Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have them propped standing up on the bedside table, did I mention that they are so orange, black and holographic pretty :D
Saturday day/night is supposed to be gorgeous. I honestly don't care where I stand, to see the show. They have gigantic screens on either side of the stage............outdoor Bruce and E-Street Band concert, warm night = good thing :up:

They just showed a pic of Miller Park. It is a sea of Harleys :cool:

The crowd for Saturday's Harley show could max out at 70,000 people, which would put it in contention for the largest rock concert in Milwaukee history. It would be nothing new for Springsteen and the E Street Band; they recently played for a couple of 70,000-plus crowds in Barcelona, Spain.

Lofgren finds such huge shows both exhausting and energizing.

"Mainly, the stages are so much bigger, more for Bruce," Lofgren said. "He runs out to the wings. He puts up podiums out there and goes down and literally just throws himself into the audience. . . . No one does it better than Bruce. When I see him hoofing it out there to each side, I'm glad it's him and not me.
:)

I am about to go have an adventure picking up a dress at a UPS somewhere downtown...:huh:

Mission accomplished. :D

It did include cutting my finger on some scissors, looking mentally challenged trying to pit a large box through a small car door, and littering, but THE dress is now hanging in the guest room behind a green sheet and we're all very hopeful the dress hander holding up the train will make it through the next 25 days.

:hyper:

It did include cutting my finger on some scissors, looking mentally challenged trying to pit a large box through a small car door, and littering, but THE dress is now hanging in the guest room behind a green sheet and we're all very hopeful the dress hander holding up the train will make it through the next 25 days.

This morning, when I read this, I hear the Mission Impossible Theme in my head.

Now they are saying with the weather be as nice as it is supposed to be this weekend upwards of 100,000 people could be at the Lakefront for Bruuuuuuuuuce. ( :crack: ). Yep, me and my 100,000 closest friends are seeing Bruce this weekend *sniffs*

:up: :)

Now they are saying with the weather be as nice as it is supposed to be this weekend upwards of 100,000 people could be at the Lakefront for Bruuuuuuuuuce. ( :crack: ). Yep, me and my 100,000 closest friends are seeing Bruce this weekend *sniffs*

:up: Thats cool, I have sort of lost touch with my semi Bruce fandom. Should be a great show. :)

I'm more on a Coldplay kick lately.

Hi all :wave: seems a little like old times in here

On days like this it is hard to believe summer is just about over.

Thanks for the good concert wishes. People are so silly about this concert. They don't know what to expect and are panicking (example: Diehard fans won't be up-front, so should I sell my tickets :huh: ). A Springsteen concert on a warm summer evening with the lakefront behind is worth it............even if it is a shortened show.

A motorcyclist from MI was killed by a drunk driver here :(. Tv and radio are trying so hard to remind people who live here that the people coming in are not familiar with the streets and freeway system so CHILL.

I woke at 5 am ~naturally. That has to stop.
Rewatching the Bruce 60 Minute story and thinking about tonight :hyper:

I am so psyched for my neighbor who is riding in the parade for the first time! The staging at Miller Park is incredible. Harleys for miles and miles :cool:

*city pride*

Schmeg, exactly when is the big day? :hug:

September 20. :eek: I'm just excited for all the planning to be done by next week and then it's just smoooooth sailing until my mom flies in on the 16th and then the tizzy begins.

We would have liked to have invited more people (especially since we are short the 100 we are paying for reception-wise) but we had an invitation snafu...We bought a few boxes at Target and hired my dad to print them out. He wanted to print the envelopes but we didn't have some addresses to him when he was printing them so he made us like 12 extra from what he printed with envelopes. :happy: It's really fun to pick and choose between your friends...invite people you want to know you'd want to be there but might not be able to swing it, or people you KNOW will come and you're not wasting an endangered species of invitation? :crack:

^ again with the :hyper: . Ugh, sorry about the invitation snafu. That was your snafu for your wedding and it will be smooth sailing even with mom :) *crosses fingers, prays, hopes, wishes, for you and the roomie that that is the case*

Meanwhile :waiting:
I wanna go play downtown by all the Harleys and take some pics. A little nervous about taking a camera ~ not with the Harley people, of course, but it will be in my purse for the Springsteen show........~I promise I won't use it during the show, nice security people, but I really want to take some pics of the city and the venue without having to hike a mile back to the car to drop it off *nervous grin* ~ Paul McCartney's camera guards have made me nervous.
It is my cheapy camera that only takes "AA" batteries, so if they demand those they can have 'em.

Last edited:
September 20. :eek: I'm just excited for all the planning to be done by next week and then it's just smoooooth sailing until my mom flies in on the 16th and then the tizzy begins.

We would have liked to have invited more people (especially since we are short the 100 we are paying for reception-wise) but we had an invitation snafu...We bought a few boxes at Target and hired my dad to print them out. He wanted to print the envelopes but we didn't have some addresses to him when he was printing them so he made us like 12 extra from what he printed with envelopes. :happy: It's really fun to pick and choose between your friends...invite people you want to know you'd want to be there but might not be able to swing it, or people you KNOW will come and you're not wasting an endangered species of invitation? :crack:

All will be well, dear Schmeg. Many good thoughts and best wishes for many, many years of happiness! :hug:

^ again with the :hyper: . Ugh, sorry about the invitation snafu. That was your snafu for your wedding and it will be smooth sailing even with mom :) *crosses fingers, prays, hopes, wishes, for you and the roomie that that is the case*

if that's the one snafu we're doing very well. Think happy weather thoughts for me...the ceremony is outdoors and I don't have great weather luck!

All will be well, dear Schmeg. Many good thoughts and best wishes for many, many years of happiness! :hug:

Thank you. :hug:

reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
happy!

arw, yes, the first song I called you during was Wooly Bully the second Badlands.
Am I supposed to be able to sleep? I have a serious buzz going on ~ A-Freaking Amazing!

*hazy, happy, tired grin* We need a smiley for that

I have a Boss/E-Street Hangover :drunk: I have no voice at all.

Damn................I saw that concert, I was there. The best thing I have ever bought off of EBAY...........the tickets :up:

*hazy, happy, tired grin* We need a smiley for that

I have a Boss/E-Street Hangover :drunk: I have no voice at all.

Damn................I saw that concert, I was there. The best thing I have ever bought off of EBAY...........the tickets :up:

I'm so glad you went, and I'm glad to learn that he did "Badlands"--that's my favorite Bruuuuuuuuuuuce ever!

I feel you pain about Walgreen's site. I tried to upload some photos Thursday night and ended up taking the card to their in-store kiosk on Friday after work.
:mad:

I have the day off today and so far have done absolutely nothing but sit on the bed typing up a couple of documents on the good ole laptop while watching TV. Just ordered a pizza and except for baking some muffins I am going to continue doing nothing but watch TV and read. :drool:

I did go to the Obama rally this weekend and I knew there were be a big turnout but I never dreamed that there would be as many people show up at a high school to hear 1 man speak as I would see at a U2 show. During the last election I had played with the idea of volunteering but ended up figuring that with my work schedule at the time and the U2 traveling that it would be hard but I seriously am considering it this time even though I'm probably busier now than I was then.

Where is my pizza????? I am staaaaaaarving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom