a day, sometimes 12. One day it was 13. :crack: I looked at my hours on the timeclock last night because the pay period ended yesterday. I worked a grand total of 115 hours this pay period. I'll get time and a half on 35 of those hours :hyper: It will be about an extra 1/2 of one normal paycheck......all of it's going into my savings, along with the tax check I'll get next month, to put towards my new computer :drool:

arw9797 said:
yes this is the graduation trip home! I will be home for all of about 36 hours :happy: but it's better than nothing!

I love 36 hours back in the old home state! :happy: It's better than 27! Someday I would like to actually be home long enough to go to Providence AND Newport. Problem is, whenever I go home, it's like I'm on break from school again, and I just relax so much I spend half the time asleep on the couch. I used to spend the first 2 or 3 days home from school asleep on various floors or pieces of furniture or under Christmas trees, and now that house has that same "AAAAAAaaaaahhhhhh" [insert sound of deep relaxation] vibe to it again.

This was the longest week ever at work for some reason and I'm SO glad it's Friday! I had the same fight with the same guy 3 times and this whole afternoon I panicked every time my phone rang. He didn't call, and now we have dinner plans, and we're going to the Cubs/Nationals game in DC Sunday, and life is good!

aaaaaaaaah, randoooooooom.

someone reminded me of spaghettio guy a while ago, but i can't remember who. hell, it was probably me. i was hungry, so i went to cumbys and got a microwave meatball sandwich. except that i didn't microwave it, i ate it as it was :uhoh:

and my new partner at work says "super" ad nauseum. :crack:

:wave:

arw, Enjoy the Spring rain...........Hope your flight went smoothly with all the weather going on. Early congrats on the Graduation! :applaud:
Schmeg, your weekend sounds :cool:
IWB ~ :wave:

Lost power at work tonight during one of the storms ( it came backup a minute later, though). The fix it guys just got the air working this afternoon..............ya wanna know what happens when ya lose power? Ya lose the newly fixed air.................When 7:45 rolled around I ska-daddled out the door to find fresh air *hot, sweaty, mess*

Snow flurries on Sunday/Monday :happy:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's currently 35 degrees out! :lmao:

I know it's only been a little over 2 months but it's very strange to be here. It's even more strange to be using a desktop. I forgot how to use a mouse! :der:

I have TONS and TONS of mail :barf: My bills are all paid online so most anything else is junk mail. Anything from school or my loan company is stuff my mom reads to me and we decide if she needs to send it to me in AZ or not. I have my transcript from school and it says at the bottom "degree awarded, highest honors" :sad: :faint:

My Chef coat I have to wear tomorrow is so big compared to the one at work. I'm swimming in it. I'll never wear it again so it'll be good enough for the day.

Too weird typing on this computer :crack: I'm so excited to be in front of iTunes again. I made a ton of mixes before I left but it just wasn't enough. Some of them I purposely just titled "mix 1" and so on just so it would be a nice surprise to see what goodies I put on them. But now I need fresh stuff. My dad just decided it would be perfectly ok for him to borrow my speakers and not give them back to me before I came home so now I'll have to beg for them tomorrow morning.

My room has been snooped through. I can tell.....it's the same yet different.

In other news....it's going to be so weird not sleeping with my little Lily. Both she and the dog knew I was leaving so they were giving me the cold shoulder today, especially the cat. She'll get over it.

my mom told me I was tan :huh:

I have envelopes from my mom marked "do not open until April 30th..." :cute:

There's a huge box upstairs from a culinary store that I like. AZ has it too so I shop there to get the professional discount. I can't wait to open stuff :drool:

:hmm: what else......

:ohmy: I received a check from LE for $95 as my 2007 bonus. They must have terminated me in the system after the bonuses went out because I'm pretty sure only active employees get this. But that's typical of the managers there. It's probably the only place I've worked where they actually look after you. :heart: more computer money :heart:

As excited as I am for tomorrow, I don't want to go to bed because that will mean one night my bed will be gone and I'll only have one left. I'm so excited to sleep in a real bed again. At my AZ home I have to sleep on a pull out couch with 2 mattress pads on it. There are some nights were I can still feel the bar from the frame in my back :happy:

weird flashbacks of a few months ago.....it's freezing in my room and I'm wearing my winter pj's that I haven't even thought about since I left.

My friend from school just texted me to ask if I wanted her to drive tomorrow or if I was going to. :der: I have no car in MSP!

time to burn cd's......

IWasBored said:
aaaaaaaaah, randoooooooom.

someone reminded me of spaghettio guy a while ago, but i can't remember who. hell, it was probably me. i was hungry, so i went to cumbys and got a microwave meatball sandwich. except that i didn't microwave it, i ate it as it was :uhoh:

and my new partner at work says "super" ad nauseum. :crack:

:wave:

IWBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!! I was thinking about you the other day!

:heart:cumby's:heart:

Is your partner;s name Kim by any chance? Like my old store manager who said super ad naueum?

How's life? How 'bout them Red Sox?!

Now she probably won't come back for another year. :sigh:

well after 24 hours home, an afternoon with my friends and Chefs from school, an evening with my family and friends at my parents, and then a quick pint at my favorite pub with my friends.......I have to admit I do not want to go back. This is home. I really enjoy my job but it's not home. I have to look at my situation as temporary and that eventually I'll come back. It's only been 2 months. I have 10 more to go to reach a year before I can decide. :sigh:

My friend that was supposed to come visit me next month when my sister goes away backed out on me. I'm so pissed because now the flight I wanted to take is almost $100 more. There's other airlines I could take but it wouldn't be either of my 2 that I have miles with so I won't be accumulating anything towards a free trip. Plus now that means less money in my savings even though I did save up for this week off. I do want to spend more than 40 hours at home. I'll be here for sure for a week in August but then who knows. I think coming back every few months is what will help get me through being away. I do like living in the desert and being on my own away from the parents, which will be something I can't do financially if I move back here, but I miss it here more than I like the desert. :sad: I'm glad that I at least got to see everyone all in one day.

Schmeg said:

IWBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!! I was thinking about you the other day!

:heart:cumby's:heart:

Is your partner;s name Kim by any chance? Like my old store manager who said super ad naueum?

How's life? How 'bout them Red Sox?!

Now she probably won't come back for another year. :sigh:

yes, how bout them sox :drool:

her name isn't kim, i forget what her first name actually is. :der: i call her by her last name or don't call her anything at all. i've only worked a couple shifts with her, i keep changing my schedule so i don't have to work with her. it's not because she's new, i was brand new last year. and in the bigger picture, i still am brand new at this emt thing. it's not because she doesn't know her way around the city. when i started working here you could have put me in a box in the hospital parking lot and i wouldn't have been able to find the ER. it's her incredibly irritating personality. i really don't need to hear about how your ex the cop almost killed you, or how you bought a giant box of condoms from cosco for your 15 year old son. :crack:

it's looking like i'll be a paramedic by this time next year. i took the firefighter civil service exam, we'll see if a department will take me. i think i've figured out what i want to do with my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom