Randooooooomers In Their Summer Clothes Shining Like Stars In The Summer Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gah, I just found the house on the Realtors site :reject:. Pics of the inside galore.
The yellow chair she loved, the new kitchen she loved, the doorway from the garage into the kitchen that I walked thru so many times.......the gazebo.
$350,000 is the selling price. Drove past the street they lived on last week and had noticed the for sale sign and it never crossed my mind that it was THAT house.

The husband of my friend R, who died a little over a year ago, is getting married. My jaw just hit the ground. I just never saw this coming this quickly. I know she wanted him to be happy and had told him to re-marry.................He signed up w/ a dating service and met someone. He is selling his house (that house is :drool:. It is right on the local parkway) and she is selling her house and they will buy a house 1/2 way between his practices.
I guess he has become more outgoing too. He was always so quiet.......a really good guy tho.
It just hit me oddly this morning. I spent the morning thinking about her and that I miss her.
It is hard to even explain. I am happy he is happy.

that is soon but then again she was sick for so long that maybe he was just ready to let her go and move on. I don't mean for that to sound as heartless as it came out but he probably put a lot of his energy into her health plus I'm sure she would want him to be happy.

It doesn't sound heartless. It is what she told him to do. She told me about that discussion.
It is, for lack of a better way to explain it, the final, final, final goodbye. I think it is a good thing to start fresh, in a new house. No ghosts, so to speak.

well that was seriously a waste of two perfectly good days. My aunt didn't even crack $100 for all of her junk. She did make more on some furniture but we had already sold that before the sale started. We sold some of the remaining items from my grandparents stuff we didn't sell last year. Those few items made almost as much as my aunt's entire garage worth. :tsk:

Survived work.
I have to let things roll off my back more. I know textiles is more work intensive because of the nature of the mdse, but this is getting ridiculous. Now the phones up there are not working. We are getting the calls from angry customers who have been trying to reach textiles and haven't been able to. We have our own lines. Management knows about it and has done nothing, except tell us to take the customers name and phone # and call them back. Now housewares is falling apart cuz we are running up to textiles in our spare moments and not filling and straightening and checking signing and prices.
:banghead: /whining.
I work 10-7:15 tomorrow :crack:
Work Monday and then off Tuesday. My Springsteen dvd/t-shirt/poster is on schedule to be delivered Monday :up:. My sanity. My precious.............

Plus we have a new request off system. I have 20 vacation days. Vacation days are considered M-F. If we want Sat, Sun off before and then the following Sat, Sun. off after, we have to request them and they can be approved or not approved. How the hell do you plan anything. We were told that it takes 7 days for approval and not to assume we will get them :mad: A request is just that, a request........

Doc says I can go back to work Monday or Tuesday. I'm thinking Tuesday . . . .:hmm: Sure hope some more of the swelling goes down by then. I can handle the stitches and the black eye, but it's hideous! :yikes:

Doc says I can go back to work Monday or Tuesday. I'm thinking Tuesday . . . .:hmm: Sure hope some more of the swelling goes down by then. I can handle the stitches and the black eye, but it's hideous! :yikes:

go in on Tuesday! Take the extra day off, especially if it's a sick day!

start the new job tomorrow. :barf: I'm usually not nervous but I think since I had an almost 2 week wait since I found out, I've had a little more time than usual to think about it. My last few jobs have all been an offer one day and start the next. :yikes: They only gave me my start time for tomorrow so I don't even know my schedule or anything for the week. Guess I'll find out when I get there....

start the new job tomorrow. :barf: I'm usually not nervous but I think since I had an almost 2 week wait since I found out, I've had a little more time than usual to think about it. My last few jobs have all been an offer one day and start the next. :yikes: They only gave me my start time for tomorrow so I don't even know my schedule or anything for the week. Guess I'll find out when I get there....
:up: Good first day wishes heading north and west to you.

All good wishes to you, Amanda--knock 'em out! :hug:

go in on Tuesday! Take the extra day off, especially if it's a sick day!

Tuesday it is! With my glasses on, it kinda hides the incision and some of the discoloration. I'd told everyone in advance so they won't think I've been in a pub brawl (sounds like more fun, though!), but I don't want everyone looking at me. :reject:

Beagle barks are soooo annoying! I used to want a Beagle but I don't think I could handle their hyper disposition. :hmm: Well maybe I could after dealing with Wesley lately! :der:

I was just reading about Wesley and his adventures.
Congrats kelly on the new kitty coming your way soon :)

I don't know what has gotten into this little beagle. He has been barking for like a hour straight, if not longer. I am just grateful I am not living next to him. The beagles in the village, that I have named Steve and Clarence, never seem to bark, or at least I have never heard them. I really don't want to close my window. I think I will be putting the tv on *sleep* mode so I can drown him out.

:drool::drool::drool: Just booked our vacation to the Dells/Milwaukee for August. My friends are way too excited to cross the border into Wisconsin for a vacation! I just wish we could go for a little longer to make our way up to Green Bay. Maybe next year. One of my friends is very limited on time off so what we have planned is just perfect. We all work in the food industry so for all of us to get time off together to do anything is just painful so I'm really excited this worked out that we can all go. I can't wait to see Gaelic Storm. They are playing at the Zoo again this year and not a free concert at our Irish Fair. :grumpy: So it will probably be the one and only time I see them this summer but one is better than none! Can't wait to listen to their new album on the road :drool:

:drool::drool::drool: Just booked our vacation to the Dells/Milwaukee for August. My friends are way too excited to cross the border into Wisconsin for a vacation! I just wish we could go for a little longer to make our way up to Green Bay. Maybe next year. One of my friends is very limited on time off so what we have planned is just perfect. We all work in the food industry so for all of us to get time off together to do anything is just painful so I'm really excited this worked out that we can all go. I can't wait to see Gaelic Storm. They are playing at the Zoo again this year and not a free concert at our Irish Fair. :grumpy: So it will probably be the one and only time I see them this summer but one is better than none! Can't wait to listen to their new album on the road :drool:
:hyper::up::YAY!:

Hope your first day is going smoothly :)

I love my new job :drool: It's such a nice breath of fresh air compared to my previous job. I hated that place the first time I ever saw the kitchen. I remember posting here that I had such an awful day on my first day there. Soooo happy to be rid of that crappy place!

Sounds like I'll probably have Sat/Sun off or Sun/Mon off :hyper: Both of my coworkers are totally awesome. I'd say they are about 50ish and mid 60ish so it's just refreshing to deal with adults and not 20 year old know it alls :happy: One of them always works both weekend days and she said she can't possibly see why they would ever need me on the weekend because everything is done prior to that and anything she is working on is for Monday. That would be so nice to have those days off since I have to work at night. For this week and next I'm working earlier to train so I don't start the longer night shift for a while.

It's hotter than hell upstairs right now and I haven't a clue how to work the air conditioner :der: Of course little Wesley would rather stay up here on the porch rather than downstairs in our room where it's naturally cooler and I have fans. :angry: He just can't be trusted up here alone right now so I have to go where he goes and right now he's passed out cold with his little toy under the chair. :sigh:

Well that is interesting.............they just issued a tornado warning for a county west of us........and there goes my weather radio going crazy. Greeeeeeaaaaaaat.

I love my new job :drool: It's such a nice breath of fresh air compared to my previous job. I hated that place the first time I ever saw the kitchen. I remember posting here that I had such an awful day on my first day there. Soooo happy to be rid of that crappy place!

Sounds like I'll probably have Sat/Sun off or Sun/Mon off :hyper: Both of my coworkers are totally awesome. I'd say they are about 50ish and mid 60ish so it's just refreshing to deal with adults and not 20 year old know it alls :happy: One of them always works both weekend days and she said she can't possibly see why they would ever need me on the weekend because everything is done prior to that and anything she is working on is for Monday. That would be so nice to have those days off since I have to work at night. For this week and next I'm working earlier to train so I don't start the longer night shift for a while.

This sounds wonderful! You deserve it :)

Don't mind me. I'm gonna pack my *panic* backpack now. All the important stuff, including the computer........Have I mentioned that I really hate the word rotating :grumpy:. Will log back on w/ the little netbook.
Schmeg and Jude keep your tornado crap away from me and my state!
Sun needs to go down faster so storms weaken........why does today have to be the longest day of the year?

Jens tornado sirens just went off. As she put it sarcastically, "good times"

Back
Top Bottom