Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^oh by the way, give me back Tom Crean. Thanks to him I followed Marquette Basketball more than I ever followed basketball ~which is to say not a lot. He is a good guy. I work with some people who are really not happy with him leaving. Indiana :madwife:
*pouts*

Explaination of dislike of basketball:
My birthday always fell during playoff season in the high schools. Family would come over and "celebrate" my birthday by watching high school b-ball tourneys on tv. Par-tay! :|

Last edited:
is this being a huge crybaby.....

My sister and her boyfriend want to go on a trip for a week in June. I'm not thrilled with the idea of staying here completely alone. It's not just that I'll be all alone all day every day after work and my weekend but it's the fact that it sort of freaks me out that what if my car broke down or I had an emergency. I wouldn't have anyone to call. It's not like I'd have to be here to watch the animals since they used to go out of town all the time and have plenty of people to come over. So I think I want to go home. Not for the whole time. Since my weekend can be anytime during the week I thought I'd ask for Wed & Thursday off as my weekend for that week and since our schedules start over on Fridays, I'd take Friday and Sat off. They're planning on being gone Monday through Saturday so I'd only be here a few days alone.

Tickets home that week are in the mid $200's where it generally is and I do have some extra money I saved just in case I was going to be unemployed.........so..........

I just think my sister is going to be mad for some reason if I decide to go because then she'll have to find an animal-sitter. Plus I think her boyfriend thinks I'm a big baby about staying here alone.

shari schultz said:

Ya know I can't say I heard a lovefest about him this morning on the radio. Far from it. :happy:

He's sooo awesome. What a fierce closer. If I was facing him at the bottom of the 9th with 2 men on and 2 outs, I would just wait until he hangs that fastball as he always does. :happy:

I don't really follow the whole college basketball thing, so you can have Tom Crean back!

arw9797 said:
is this being a huge crybaby.....

My sister and her boyfriend want to go on a trip for a week in June. I'm not thrilled with the idea of staying here completely alone. It's not just that I'll be all alone all day every day after work and my weekend but it's the fact that it sort of freaks me out that what if my car broke down or I had an emergency. I wouldn't have anyone to call. It's not like I'd have to be here to watch the animals since they used to go out of town all the time and have plenty of people to come over. So I think I want to go home. Not for the whole time. Since my weekend can be anytime during the week I thought I'd ask for Wed & Thursday off as my weekend for that week and since our schedules start over on Fridays, I'd take Friday and Sat off. They're planning on being gone Monday through Saturday so I'd only be here a few days alone.

Tickets home that week are in the mid $200's where it generally is and I do have some extra money I saved just in case I was going to be unemployed.........so..........

I just think my sister is going to be mad for some reason if I decide to go because then she'll have to find an animal-sitter. Plus I think her boyfriend thinks I'm a big baby about staying here alone.
Don't know if it is being a crybaby...........I think I would call it more of not being fully comfortable with new surroundings :shrug: Do you have AAA in case of car emergency? Could you call one of your sisters friends down there in case of emergency?

Schmeg said:

He's sooo awesome. What a fierce closer. If I was facing him at the bottom of the 9th with 2 men on and 2 outs, I would just wait until he hangs that fastball as he always does. :happy:
Oh joy :|
Radio announcers are saying, "don't panic"

shari schultz said:

Oh joy :|
Radio announcers are saying, "don't panic"

:lol:

I'm sorry. Really I am. I'd only wish him on Yankees Nation. I think he only gave up 1 run at the White Sox game we went to last August...And I guess he was really good when he pitched for the Dodgers. He does have a World Series Ring...even if they didn't let him pitch a single inning, if I recall correctly...

shari schultz said:

Don't know if it is being a crybaby...........I think I would call it more of not being fully comfortable with new surroundings :shrug: Do you have AAA in case of car emergency? Could you call one of your sisters friends down there in case of emergency?

I don't have AAA and yeah I could get the #'s of her friends or even a few people at my work. But I don't want to be all alone at home for 5-7 days.

A friend from home is thinking about coming out that week but if not then I'll go home. My mom is more than thrilled with the idea that I want to come home for a few days in June because otherwise I won't be home until August. I have the money and the time off and I think by June I'll need a break at home anyways. I'm just scared to tell my sister. I think she's going to make a big deal about nothing.

speaking of baseball...........this saddens me:

the Diamondbacks are in a different division or whatever it is than the Twins :sad: My sister can get free tickets to work for basically any game so the other night we looked to see when they play the Twins in AZ and they do not. :sad: I don't follow baseball even close to the way I follow my Vikings but I'd still love to go to a game here if the Twins played. We'll still go to see some games but I'm disappointed it won't be against my hometown team :(

Schmeg said:

:lol:

I'm sorry. Really I am. I'd only wish him on Yankees Nation. I think he only gave up 1 run at the White Sox game we went to last August...And I guess he was really good when he pitched for the Dodgers. He does have a World Series Ring...even if they didn't let him pitch a single inning, if I recall correctly...

Some random quotes~
1. "Gagne sputtered a little," Yost said. "But things like that happen."

No one got to hear what Gagne had to say about it because the seven-year veteran left the clubhouse before any reporters could catch him.

2. Gagne was bothered by the muddiness of the mounds in the bullpen and game. While warming up in the bullpen, he had someone come out and throw Diamond Dry on the mound to give him better traction.

While he was in the game, he kept clicking his heels (ETA: there is no place like home, there is no place like home, no place like home)to knock the mud loose from his cleats, something Kendall and bullpen coach Billy Castro noticed.

"It looked like he couldn't get his footing," Castro said. "He was throwing pretty good in the bullpen, but he couldn't get his footing down there."

3. None of the players seemed worried about that, though. Turnbow, who acknowledged that he knew what Gagne's struggles were like, said it just was unfortunate that Gagne's first blown save happened in his Brewers debut.

And if any of the coaches had real concerns about Gagne's outing, they didn't show it.

"I don't put much stock in the first game," Castro said. "Anybody can have a bad game. He just happened to have it in his first one.

"He'll be fine."

I had kind of drifted away from baseball but for some reason it is singing to me this year.....................I watched the game this afternoon. We are still undefeated :D

I don't know if I am developing a real interest in it again or if I am just really looking forward to the "season" ~ summer, warm/hot weather :shrug: Time will tell.

arw, maybe play up the scared to be alone part when you talk to your sister, or maybe offer to help pay for boarding of the pets/animal sitters/food for the animals if that's possible?

I've gone to one baseball game (Devil Rays) when I took the seniors there on a field trips. I was bored out of my skull :reject:

Football I love. Soccer and hockey are boring on tv, but interesting in person. Baseball, sorry, boring both ways to me :reject: I'm always thinking, "Oh just hit the ball already!" :lol:

i talked to her tonight. of course she acted like I was being a big baby about it. One of her friends at work is basically a dog sitter on the side anyways. She's always watching an animal plus they have another friend that has stayed here for the week while they've been out of town. Whatever....if my friend can't come out then I'm going home and not just because I don't want to be here alone for a week but because i'm not dealing with being away from my life in MN too well lately so I think having options to go home this summer more than once will help.

in other fun arw news........my Chef called me at home tonight to ask (tell) me about a charity event tomorrow night he wants me to work AFTER my regular shift. So basically he scheduled me from 6 am to 9 pm tomorrow :happy: on the plus side, I'll get time and a half after 2:30.

I just want to crawl back into bed and sleeep. Coughing jags in the middle of the night suck.
Gotta get ready for work :sigh:

arw9797 said:
i talked to her tonight. of course she acted like I was being a big baby about it. One of her friends at work is basically a dog sitter on the side anyways. She's always watching an animal plus they have another friend that has stayed here for the week while they've been out of town. Whatever....if my friend can't come out then I'm going home and not just because I don't want to be here alone for a week but because i'm not dealing with being away from my life in MN too well lately so I think having options to go home this summer more than once will help.

in other fun arw news........my Chef called me at home tonight to ask (tell) me about a charity event tomorrow night he wants me to work AFTER my regular shift. So basically he scheduled me from 6 am to 9 pm tomorrow :happy: on the plus side, I'll get time and a half after 2:30.

If you really want to go home for a few days while they are gone then I would go especially if you would have to wait until August otherwise. As much as I am itching to move away I know I would still want to come back here every few months with my family still here.

Long days are hard but the time and a half is wonderful! When we've been slammed and worked long days it doesn't seem that bad since it's something I enjoy doing. The longest I've done is 9 to 9 though.

We had free tickets to the opening game for our AAA baseball team tonight but considering it was raining and cool out I decided not to go. During my baseball days I always preferred MLB vs AAA. My interest in the game has dwindled some in the last couple of years.

I just got home. I had a nice 15 hour and 15 minute day at work. I did get a free bottle of wine out of it. The event was actually really fun and I have tomorrow off since I did a double today :love:

YAY for free wine and a day off :yippie:

Watched the movie Once this morning..........addicted to it and the music ~ soooooooooo good!

Need stuff from Walgreens and gonna use my gift card from Barnes and Noble to purchase Once.........excting day off, huh? I then plan on losing myself in the movie and the special features for the rest of the day.

I'm still in bed. What a lazy ass. But truth be told.......I would have rather gone to work and a had a day off next week instead. I have nothing to do today. I also have all of Sunday off but my sister and her boyfriend are going away tomorrow until Sunday so I basically have a weekend of nothingness by myself other than 8 hours of work tomorrow morning.

We were supposed to start the spring Kickball season today but it was canceled for standing water on the field. :angry: I was really excited, now I'm bummed!

This happened last year, too...the first two games were cancelled because the weather decided to go back to "mid-winter deep freeze" instead of spring so the spring playoffs happened the week after the summer opener.

:heart: kickball :heart:

I have become obsessed with a shoe I found on the JC Penny clearence rack last night. It was a cute little ballet flat with green, brown, and pink flowers and it would have matched like all my clothes. Unfortunately the poor one sales girl onat 8:30 on a Friday night couldn't find the mate. Now I can't find them on JC Penny.com or zappos.com and my computer is currently refusing to open piperlime.com (sorry, Karen!). I might have to go back over to the Castleton mall on a Saturday (eek!!!) and find them so I can at least get the designer name...which I should have last night but they led me to these gorgeous gold sandals that were perfect for a dress I'd bought, and then I looked around a little and found them in black which were perfect with ANOTHER dress I'd bought, so i got them both.

Okay, I got Piperlime to work...maybe I'll find them!

Kerry and I saw "Avenue Q" today at the performing arts center.

Puppet sex is both hilarious and disturbing :shifty:

I also got Pearl Jam tickets for June. I didn't even know they were touring again, just happened to see Pop Artist mention it in the Bang and the Clatter thread.

Last edited:
so did you find the other shoe, schmeg?
Avenue Q sounds like it is a hoot..........they had some of the puppets on the cake decorating program on the food channel.

I just went over to Backstreets to check out how tickets for the Harley Fest sold................the site crashed this morning and now tickets won't go on sale until Monday the 14th.
Any big concert associated with Harley seems to be cursed........poor Harley Davidson :(
One of the posts:
Anyone that thinks Bruce & ESB will "only" draw 20,000 is pretty naive. Milwaukeans love their festivals - they have them all summer long - add in the thousands and thousands of outsiders coming for this event and they'll draw 50,000 by accident.
Ya know, I gotta agree......I was a first hand witness at the last Harley event...........

5 people handling the ticket sales thru Budco for the Bruce/Harley thing ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this.

^ yeah, impressive. You think Harley would have learned from the last debacle :shrug:

I work until 10:30 tonight :| I am off for the next 2 days, though :up: Things are just so tense in my dept. that I am not looking forward to going. 10 minutes till I leave :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom