Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The employee who turned in his notice because of his problems with workman's comp turned in his notice again today :|

I'm done helping.

Great timing too. We just relocated our program because our center is undergoing renovation for 8 months. So it's not like this is already a very stressful time or anything. Nope, not at all :rolleyes:

All I care about is that I get to go to Ireland.

^ Unreal. Same reason as before?
I think you should have a countdown to Ireland calendar and cross off the days :up:

:sad: my sister's laptop broke last night :scream: So that means I won't have internet access too often. Her boyfriends laptop isn't set up for wireless so I have to use it in the extra bedroom where we have the internet plugged in. The only way into that room is to go through their room :| So when he's home sleeping, I can't get online. Plus he takes his computer to work with him to watch movies. He was nice enough to leave it tonight but I'm sure he won't leave it every night. It's getting shipped out in a few days and it won't be back for up to 2 weeks.....when we're all on our vacations. :mad: I hate not having internet access. :sad:

this sucks....I've been to all of my sites and have done anything I need to do, like pay bills and check my bank balance. I really don't have any reason to be online plus I'm starving but I feel like I need to sit here all night because I don't know when the next time will be that I can get online :der: :reject: :mad:

shari schultz said:
^ Unreal. Same reason as before?
I think you should have a countdown to Ireland calendar and cross off the days :up:

He says it's to spend more time with his grandson (which is fine, but I still think it's the back/leg thing).

Today sucked more than yesterday. I'm mentally exhausted :|

Arw, sorry about the internet situation :hug:

arw9797 said:
ok so I just did some research on the movie.....I KNEW there were deleted scenes! :madwife: I guess there's 4 of them that aired when the movie was first shown on TV but were then taken out again. They're not on the dvd :grumpy: Anyways one of the scenes is at the end and it's with Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson. So :nerd: off to youtube I went and all 4 are there! I only watched the Sherlock one and it's exactly as I remember it. I think I even got into an argument with someone when I was in high school over the existence of that scene and at the time I was proven wrong! :mad:

:drool: holmes...watson... :drool:

what movies were you watching? :hyper: i suppose i could scroll back and read :dork:

shari schultz said:
There is a gas station here selling gas for $4.00 a gallon
holy crap.

:sad: $3.95 a gallon here. I'm going to have air put in the tires on my bike, and I'm going to buy a bike lock, and I'm going to leave my car in the garage whenever possible. If I didn't have to ride through questionable neighborhoods, you bet I'd get up a little earlier and ride 7 miles to work.

IWasBored said:

:drool: holmes...watson... :drool:

what movies were you watching? :hyper: i suppose i could scroll back and read :dork:
Murder By Death :heart: Touch Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, BTW.

:drool: he left the computer again tonight. It was so hard being home until 1:30 today and not be online. I can check my email on my phone but it's the blue crack that I need....

so :loser: I was left alone in the pastry shop tonight after 9 pm. No biggie except I had to decorate a 1/2 sheet birthday cake by myself. It turned out nice and I'm really happy with the final product but I stressed myself out about it to the point that I was shaking. The cake board is a mess and I didn't know how to fix it. Also the writing looks bad but I did it on a big piece of chocolate that can be taken off and redone if my Chef doesn't like it tomorrow. But I'm really embarassed by the cake board and that I couldn't fix it so I had a little melt down on my way to the car, which then stressed me out even more about it that I let myself get so upset so now I'm just a complete mess. I'm sure no one will even mention it to me and if they do whatever. My Chef is a toughie but he's not in any way mean so I know he won't be pissed off at me about it tomorrow. If he does mention it, it will be ways to correct it the next time. But I'm still upset at how the stupid cardboard looks. I can't believe a piece of cardboard brought on tears.

I should add that this cake wasn't the typical birthday cake we're used to....it had mousse, ganache, chocolate curls, and berries. No frosting or roses used in our shop! :tsk: Not at all what I'm used to from school.

I think I have both Saturday and Sunday off this weekend. On 1 hand it's good because I have never had a full weekend off but on the other hand that would mean I'll have to work 9 days straight without a day off until I leave for MN. But....having a full weekend off would mean that I could possibly, FINALLY, get to Joshua Tree this weekend. I want to go so bad and if I don't go soon it will be too hot to go until Fall. I just want a day trip with the dog in the back and U2 blasting on my speakers. It's either JT or Lake Havasu. I'll be happy with either but I've been dreaming about JT for such a long time now.

I'm still so upset about that cake. It's not a big deal at all, really, but I know I'm going to stress about it until I get to work again tomorrow. :sad: :scream:

Just thought I'd say hi before I go to bed :wave:

Gas is $1.34 a litre here - I think that works out to $5.16 a gallon

:censored:

Work has been busy (still) but the good news is that some new people have been hired :dance:

I work tonight and then I'm off for 4 days - it's a holiday weekend up here.

ARW - that cakes sounds delish :drool:

Belated b'day wishes to my FWB :hug:

Murder By Death :up:

Nighty night :wave:

tornado siren testing :crack: even the tests are un-nerving :crack: but thank God for them.

Hey fah, your gas price is also :crack: Happy holiday :)
You watched Murder By Death :up: good stuff

Anthony Bourdain just came on.......he is Ireland. I want to watch this and not go to work.

I also just want to escape from some life issues now please.

shari schultz said:
tornado siren testing :crack: even the tests are un-nerving :crack: but thank God for them.

They still freak me out on Fridays at 11 am when I am not at work. :lol: But the worst was still the time they were going off during a thunderstorm and I called the roomie to see if I should be nervous...and he told me to run for the basement. People who are used to 3 days of hurricane party planning do not enjoy that.

Someone make me stop posting in the Throw Momma From the Train thread. My friend and I used to recite lines from that movie and that is why it appears I have half of it memorized...about 15 years ago I did...

ok.......major loser. No one mentioned the cake at all so I finally had to bring it up. Everyone thought I was a total freak when I mentioned being upset about the cardboard :der: The funny thing is we found it in a garbage pile on our way to the dishroom after dinner. My coworker saw it, laughed and said it wasn't as bad as I made it sound. :reject: I have tomorrow off. This past month has kicked my ass so much that a piece of cardboard upset me. I have tomorrow off, then work Friday, then I have the weekend off!!!!!!!! It's the most I've had off in well over a month. Joshua Tree is the plan and we're taking the doggie with. I can't wait to "tell" Roxy we're going on a trip on Saturday morning. She's going to be so excited and cute about it. :cute: :heart: We haven't decided if we're going for the day or the whole weekend. Either way......I need to go. The last time I was there I made a promise to myself that I would make a huge change in my life for the better.....

kellyahern said:

I just went and picked up Worf because of that post :cute:

She was not amused but I enjoyed it :lol:

Well no love from Lily last night. She's mad about something. We can't figure it out. Her litter is clean, she gets treats whenever, she has a new mouse to play with but for some reason she's been pouting in the corner in my sister's closet for the past few days. She comes out every so often, maily when she's hungry, but otherwise if I can't find her then she's in the closet. My sister said she usually only hides out in the closet when her litter box isn't up to her standards. Cats are so weird. The dog is always hyper and happy and the cat always looks like the weight of the world is on her. :coocoo:

Actually.....right now she's under the chair I'm sitting in. :crack: I just heard an odd noise and looked down and here she is. Maybe that means she sleep in my room tonight. :drool:

the laptop was shipped out this afternoon. Hopefully the 2nd laptop will continue to be here every night. It sucks ass that I can't use the computer in the mornings though :mad:

arw9797 said:
ok.......major loser. No one mentioned the cake at all so I finally had to bring it up. Everyone thought I was a total freak when I mentioned being upset about the cardboard :der: The funny thing is we found it in a garbage pile on our way to the dishroom after dinner. My coworker saw it, laughed and said it wasn't as bad as I made it sound. :reject: I have tomorrow off. This past month has kicked my ass so much that a piece of cardboard upset me. I have tomorrow off, then work Friday, then I have the weekend off!!!!!!!! It's the most I've had off in well over a month. Joshua Tree is the plan and we're taking the doggie with. I can't wait to "tell" Roxy we're going on a trip on Saturday morning. She's going to be so excited and cute about it. :cute: :heart: We haven't decided if we're going for the day or the whole weekend. Either way......I need to go. The last time I was there I made a promise to myself that I would make a huge change in my life for the better.....
you are not a major loser. I am just self-absorbed these days.

I have been in my own meltdown and it culminated last night when a Asst. Store Mngr. I like and respect came up and started talking. I pretty much let him know how unhappy I was with "stuff" and by the end I had tears coming to my eyes and had to walk away from him.

I went for a walk this morning to try to clear my head a little bit. Did you ever just have someone you automatically have bad feelings about? I am a good judge of character. I am not the only person in the store to have these feelings. I know of many others. This person walked towards me yesterday and I back away
I just keep telling myself that at least I have a job and it has pretty good benefits for it........trying to look at a bright side. / therapy session :sigh:

Have a good time on your Joshua Tree trip :drool:

Last edited:
I read somewhere that when you have feelings like that, you should listen to them :yes:

I'm sorry things are stressful at work :hug:

I'm trying not to let the stress build up from the changes at work, but I'm having trouble falling asleep. I even look forward to going to the gym and walking because it takes my mind off work - and I hate to exercise :huh:

^you bet, come on in :hug:'s for all

I just e-mailed a friend who lives 90 miles away about going to Summerfest and I feel guilty.............gas, parking, admission, food, drink...............='s $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have taken up taking Simply Sleep on occasion these days. I was sick of laying in bed with my mind racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom