Randooooooom dances on ice...cha cha cha!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:drool:

sports1302182006.jpg

I just received a phone call from a fellow ice dancer! :D

I have consulted ice-dance.com about tonight's event. The Original dance will be a Latin Combination: Meringue, Cha Cha, Samba, Mambo, Rhumba. I believe you can pick any two. Vocal performances are now permitted. The costuming should be outrageous.

I also learned that the Yankee Polka and the Tango Romantica were the other two compulsory dances for this season, and I would have preferred either of those two to the 'Burger! The Yankee Polka is this amazing, fast-paced seizure (I know the first three steps!!), and the Tango Romantica is just :drool: when it's performed well. And I know more about those dances so I could have been even MORE geeky.

Also: an interesting bit of information to those who want to know more about how points are scored.
http://www.ice-dance.com/techreference/copjudging/gradeofexecution-originaldance.html

Schmeg said:
I have consulted ice-dance.com about tonight's event. The Original dance will be a Latin Combination: Meringue, Cha Cha, Samba, Mambo, Rhumba. I believe you can pick any two. Vocal performances are now permitted. The costuming should be outrageous.

I also learned that the Yankee Polka and the Tango Romantica were the other two compulsory dances for this season, and I would have preferred either of those two to the 'Burger! The Yankee Polka is this amazing, fast-paced seizure (I know the first three steps!!), and the Tango Romantica is just :drool: when it's performed well. And I know more about those dances so I could have been even MORE geeky.

Also: an interesting bit of information to those who want to know more about how points are scored.
http://www.ice-dance.com/techreference/copjudging/gradeofexecution-originaldance.html

:up:

We have an expert in our midst...it may be a geeky expert but an expert! :wink:

Blue Room said:

Seriously?

:laugh: :wink:
Oh yes.

You have only seen the tip of my geeky iceburg (HA! no pun intended).

And if it was a dance I could actually do (for Olympic-level competitions they can pick from Pre-Gold up and that JUST happens to be my level), you'd all be in SERIOUS trouble.

And if my first love synchro was an Olympic event, I would just drown in a puddle of my own drool.

:nerd:

Schmeg said:

Oh yes.

You have only seen the tip of my geeky iceburg (HA! no pun intended).

And if it was a dance I could actually do (for Olympic-level competitions they can pick from Pre-Gold up and that JUST happens to be my level), you'd all be in SERIOUS trouble.

And if my first love synchro was an Olympic event, I would just drown in a puddle of my own drool.

:nerd:

:yikes:

:laugh: :wink:

I think we all have subjects/hobbies/activities we qualify under the :nerd: category when it comes to discussing. Its cool when something really interests you and you have alot of knowledge on it.

Yours is on national TV this week! :laugh: :)

I should eat something besides Cheez-Its and dried apricots. :| I think we only have Eggos or cereal, and I think I'm all set with both for once.

My Party Shuffle is obsessed with Folsom Prison Blues.
I shot a man in Reno
Just to watch him die

My dad's norton subscription ran out in September :scream: I've been after him for months to renew it. He keeps saying it's not needed because he runs it every week :huh: He was running it when I got here. It was scanning but there was also a message on the screen saying that it was protecting the computer from any viruses since September :der: :der: :der: My mom gave me her credit card to update it. :coocoo: If he would have gotten a virus, somehow that would have been my fault because I use the computer no more than twice a week. :|

OMG no one told me it was on at 7 tonight! I just missed Jamie and Ryan and I'm gonna be in trouble for not taping!!! :sad:

arw9797 said:
My dad's norton subscription ran out in September :scream: I've been after him for months to renew it. He keeps saying it's not needed because he runs it every week :huh: He was running it when I got here. It was scanning but there was also a message on the screen saying that it was protecting the computer from any viruses since September :der: :der: :der: My mom gave me her credit card to update it. :coocoo: If he would have gotten a virus, somehow that would have been my fault because I use the computer no more than twice a week. :|

Its funny, I try to explain to my Dad to do similiar things. Check your Norton, clean your hard drive with a disc cleaner, etc.. I can just tell he doesnt understand. Like with the Norton, basically any virus created after September 05 could be on your Dad's computer. :yikes:

My Norton expires next month. So I need to update mine as well.

:wave: Home from work.

A couple of changes on the forum page, I see............

I noticed skating on the tv as I was leaving work. Was surprised that it was on early

:laugh: I just read about what happens in the skating. Obviously I wont say for the benefit of the skating :nerd:'s on here. But I may watch the Olympics tonight as a result. DRAMA! :laugh: :shifty:

Blue Room said:
:laugh: I just read about what happens in the skating. Obviously I wont say for the benefit of the skating :nerd:'s on here. But I may watch the Olympics tonight as a result. DRAMA! :laugh: :shifty:
:ohmy: I wonder what happens! DON'T TELL US!!!!

I can't believe this girl shows the tattoo on her back!!

Schmeg said:

:ohmy: I wonder what happens! DON'T TELL US!!!!

I can't believe this girl shows the tattoo on her back!!

:laugh: I wont say, but I will be curious as to your reaction to it. Being the resident skating :nerd: :wink:

I wonder how many chickens had to die to be this girl's dress. :crack:

"It seems to me that this dress is the world's biggest powder puff."
~Dick Button, moments before the feathers started flying off it.

Evgeny Platov AND Alexander Zhulin are their coaches?? :huh: Talk about drama...if I'm remembering the right couples...

Edit: I am. That is WEIRD. :crack:

Kariann said:
So was it just me or did the Japanease couple skate a bit slow for the music in the latter portion of the program?
No, that wasn't just you.

She's 35! I can't believe the ISU let her in! 21 is considered old age in this sport! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom