Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still flying high from Saturday night. Obsessed by You tube and clips. I would love it if this was released by Harley or Bruce as a DVD ................*crossing fingers*
I would love to hear 'Revrend Springsteens' sermon before Mary's Place again and again and again.

thanks for the call shari! My phone broke over the weekend and then mysteriously started to work again yesterday :crack: so i haven't listened to the messages yet. But I will tonight! :yes:

There was a fire in the kitchen at work today! :yikes: I walked in the door to find a small fire going in the fryer and no one to be found. I ran to my kitchen to see if anyone was in there. Nothing. So then I went back to the fire and by then a few people, including a few sous chefs, were there. The fire started to spread when everyone started to use the extinguishers. I think a total of 4-5 were used but the fire kept getting bigger and the flames were getting bluer. Tons of firetrucks and NEWS trucks showed up, even a helicopter. :crazy: If you know where I work then you'd understand the news part of it. From the outside it looked like it was a massive fire but it really wasn't that big. The ventilation system got all of the smoke out so aside from an area being covered up with walls of plastic, you can't even tell anything happened. We were back to work within a half hour. So that was a bit of fun for my morning.

You are very welcome! Bruce's power took out your phone huh :wink:? Hope they are ok, sound wise. Wooly Bully was fun to see him perform. Badlands is just :drool:

FIRE? :yikes: Helicopter? Wow! Glad to hear everything is ok

Crappy week on my end with trim set up :happy:
The only thing saving me is the memories of Sat. night. I keep going to DIME and checking for the torrent. I want my concert.................. Listening to St. Louis and that is damn good but it is not my concert.

oh it gets better.......she's off the phone but instead of coming back in the room, she went directly into the kitchen to make herself dinner. I turned the volume up...way up...but she seems oblivious that once again she turned the sound off and then left the room. We've talked about this little habit of hers when she brings up "annoying things Amanda does" :angry: and she still does it :mad:

:hyper: ^ I am glad the messages worked out. Odd question.............can you forward them to me? Is that asking too much?
wasn't wooly bully fun?

Just having a realllly crappy day. Drama at work, not good.
Gotta go eat something now.............I have a venti java chip from starbucks with enough whipped cream on it to make me :hyper: Maybe that will pick me up.

Holding onto Bruuuuuuuuce memories to get me thru the day/

The Obama Campaign just called for the roomie, who is not here. I asked for their phone number so he could call back...and she did not know the phone number. She said she called it to come up on her cell phone but it just came up blocked. :lol:

Also, some guy keeps calling out house and leaving a message for Derek to call him back about the wallet. Our answering machine clearly thanks people for calling two people who are not named Derek.

The phone amuses me.

:hyper: ^ I am glad the messages worked out. Odd question.............can you forward them to me? Is that asking too much?
wasn't wooly bully fun?

Just having a realllly crappy day. Drama at work, not good.
Gotta go eat something now.............I have a venti java chip from starbucks with enough whipped cream on it to make me :hyper: Maybe that will pick me up.

Holding onto Bruuuuuuuuce memories to get me thru the day/

:uhoh: I deleted them after I listened. :reject: In my defense...I deleted every message in my inbox, not just yours. The little phone icon stays on my screen even after I've listened to the messages. The only way to get rid of it and not make me think I have a new message is to delete everything.

Work drama is always fun :happy: There's plenty at my work. You'd think making beautiful pastries for people to eat on a special day in their lives would be enjoyable but to some people I work with the guests that order the stuff we make are the worst people in the world. :| They pay my bills so the more they order, the more hours I'll get. But to some, it's a chore. :shrug: I don't get it. Baking has always been my stress reliever so I can't find any reason to have stress while I'm there.

Work drama is always fun :happy: There's plenty at my work. You'd think making beautiful pastries for people to eat on a special day in their lives would be enjoyable but to some people I work with the guests that order the stuff we make are the worst people in the world. :| They pay my bills so the more they order, the more hours I'll get. But to some, it's a chore. :shrug: I don't get it. Baking has always been my stress reliever so I can't find any reason to have stress while I'm there.

I would find this enjoyable, too. Do you guys have to deal with guests much, or are they just being miserable for the sake of being miserable?

Did anyone have a good day? :uhoh:
I just thought I would ask about the messages, no problem :) I am a keeper of certain messages.............I still have the message I texted to Schmeg and kariann and another friend after the whole Hawaii broken leg *incident*...........memories.

I just thought I would ask about the messages, no problem :) I am a keeper of certain messages.............I still have the message I texted to Schmeg and kariann and another friend after the whole Hawaii broken leg *incident*...........memories.

I had a decent day. It takes a lot to ruin my day, though.

I used to be a keeper of messages until my phone started running very slowly, so away went all of them. :(

The co-worker who got hired to work for Midwest Airlines only to have them call back and cancel the offer due to cuts told me today that they called yesterday and said there was a training class coming up if still interested.
The news just now did a story about how there were more cuts and changes.............How can they hire (unless they are just replacing people who are leaving a questionable job situation for something more stable)?. I hope co-worker really thinks hard about this and just doesn't jump on it.

By lunch time I was ready for a breakdown:
1. I was alone again to unpack, sort, grid, shelve decorate trees answer questions.
(I rode the freight elevator up and down as the stock was in the corner of the elevator. Had a cart and sliced open boxes and found certain needed decor for visual). Stock manager looked at me on the elevator and laughed as she watched the elevator go up and down with me on it. It was kind of funny.
2. Floor plan was not followed by new boss. This caused problems in setting the floor
3. Visual mngr is out on medical so her 2 people are setting the floor and also not following floor plan
4. 7 categories displaced and no home with all that happening.
5. Discussion today between certain people included condescension, tears and drama......that led to me going to ASM and letting them know situation. ASM played mediator.
6. One visual person had to walk away from situation, crying.
7. Misplaced tree ended up shifting to where is was supposed to go by mid day.

Drama before noon. Raging headache. I have help tomorrow, good help.

New boss told me that there has not been one thing that he questioned me doing.......He agrees with everything I have done in my *position* as lead trim processor. That was nice to hear. I am not ever going to take advantage of anything in my job. Do not ever question my work ethic. I may get frustrated and stressed but I am NOT going to purposely screw up or just not do the job. Where am I ahead if I do that? It would come back to bite me on the butt.......it isn't worth it. /rambling, run on journal entry in Randoooom

I would find this enjoyable, too. Do you guys have to deal with guests much, or are they just being miserable for the sake of being miserable?

Most positions these people have do not require them to be out and about around the resort so they'd have little contact with the guests. Some positions, like my former one, ( I start something new on Friday....long story) required me to make multiple deliveries to the restaurants around the resort so I'd see many guests each day. We're all required to greet and if the opportunity arises, chat with the guests. If we come in contact with a guest and don't follow the proper procedures of dealing with them we could get into huge trouble if that particular guest is one of the multiple mystery shoppers on property at any given time. So......some people can't handle walking down a sidewalk and saying "hello how are you today" and make a huge issue out of it. Personally, I really enjoy being able to be around the guests. I saw a man last week wearing a Minnesota hat so as I walked towards him not only did I say hi but I asked where he got that fantastic hat. Turns out he owns a house on the same lake that my aunt and uncle have their cabin on. I thought that was kind of a small world since there's only 10,000 lakes to pick from. So I had a nice 10 minute conversation with the guy. If anyone from HR or any of the Chefs walked by and saw me talking they would only think I was doing my job by sitting on a ledge and talking to a little old man that walked with a cane and a limp and was thrilled to meet someone from home. We ended our conversation when his wife called him. He said to her "you're never going to believe this but there's a girl from Minneapolis that works here!!!" I told my coworkers and they all said I should have just said hi and kept walking. :| My Chef happened to be there and he said "good job" after I finished telling the story and then said our jobs are not just about being in the kitchen all day long.

But most of the people I work with graduated from culinary school at 19 and are now about 25 years old and feel "stuck" at the fact that they've been working in their career for a long time now and feel like there should be something else out there for them. These are the same people that laugh that a 32 year old making $40,000 a year would give that up to move back home with the parents, go back to school for 15 months, and then only make a fraction of that just to satisfy a life long dream. They all said they'd take the money and run and would gladly give up the pastry life for something else. So while they're at it....they try to make me miserable each day for coming to work excited to be there, willing to learn, have things to teach them, and give everyone that I see my "Minnesota nice" attitude. They don't like the fact that I actually say "hello how are you" to people that walk into the bakery instead of just asking why they are disturbing us. I work with a lot of really mean people that really don't understand the guest, internal and external, come first. Thankfully my Chef is a really sweet guy that tries hard to keep the peace.

:ohmy: :reject: I was only going to give a quick answer. I could go on but I won't. I think I wrote enough :yikes:

oh I didn't work today so yes, I had a fantastic day. I went to Williams Sonoma to see if I could finally spend my big graduation gift card. I found a few Fall items but I'll wait until the end of season when they go on sale.

Last edited:
Most positions these people have do not require them to be out and about around the resort so they'd have little contact with the guests. Some positions, like my former one, ( I start something new on Friday....long story) required me to make multiple deliveries to the restaurants around the resort so I'd see many guests each day. We're all required to greet and if the opportunity arises, chat with the guests. If we come in contact with a guest and don't follow the proper procedures of dealing with them we could get into huge trouble if that particular guest is one of the multiple mystery shoppers on property at any given time. So......some people can't handle walking down a sidewalk and saying "hello how are you today" and make a huge issue out of it. Personally, I really enjoy being able to be around the guests. I saw a man last week wearing a Minnesota hat so as I walked towards him not only did I say hi but I asked where he got that fantastic hat. Turns out he owns a house on the same lake that my aunt and uncle have their cabin on. I thought that was kind of a small world since there's only 10,000 lakes to pick from. So I had a nice 10 minute conversation with the guy. If anyone from HR or any of the Chefs walked by and saw me talking they would only think I was doing my job by sitting on a ledge and talking to a little old man that walked with a cane and a limp and was thrilled to meet someone from home. We ended our conversation when his wife called him. He said to her "you're never going to believe this but there's a girl from Minneapolis that works here!!!" I told my coworkers and they all said I should have just said hi and kept walking. :| My Chef happened to be there and he said "good job" after I finished telling the story and then said our jobs are not just about being in the kitchen all day long.

But most of the people I work with graduated from culinary school at 19 and are now about 25 years old and feel "stuck" at the fact that they've been working in their career for a long time now and feel like there should be something else out there for them. These are the same people that laugh that a 32 year old making $40,000 a year would give that up to move back home with the parents, go back to school for 15 months, and then only make a fraction of that just to satisfy a life long dream. They all said they'd take the money and run and would gladly give up the pastry life for something else. So while they're at it....they try to make me miserable each day for coming to work excited to be there, willing to learn, have things to teach them, and give everyone that I see my "Minnesota nice" attitude. They don't like the fact that I actually say "hello how are you" to people that walk into the bakery instead of just asking why they are disturbing us. I work with a lot of really mean people that really don't understand the guest, internal and external, come first. Thankfully my Chef is a really sweet guy that tries hard to keep the peace.

:ohmy: :reject: I was only going to give a quick answer. I could go on but I won't. I think I wrote enough :yikes:

:huh: Good lord. Some people have no idea how good they truly have it. You'd think saying hello in passing wouldn't be too much for people who work with food all day.

:huh: Good lord. Some people have no idea how good they truly have it. You'd think saying hello in passing wouldn't be too much for people who work with food all day.

My Chef told one girl the other day, after a huge rant, that there's tons of unemployed pastry cooks out there dying to get back into a kitchen that he could hire if she didn't want her job anymore.

By lunch time I was ready for a breakdown:
1. I was alone again to unpack, sort, grid, shelve decorate trees answer questions.
(I rode the freight elevator up and down as the stock was in the corner of the elevator. Had a cart and sliced open boxes and found certain needed decor for visual). Stock manager looked at me on the elevator and laughed as she watched the elevator go up and down with me on it. It was kind of funny.
2. Floor plan was not followed by new boss. This caused problems in setting the floor
3. Visual mngr is out on medical so her 2 people are setting the floor and also not following floor plan
4. 7 categories displaced and no home with all that happening.
5. Discussion today between certain people included condescension, tears and drama......that led to me going to ASM and letting them know situation. ASM played mediator.
6. One visual person had to walk away from situation, crying.
7. Misplaced tree ended up shifting to where is was supposed to go by mid day.

Drama before noon. Raging headache. I have help tomorrow, good help.

New boss told me that there has not been one thing that he questioned me doing.......He agrees with everything I have done in my *position* as lead trim processor. That was nice to hear. I am not ever going to take advantage of anything in my job. Do not ever question my work ethic. I may get frustrated and stressed but I am NOT going to purposely screw up or just not do the job. Where am I ahead if I do that? It would come back to bite me on the butt.......it isn't worth it. /rambling, run on journal entry in Randoooom

:hug: I'm sure your department store has the best trim dept there is! If it's anything like that cute snowman tree you do for yourself at home then I'm sure everything at work looks amazing.

What she said.

I don't know, though, saying hi in passing is challenging :rolleyes:

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band ~ Thunder Road 8-30-08

I love watching Bruce and the E Street Band as they watch the screens behind them projecting the Bruce Harley images .................. Yeah, they need to release this as a official DVD.

Honestly, I loved meeting you guys and meeting Bono and Edge and seeing U2 in concert but this concert, there are no words for what I felt am feeling. I would like to make a blog entry, but can't find the words. I am in love with a 58 year old married with children man and his 'blood brothers'

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!

:hyper:

Okay, it's time to sit on the couch and cheer on the Yankees.

:shifty: Yes, I did just say that. The Yanks are 7.5 games behind the Red Sox, who are 3.5 games behind the Rays and out of first place. The Yanks could help close the gap between First Place and Wild Card tonight. And if the Red Sox keep wracking up the football scores, there might be another...OCTOBER!!!

/baseball heating up nerves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom