Randooooooomers In Their Summer Clothes Shining Like Stars In The Summer Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
major car repairs this week. :sad: I've been putting off some minor stuff but now there could be an unrelated major thing. :happy: I have no money. I don't want a car payment right now or I would get a new car. I really want to get everything fixed first and then maybe I'll consider selling it. I can't sell without getting a few things done to it or I'd have to really lower the price. It turned 8 in March so aside from the general stuff of brakes, tires, and oil it's never been in the shop so I can't complain too much about this other than it comes at a really crappy time since I barely worked last week. :|
Sorry :(

We had an earthquake?

It was felt here, too. One of the women who works on the fourth floor in the building called and asked if we on the first floor had felt the building shake. No . . . Then I got e-mail from a friend on third floor, and they had felt it, too! Apparently by the time it got to us, it was "only" a 3 or 4.

And once again "the Purdue Force Field" (according to MrPurrl) has diverted a massive thunderstorm from us. :applaud:

Summer began officially here in Milwaukee today w/ the opening day of Summerfest. It started off joyous. It is ending poorly.
Part of the parking structure had a wall fall down to the ground........arw, would know which parking structure it is cuz we walked back there last summer after Irish Fest to Jen's car.
The falling wall killed a child and injured 2 other people.........possibly children. Not much info is being released. The parking structure is closed. No one in, no one out.
If people parked there for Summerfest they are, um well, screwed. Bus, cab, someone coming to pick you up..........those seem to be the options. People are wondering if yesterday's swaying from the earthquake triggered something.
So sad :sad:

Sheriff Clarke: Concrete wall collapse call came in at 4:01, 3 victims, 2 inj, 1 dead. Lincoln Memorial and parking structure closed.

From Twitter.

That is a chunk of Milwaukee summer right there parking-wise along w/ the hanging out points. That is the area I was in for the air show practice.

Apparently there was a sinkhole that opened up on WI Ave at 27th street today too.
Interesting day here.

Oh, arw, for Irish Fest here is a tip: stay away from the bridge/freeway that is above/behind the Miller Stage where Gaelic Storm perform. Apparently that has structural issues.........they are putting netting on the underneath part to prevent concrete from falling to the ground :happy:

My city is falling apart.

36901_410152318971_52704563971_4290.jpg

This is how the day started :lol: ADORE this picture! Paddy from Irish Fest wanting in! I think this will be my desktop picture.

Irish Fest also came out w/ the poster
36367_410209038971_52704563971_4291.jpg

I think I need to buy that.

:wave: IWB

It was waaaaay too close for comfort. It sounds like it was a lowering funnel in one case that never touched down. This is another:
620wtmj_062210tornadooakcreek.jpg

Someone in a community directly to the south of us snapped this shot. Supposedly, it too, never touched down. This community is near the airport. They had people in the shelter there.
Mom just got off the phone w/ my cousin. No damage to the house and like I said before they are ok. They were in the basement. Right down the road from them trees were just pulled out of the ground and tossed like they were nothing and they were old, big trees. That tornado was a EF1.

OMG. :faint:

It was felt here, too. One of the women who works on the fourth floor in the building called and asked if we on the first floor had felt the building shake. No . . . Then I got e-mail from a friend on third floor, and they had felt it, too! Apparently by the time it got to us, it was "only" a 3 or 4.

And once again "the Purdue Force Field" (according to MrPurrl) has diverted a massive thunderstorm from us. :applaud:

My step-mother-in-law's office in Hackensack, NJ was evacuated. I frequent a Boston blog/news site and people there are freaking out between the earthquake and some predicted midwestern thunderstorm activity. I love the east coast!

Apparently our GB QB is at the MN airport w/ a tornado warning.............is this really how the Vikings plan on getting rid of #12
Kind of extreme don'tchathink? ;)

Apparently our GB QB is at the MN airport w/ a tornado warning.............is this really how the Vikings plan on getting rid of #12
Kind of extreme don'tchathink? ;)

:flirt: whatever it takes to knock off those pesky Packers.....

It's NASTY out right now. Cable and internet are flashing on and off. My Wesley goes from freaking out to snuggling on top of me to chasing the ducks in the pond from room to room. :crack: The pond has big rocks all the way around it and they are under water right now. The ducks are having a party though. I swear there were at least 20 ducks an hour ago. And a gigantic mysterious white bird that only appears in this kind of weather. :eek: Wesley did not like that bird! He tried to hide under me on the couch.

Watching E! right now. Michael Jackson special. I can't believe it's been a year. I was packing up the Phoenix house with my sister, dad and my coworker that came to help when we decided to take a lunch break and turn on the tiny little tv that we hadn't packed yet. Can't believe that was also a year ago that I quit the resort and moved back. Seems like all of that was lifetime ago....

Sorry about your car :(

well....:der: $15 coupon for an oil change at one place, freebie check up at my dad's old coworker's place. He and my dad used to work together at the dealership that I bought my car from, so he knows my car well and I trust his judgement. He couldn't find anything major wrong with it. There's some minor stuff he suggested I have fixed either by him or at a Chevy dealer but otherwise it was only $15. :drool:

:der:
Came in, was changing and my arm went flying and hit the glass of beer. The beer tipped over and into a open drawer w/ my kleenex and meds. One of the meds didn't have the cover on straight.............:der:
Now I have cleaned off the top of the nightstand and have thrown away the meds that were drenched in beer. Off to order more :happy:

Glad you only had to spend $15 so far on car repairs :up:
Giant white bird? Heron? Swan? EEK
Poor Wesley.
YAY for finalizing the plans.

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since MJ's death.
I am watching the E show too.

Hard for me to believe, too. It happened right before we left for Ireland (June 27), and that was all that was on the limited TV stations in Ireland. The guy had a very bizarre, troubled life; but he sure made some good music!

I saw Lily and Roxy today. Lily looks so different! Wesley is so tall and long compared to her. She bit me really hard when I got there and whipped her tail most of the time I was there this afternoon. Then when I dropped my sister off tonight she was a little sweeter but not like she was when she lived here. However, my sister and her boyfriend both told me separately that Lily is as sweet as can be towards them again. She hit and bit both of them when they would come here. So I think she's probably happy to be back with them. I still miss her :( but I'm getting used to not having her here and having the little terror Wesley here. He's getting better. After spending a few hours for 3 days in a row in the bathroom while I was gone, we've come to an understanding about where he's not supposed to go which was mainly attacking our tree in the living room.

:der:
Came in, was changing and my arm went flying and hit the glass of beer. The beer tipped over and into a open drawer w/ my kleenex and meds. One of the meds didn't have the cover on straight.............:der:
Now I have cleaned off the top of the nightstand and have thrown away the meds that were drenched in beer. Off to order more :happy:

Glad you only had to spend $15 so far on car repairs :up:
Giant white bird? Heron? Swan? EEK
Poor Wesley.
YAY for finalizing the plans.

Ugh...that sucks! Medicine is so expensive to waste it but so is beer! :( I don't know which one I would have been more upset about! :der:

I don't think it's a swan. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Heron here before. It's weird that it's just the one that appears when it rains really hard but it's been like that for years. I have no clue how long a bird like that lives but I guess it could be the same one.

I think the posted needs a little more color than what they made it. I liked the logo they had last year showing a preview for this year. I think it was the mascot by a Dublin style door.

there was really yucky lightening out when I was driving home and my computer was dead so I need to have it plugged in. I hate having my computer plugged in during bad weather because one of my friends had his new computer blow up on him a few years ago during a bad storm and he had to buy a new one before he had finished paying that one off. I thought that was an old wives tale about unplugging a computer during a storm but ever since them I'm overly paranoid....

I'm so bummed the US lost today. :( It was really the first game I was able to sit down and watch. I guess if they lost I'm glad it was to the host country because I always like to cheer on the host team if my team is out. Since David Beckham isn't able to play for England this year I don't care who wins now. I'm just glad those cheaters from France didn't make it past the first round!

there was really yucky lightening out when I was driving home and my computer was dead so I need to have it plugged in. I hate having my computer plugged in during bad weather because one of my friends had his new computer blow up on him a few years ago during a bad storm and he had to buy a new one before he had finished paying that one off. I thought that was an old wives tale about unplugging a computer during a storm but ever since them I'm overly paranoid....
I am sick of big storms.
Woke up just in time for this mornings. Had massive winds that took out the cable and hence the computer.
I unplugged my computer along w/ a ton of other stuff when we lost power. Didn't want to risk power surge damage. Monday I unplugged my computer and took it downstairs and ran it off battery power........I left the cable modem plugged in upstairs. Watched radar and read twitter about where the storms/tornado/funnel were.
They let the people go Monday night at work. One gal was driving home and saw the funnel that was heading our way floating thru the sky :crack:

I saw Lily and Roxy today. Lily looks so different! Wesley is so tall and long compared to her. She bit me really hard when I got there and whipped her tail most of the time I was there this afternoon. Then when I dropped my sister off tonight she was a little sweeter but not like she was when she lived here. However, my sister and her boyfriend both told me separately that Lily is as sweet as can be towards them again. She hit and bit both of them when they would come here. So I think she's probably happy to be back with them. I still miss her :( but I'm getting used to not having her here and having the little terror Wesley here. He's getting better. After spending a few hours for 3 days in a row in the bathroom while I was gone, we've come to an understanding about where he's not supposed to go which was mainly attacking our tree in the living room.
So Lily is quite the miss personality :ohmy:

So Lily is quite the miss personality :ohmy:

oh definitely! She's a riot. She's really vocal. The more you talk to her the more she'll talk back. Wesley not so much....but my sister said it took her a few years before Lily starting to really talk. Wes just stares at me. But Lily has always had a strong personality. She looked so short and fat! I can't believe all of this took place just 3 weeks ago. :crazy: I saw her the weekend she moved and that's it. I think it's really funny to see the behavior difference between cats and dogs. The dog always acts like she's going to pass out from the excitement of seeing anyone that comes her way while Lily whips her tail and hides under the couch when anyone but her food source enters the room! :der:

I am sick of big storms.
Woke up just in time for this mornings. Had massive winds that took out the cable and hence the computer.
I unplugged my computer along w/ a ton of other stuff when we lost power. Didn't want to risk power surge damage. Monday I unplugged my computer and took it downstairs and ran it off battery power........I left the cable modem plugged in upstairs. Watched radar and read twitter about where the storms/tornado/funnel were.
They let the people go Monday night at work. One gal was driving home and saw the funnel that was heading our way floating thru the sky :crack:

I've driven in that before and it's not fun! Sick of storms is right! :madwife: :barf:

Keep the storms in MN :mad:
This will be a unplug the computer night it sounds like.

I don't want them anymore than you do! :tsk: My computer is charged now so I unplugged it. Glad I finally have a laptop!

Back
Top Bottom