randooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my birthday :sigh: I'm officially 31. At least I have a job this year and I'm not living in my parents basement.

I got up late, then my parents, brother & sister came over and gave me gift cards to the Apple stores :drool: Then we all drove to a town called Stillwater, which is on the border of MN/WI. It's a cute little antique town with a new stores mixed in. My sister bought me 2 porcelain lemons :love: After that we drove around some older parts of St Paul and then to a restaurant I used to go to all the time with my grandma. A&T are coming over soon but I think I'm going to call my sister and see if we can meet up with them.

I was in a blah mood today. Between the last few weeks at work & then no one saying anything to me yesterday about today and then the concert fiasco from last night I'm just not in a birthday celebrating mood. Plus next week at this time Bono and Edge and those other 2 guys will be singing to me....

Aww, I'm sorry you've been in a blah mood. :hug:

Here's Edge being silly. :)

nyahnyah.gif

:tsk: I give up...

My sister was so worried this morning that A&T weren't going to call or over tonight and she kept saying that I can go out with her tonight. Then my cousin called to wish me a happy birthday and my sister said that I should call her back to see if she wanted to come with. Then I said I didnt want a pity party and she kept saying she'd call my cousin. She never did. Now that A&T are coming over she's changed her tune and said she's not sure what she and her friends are going to do...meaning I'm not invited anymore. So it was just a pity party offer.

I don't want anyone else to come over today. I just want to crawl in bed and put in a U2 concert and sleep until Monday morning when I have to go back to work.

arw9797 said:
Today is my birthday :sigh: I'm officially 31. At least I have a job this year and I'm not living in my parents basement.

I got up late, then my parents, brother & sister came over and gave me gift cards to the Apple stores :drool: Then we all drove to a town called Stillwater, which is on the border of MN/WI. It's a cute little antique town with a new stores mixed in. My sister bought me 2 porcelain lemons :love: After that we drove around some older parts of St Paul and then to a restaurant I used to go to all the time with my grandma. A&T are coming over soon but I think I'm going to call my sister and see if we can meet up with them.

I was in a blah mood today. Between the last few weeks at work & then no one saying anything to me yesterday about today and then the concert fiasco from last night I'm just not in a birthday celebrating mood. Plus next week at this time Bono and Edge and those other 2 guys will be singing to me....

Porcelain lemons...too cute!!

I'm usually in a blah mood on my birthday too....but next week will be a different story...there are no blah moods allowed then! It will be :hyper:

I have to work tomorrow and in some ways I dont mind but then now that it's getting time to shower and think about it I dont want to go.

I think I will try to get to bed earlier since I have run some errands after work that I would normally have done in the morning.

arw9797 said:
:tsk: I give up...

My sister was so worried this morning that A&T weren't going to call or over tonight and she kept saying that I can go out with her tonight. Then my cousin called to wish me a happy birthday and my sister said that I should call her back to see if she wanted to come with. Then I said I didnt want a pity party and she kept saying she'd call my cousin. She never did. Now that A&T are coming over she's changed her tune and said she's not sure what she and her friends are going to do...meaning I'm not invited anymore. So it was just a pity party offer.

I don't want anyone else to come over today. I just want to crawl in bed and put in a U2 concert and sleep until Monday morning when I have to go back to work.

:hug:

My sister just called me back and said she doesn't know what I expected her to do :| She's gone out with me and my friends on my birthday in the past so I don't get it now. Whatever.

I went out tonight. A&T came over. I got a Best Buy gift card and some pumpkin cake :drool:

We met my sister and her 2 friends at a bar I've never been to before. I had a lot of rum and cokes :drunk: It ended up to be fun. It just didnt' feel like my birthday this year :shrug:

I got, so far, enough for 1/2 of an iPod. I also got Target and Best Buy gift cards. So I'm set for a while with shopping at my favorite places. :D I still have gifts coming from my great aunt and grandpa tomorrow and I'm sure my parents will give me another gift or buy me something when we go shopping tomorrow since she normally gives me $100 to a store and gifts. So far I just got the $100. All I really want is my iPod but I have to wait until after I get my gifts tomorrow night. I'm going to go on Monday after work :D

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:
Aww, I'm sorry you've been in a blah mood. :hug:

Here's Edge being silly. :)

nyahnyah.gif

:lol: that thing is awesome.

happy belated birthday, arw :wave:

i think i like this randoooom's title better than the long ones :shifty:

thanks for the birthday wishes! and listening to me whine about what a creepy day it was. I guess it wasn't so bad after all. I did what I wanted, going to Stillwater and Fabulous Ferns for dinner with my family. I got what I wanted, gift cards to the Apple store. At least I know I will not be walking into a mess or any sort of pressure at work tomorrow. I can work on some follow up stuff and just have a quiet day. The stress from work over the last few weeks has been really tough and I think that's probably why I didn't care about yesterday too much.

Last edited:
We got back from swimming lessons a little while ago and the youngest mini fah decided that she didn't want to swim today. We made her stand in the pool and watch all the other kids. Finally at the end of the lesson she decided it was time to swim :banghead:

And now they are refusing to clean up their various messes so no more fun stuff til it's done.

~end of rant~

And so, how is everyone else today?

I get to work nightshift tonight. :|

arw9797 said:
I went out tonight. A&T came over. I got a Best Buy gift card and some pumpkin cake :drool:

We met my sister and her 2 friends at a bar I've never been to before. I had a lot of rum and cokes :drunk: It ended up to be fun. It just didnt' feel like my birthday this year :shrug:

I got, so far, enough for 1/2 of an iPod. I also got Target and Best Buy gift cards. So I'm set for a while with shopping at my favorite places. :D I still have gifts coming from my great aunt and grandpa tomorrow and I'm sure my parents will give me another gift or buy me something when we go shopping tomorrow since she normally gives me $100 to a store and gifts. So far I just got the $100. All I really want is my iPod but I have to wait until after I get my gifts tomorrow night. I'm going to go on Monday after work :D

Sounds like it didnt turn out to be too bad of day after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom