Randoooooomers hunkering down for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I totally agree. I send follow ups all the time. Just send a note and say that you're just wondering what the status of the position is. Do a quick line about how you're still interested in the position and hope to hear back soon....I've gotten responses saying they're busy and weren't able to get back to me and then the next day a phone call saying I'm hired.

Since we're on the subject, I just applied to a part time pastry chef job. I think if I get an interview I will have to do a baking interview. I'm just not in the mood but I need a second job so I'll have to get in the creative mood very fast if they call me. It says it's at a hotel and part time with hours and days to be determined. Sounds awesome to me since I need a job where they would let me pick my shifts. I really like my current job but it's not something I needed to spend a zillion dollars getting a pastry degree for so I'd like to utilize that since I pay through the teeth each month in loans :happy:

I've done that with every place I can find a contact person for and even those people don't get back to me. :huh: The lady who phone interviewed me Monday is the ONLY one who has replied to my follow-ups (and that includes a guy I used to work with in Indy who was trying to hook me up down here; he moved here in June...), and her reply was, "Hopefully you'll hear something soon!" I understand there are a billion people looking for jobs, but we're kind of stuck in the house-buying department until we know something about me. And I'm going crazy and need to know more than, like, two people here...strangely enough they're both Interlanders, including my roomie...

I can't WAIT to see my friends in Indy next weekend. That has gotten me through the past two days. I just have to decide whose invitation for a place to stay we should accept. Cats or no cats? Just visit the stuff we left in M's fridge and closet, or stay with it for a few days? B-Rip or the 'burbs? So many choices...

Last edited:
Since we're on the subject, I just applied to a part time pastry chef job. I think if I get an interview I will have to do a baking interview. I'm just not in the mood but I need a second job so I'll have to get in the creative mood very fast if they call me. It says it's at a hotel and part time with hours and days to be determined. Sounds awesome to me since I need a job where they would let me pick my shifts. I really like my current job but it's not something I needed to spend a zillion dollars getting a pastry degree for so I'd like to utilize that since I pay through the teeth each month in loans :happy:

Picking shifts :drool: 'Tis the season for creativity in the kitchen; you'll be fine!

I've been trying the "picking shifts" thing too since I have the skating just about lined up for January, once I know what's up with the phone interview job that pays gazillions of dollars. I can't skate on that side of town and work full time on this side of town; the traffic will make it impossible to get out at 5 and be on the ice at 5:30 Mondays and Wednesdays.

I keep trying to click the forum jump box like an amputee tries to scratch a phantom itch. I just found out where it went, and since I go through increasingly long hiatuses, I'll stop complaining.

I just stumbled across the Facebook and You Tube channel for a girl who went to my junior high. On her You Tube, she claims she was bullied through junior high because of her "weight and her race". Um...she was overweight, but she's also white. She was a white girl in a mostly-white all-girls Catholic school. She was bullied in junior high maybe because of her weight (although God knows why because most of the bullies were big girls too), but mostly because she would sit in class and loudly snorck back whatever mucus had made its way into her sinuses in the last two minutes (the girl next to me in Algebra timed her one day). I don't mean to sound insensitive. Most girls in that school were none too nice to me, either, but I discovered that making myself invisible to the mean girls was the way to survive, NOT by drawing attention to myself and whining, "I'm congested!" when people told me to go blow my f'in nose in the ladies' room already, for God's sake.

I found her because she's FB friends with the girl who picked on me in art class in 8th grade and stole my lunch in 9th grade. That makes me laugh and think that Lunch Thief just has no idea what she was really like for a few years.

Went to a new dentist today (in the middle of an epic war with my dental insurance/enrollment company who keeps putting me back on the wrong plan, but I digress . . .).

Apparently I will need $6,000 of work done if they do everything on the treatment plan.:crack:

Went to a new dentist today (in the middle of an epic war with my dental insurance/enrollment company who keeps putting me back on the wrong plan, but I digress . . .).

Apparently I will need $6,000 of work done if they do everything on the treatment plan.:crack:

Holy crap, Kelly--come on, lottery!! :hug:

:crack:

they've mentioned this on the local news and now I've read it on various sports pages online that Jon Gruden could be in the running for the head coach job if the Vikes decide not to keep Leslie Frazier after the rest of this year. The only plus to him being our new coach would be then I wouldn't have to listen to his annoying voice every Monday night for 3 hours :happy: just a few seconds a day on the news during the sports segment. I hope Leslie Frazier is able to help pull out a few wins the rest of this year and then stays on next year. But then again, Tony Dungy has also been mentioned a zillion times and since he used to be a coordinator in MN long ago and was promoted to head coach from his coordinator position, I wouldn't mind it if he wanted to come back to MN either.

:barf: I just never had a good feeling about this season....

I just stumbled across the Facebook and You Tube channel for a girl who went to my junior high. On her You Tube, she claims she was bullied through junior high because of her "weight and her race". Um...she was overweight, but she's also white. She was a white girl in a mostly-white all-girls Catholic school. She was bullied in junior high maybe because of her weight (although God knows why because most of the bullies were big girls too), but mostly because she would sit in class and loudly snorck back whatever mucus had made its way into her sinuses in the last two minutes (the girl next to me in Algebra timed her one day). I don't mean to sound insensitive. Most girls in that school were none too nice to me, either, but I discovered that making myself invisible to the mean girls was the way to survive, NOT by drawing attention to myself and whining, "I'm congested!" when people told me to go blow my f'in nose in the ladies' room already, for God's sake.

I found her because she's FB friends with the girl who picked on me in art class in 8th grade and stole my lunch in 9th grade. That makes me laugh and think that Lunch Thief just has no idea what she was really like for a few years.

I'm really starting to hate FB school friends. It was fun at first to rediscover long lost friends online but now it's just become a nuisance of sorts. Some of them I've gone out with and it's been just great to have them back in my life while other are either just as annoying as they were 20 years ago or even worse. Plus I'm tired of the friend collectors that just friend me to make it look like they have more friends than they really do. You didn't talk to me in elementary, jr, or senior high so why in the world do we need to be "friends" online and why is it now ok for you to voice your opinion on my life when you didn't speak to me from the time we met at 5 years old until the time we graduated at 18? :der:

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

not used to dealing with sticks of butter anymore. They come in 1 pound blocks in the professional kitchens. I needed a 1/2 cup of butter so I added a 1/2 pound of butter to my gingersnap crust for my cheesecake. :scream: I had to hunt someone down at Super Target today to get the last box of gingersnaps from the top shelf, smashed them up in a bag using a wooden spoon only to ruin it by adding twice the amount of butter I need. I am NOT going anywhere near a grocery store now. :tsk: No thank you. My dad just got home from work and offered to go in a half hour after he sits a bit but that means my cheesecake won't go in for a good hour. Takes an hour and a half to bake....my bedtime is super early. Have to work at 4 am tomorrow :crack: I think my family will enjoy a crustless cheesecake. I've done it before but I was really looking forward to a gingersnap crust to go with the pumpkin. :sigh:

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

not used to dealing with sticks of butter anymore. They come in 1 pound blocks in the professional kitchens. I needed a 1/2 cup of butter so I added a 1/2 pound of butter to my gingersnap crust for my cheesecake. :scream: I had to hunt someone down at Super Target today to get the last box of gingersnaps from the top shelf, smashed them up in a bag using a wooden spoon only to ruin it by adding twice the amount of butter I need. I am NOT going anywhere near a grocery store now. :tsk: No thank you. My dad just got home from work and offered to go in a half hour after he sits a bit but that means my cheesecake won't go in for a good hour. Takes an hour and a half to bake....my bedtime is super early. Have to work at 4 am tomorrow :crack: I think my family will enjoy a crustless cheesecake. I've done it before but I was really looking forward to a gingersnap crust to go with the pumpkin. :sigh:

I LOVE grocery shopping, but I'm not going there today. I had my friend do my grocery shopping for my side dishes in Indy. He gets the $25 Marsh gift card our company gave out on Thanksgiving so he was going anyway.

I'm watching the Ghost Hunters marathon on SyFy. I know where their office is; it's on the alternate route to my rink. I forgot you told me they were from Rhode Island. I've even seen it without realizing what it was. Wicked cool, as we say. :D

Freezing rain here. Whee. Sure hope it changes to rain by the time I leave work.

I hope it's not like what we had over the weekend. :yikes: It was literally an ice rink. I think it was reported there were over 400 accidents on Sat night/Sun morning. There were so many complaints to the DOT that the sand trucks have been out in full force since. But I have new tires now so I'm not as terrified of winter as I was a few days ago. I'm happy it's going to be a white Thanksgiving with maybe even a fresh coat of white but after that I'm ready for spring weather!

:reject: I stopped at the pet store this afternoon and bought Wesley turkey for tomorrow. :der: I usually buy a case at a time but I forgot my coupon so I just grabbed a few cans to get him through to the weekend. When I saw the turkey I decided to get him a can for thursday. :cute: He's way more excited about his dinner when it's chicken vs fish (which I don't even bother to buy anymore) so I'm sure he'll like turkey. It all smells the same to me :barf:

I couldn't find Wesley this afternoon and ran all over the damn place looking for him. When I don't see or hear him for a bit I look for him because I never know what sort of trouble he's up to. Want to know where he was? In bed with me! :der: He was hiding on the other side of the blanket, sound asleep. Usually if he's in bed with me he'll follow me when I get up.

IMG00110-20101124-1500.jpg

I love watching him stalk ice cubes! :cute:

IMG00103-20101124-1333.jpg

he's a handsome devil! Hard to believe something so little and cute could cause so much trouble.

:yawn: I'm surprised I made it this late. Been up since 3 am and no nap. :yawn:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING randooomers! Can't wait for a day of football and food....oh yeah and family too. Going to venture out in the snow later this afternoon to bring my grandpa some pumpkin cheesecake. He's no longer able to leave the nursing home so we'll spend some time with him and then come home for more football and lots of foooood :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving. We spent the day at my brother's wife's sister's house. :D Good food, football, games--and when we left to come home (they live about 15 miles from us), it was snowing! It didn't amount to much, but it was so pretty to see. :love:

Hiya! Off today and decorating. I slept till 10 and honestly could sleep some more.
Worked 2:15am - 2:40 pm yesterday.
Being so short of help and it being busy has left me feeling tired and leave me alone-ish. Music is what is keeping me sane
Sorry for my absence. Will work on being better.
Kelly, hope your mouth is healing and feeling better soon. Keep on icing.
Wesley looks like a sleepy kitty in that pic :cute:

Glad everyone had good Thanksgivings :)

Back
Top Bottom