Randooooooomers In Their Summer Clothes Shining Like Stars In The Summer Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the accident over the weekend was an 18 year old driver that killed a 14 year old boy on his bike. If she's 18 I'm sure she just graduated high school and was looking forward to her summer break before going off to college. :( I was in a car accident a long time ago and it took me a good week before I would drive again. I missed school and work because I was too afraid to get into my car. The driver that I hit (he stopped abruptly on an off ramp instead of just slowing down) was on his way home after picking up his car from the shop because he hit someone a few weeks prior and the car needed major repair. My front end was a mess and needed $1000 worth of repair but nothing was wrong with his van. He knew he caused the accident by being overly cautious about ruining his newly redone car but since I hit him it was "my" fault and I had to pay to get my car fixed. :|

I hate that. If someone does something clearly stupid, it shouldn't always be the fault of the one who did the rear-ending.

:mad:

It's not like I watch TONS of tv or anything but I live alone all week and it's my company. It sounds like there's other people in the house and I find that soothing. And I know the long-distance roomie is trying to help, but YES I checked that it was on the right input channel...that it was plugged in...and I reset the damn box, and this is the SAME PROBLEM that we had when I was on the phone with the guy in India for an HOUR last month and I haven't gone on a wire-pulling rampage since then.

Another rant, as I seem to really like rants tonight:

I two teachers on my FB...I've known one of them since she was born and the other since she was 10. Neither of them seem to know the difference between they're/there/their and you're/your. I am terribly proud of them both but that scares me! Should I be glad that one is a math teacher and the other is an art teacher and they don't have to teach kids spelling and grammar, or should I fear for the future?

Also, should I be scared that someone I've known SINCE SHE WAS FRICKIN' BORN has graduated from college and become a teacher? When did I get this old and when are they going to start catching up with ME???

"O-bla-di O-bla-da life goes on . . . la la la life goes on." I feel your pain, Schmeg. I knew I was getting old when the fathers of the students at Purdue looked better than the students! :lol:

P.S. We've had enough thunderstorms and tornadoes, don't you think?

done! :drool:

but I have to work job #2 in a few hours so my day is not finished yet.....

my boss was very kind when I left. He thanked me for my work and wished me well. I thought for sure he was going to tell me where to go since we never got along. We didn't get along because I refused to serve crap and he doesn't care what the pastries look like as long as there are pastries available. So we butted heads a lot. I'm glad to be done but now I have to start all over.....again :(

done! :drool:

but I have to work job #2 in a few hours so my day is not finished yet.....

my boss was very kind when I left. He thanked me for my work and wished me well. I thought for sure he was going to tell me where to go since we never got along. We didn't get along because I refused to serve crap and he doesn't care what the pastries look like as long as there are pastries available. So we butted heads a lot. I'm glad to be done but now I have to start all over.....again :(
:up:

This sunburn is going to drive me crazy :crazy: It just itches something terrible! Don't remember having this problem before.

I smell like a giant easter egg :happy:
I googled sunburn itch up and got suggestions to spray vinegar on. I did and so far so good. Wish I had Benadryl. If I got out of work at 5 like I was supposed to I would have walked over to Walgreens and bought some.

Thanks, y'all. Since I can't eat or drink anything (not even water!) for six hours prior, I'm going to sleep until I just have time to get up, get cleaned up, and go to the hospital in time for the procedure so I won't want to eat! :D

I'm on some super slow network....probably stolen from a neighbor. It's almost worse than being on dial up right now. The sale is really quite. Yesterday and today are really the first nice days we've had since sometime in May so everyone is probably out in their yards or at a lake. I wish I was at the lake!

I'm on some super slow network....probably stolen from a neighbor. It's almost worse than being on dial up right now. The sale is really quite. Yesterday and today are really the first nice days we've had since sometime in May so everyone is probably out in their yards or at a lake. I wish I was at the lake!

not like it matters but quite boring would be the omitted word.....

thunderstorm! This is more acceptable than just plain old rain. :grumpy:

Guess who is afraid of the noise? :cute: He's hiding under the couch. I want him to come snuggle with me but right now he's shaking in his boots.

I don't remember ever having a problem with sunburn itching. The pain yes, then just peeling.

Some pain, mostly itching :crack::crack:
What is really weird is that the leg that was broken has a worse sunburn. Much worse. That is how it has been since 2006.

Did it get better?

thunderstorm! This is more acceptable than just plain old rain. :grumpy:

Guess who is afraid of the noise? :cute: He's hiding under the couch. I want him to come snuggle with me but right now he's shaking in his boots.

We have those coming our way for after 1 a.m..
Any chance of a frightened kitty pic?

Did it get better?

no....we closed an hour early. It's in the alley vs the house this year. Last year we were able to have the sale right in my grandparents level of the house since everything was on sale. Since my great aunt is taking over 1/2 the stuff in her house, we can't let people in and are stuck in the garage. We have signs on both sides of the alley plus the front and random spots over town but I don't think it helped much. Tomorrow is another day. I don't have to go since the rest of the siblings and cousins are working but I really don't mind spending time at the house since after next week, it will be rented out and my family won't live there anymore. I don't even want to think about what it will be like when the day comes that we sell it. :( I love the area and have spent the last few days checking out places to live over there. Soon, I hope.

No pics of the the little kitty. I did get my camera to take pics but by then he moved from his scared little pose to sitting up waiting to play with my camera cord. :grumpy: He was sooooo cute!!!!

I spent my morning trying to wrap my brain around some news. It took at least 2 1/2 hours.

oh crap...what happened?

Tornado in Northern MN a bit ago. :yikes: My friend and her family just posted on FB that they drove through the town 10 minutes before the tornado tore it apart. :( Glad they are on their way back home.

The husband of my friend R, who died a little over a year ago, is getting married. My jaw just hit the ground. I just never saw this coming this quickly. I know she wanted him to be happy and had told him to re-marry.................He signed up w/ a dating service and met someone. He is selling his house (that house is :drool:. It is right on the local parkway) and she is selling her house and they will buy a house 1/2 way between his practices.
I guess he has become more outgoing too. He was always so quiet.......a really good guy tho.
It just hit me oddly this morning. I spent the morning thinking about her and that I miss her.
It is hard to even explain. I am happy he is happy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom