Randoooooomers hunkering down for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It has been a pound my head on the wall kind of day. Drinking wine. Friended someone on FB that I am not sure I should have.........If accepted, fine. If not, fine. I think the wine helped (or hurt, depends on how ya look at it).
Been dealing w/ bank and credit card people. The CC people say I didn't make a payment last month. I did. Real life sucks some days. I just want to live in a fun, non-confrontational, happy place.
At one of our stores a teenage mob wreaked havoc on store mdse. and displays and then proceeded to go thru the mall scaring people........by the time they got to Macy's a gunshot was fired outside the store. A teen was interviewed and asked why, his respose was they were looking to have some fun............fun? WTF?
Plus it is that time of year w/ rumors at work.
More wine...................

To add to previous post about FB, I can't seem to put a friend request in to the daughter of my late friend, tho. I don't know what it is. I start to cry when I make the attempt and then stop. It is odd. She sent me a Christmas card so I know she wants to stay in touch.......but why can't I?

Gorgeous desk! We have something similar from my grandparents that my father has custody of right now.
Love the giant cupcake too, btw.

thanks! The cupcake was a "welcome to Arizona" gift from my sister when I moved in. It was on my bed when I got there. Surprisingly, Wesley has no interest in it, unlike just about everything else I own. I tried to put picture frames on the table but he knocked those off in about 2 seconds so the cupcake it is.

It has been a pound my head on the wall kind of day. Drinking wine. Friended someone on FB that I am not sure I should have.........If accepted, fine. If not, fine. I think the wine helped (or hurt, depends on how ya look at it).
Been dealing w/ bank and credit card people. The CC people say I didn't make a payment last month. I did. Real life sucks some days. I just want to live in a fun, non-confrontational, happy place.
At one of our stores a teenage mob wreaked havoc on store mdse. and displays and then proceeded to go thru the mall scaring people........by the time they got to Macy's a gunshot was fired outside the store. A teen was interviewed and asked why, his respose was they were looking to have some fun............fun? WTF?
Plus it is that time of year w/ rumors at work.
More wine...................

that's not what I used to call fun as a teenager! And yes...real life does certainly suck as do banks and credit cards.

Not the rumors again....:yuck:

and as to your friend's daughter...just friend her. I have plenty of people that I never interact with but it's nice to at least have that contact if you want it.

Hope kelly is feeling better-er :)

About to go undecorate a Christmas tree..........mercy, how I hate doing that. Then I get to go run errands. Thus ends description of Shari's exciting day.

I worked really hard this week and my reward is three whole days off. I have nothing to do til Wed at 4 am :love: Some how I ended up working my usual amount of hours for both jobs in less days for this week and next so it worked out where I don't work for three days. I'm lucky if I get one day off a week lately and that day off generally involves some sort of baking project at home. But the only thing I have to do is finish up organizing in my room and going to lunch with my aunt on Monday. Sooooo excited to have time to do nothing. I might meet some friends for coffee on Tuesday but it depends on if I want to venture out in the cold. :heart:

slept in...stayed in bed for a few hours playing computer games...got up and ready for the day with the intentions of going to HP Books and Target but instead I went back to bed and took a 2 hour nap. Now it's time for fooootball so I'm not going anywhere.

3rd snowiest Minnesota winter on record....guess what it's doing outside right now? Yep. Snowing.

There's still a lot of winter left so it's possible that we'll beat the record. Yay. :|

my eyes hurt from watching those socks moving up and down the field. :crack:

I've heard lots of Cam Newton-Viking rumors that it will work for him to be drafted by the Vikings if the other teams ahead of the Vikings take other players/positions they need other than QB. Interesting. If that's the case then we'll have two rookie QB's next year :crazy: Tarvaris' contract is up this year :drool: so bubye. Won't miss you.

slept in...stayed in bed for a few hours playing computer games...got up and ready for the day with the intentions of going to HP Books and Target but instead I went back to bed and took a 2 hour nap. Now it's time for fooootball so I'm not going anywhere.

3rd snowiest Minnesota winter on record....guess what it's doing outside right now? Yep. Snowing.

There's still a lot of winter left so it's possible that we'll beat the record. Yay. :|

Lazy day :up: You have to have those every once in awhile.
Snow.........we got that today too. Tomorrow there will be more. I miss walking around my lake.

Lazy day :up: You have to have those every once in awhile.
Snow.........we got that today too. Tomorrow there will be more. I miss walking around my lake.

we're getting more tomorrow too. I went to lunch today with my great aunt and took her to run errands. I brought my camera and an extra hoodie so I could go to the lake after. Too yucky out and it was getting too close to rush hour. I think I'll go tomorrow just to check it out. Too cold and icy to walk.

I went to the lake....too cold so I didn't stay long. But as long as I was over in that part of town I decided to stop at the co-op to see if the had a few things I can't find at TJ's or the grocery store. I found one main item I was looking for and I know another one is sold at the co-op by my sister's so it wasn't that big of a deal. I also bought a fresh baked garlic bread for dinner tonight. :drool: So much for eating healthy :der:

I was trying to eat healthier but.....................with inventory this week not gonna happen.
People bring treats (and I will be one of them), fast food all sorts of crap.
I was warm enough at the lake but the snow was so pelty. I got home and was freezing. I have to go out and shovel after dinner so all the warmth I have gained back will be gone.

Was supposed to start at 6 a.m. tomorrow but boss called and said they changed the time to 8. He may regret that. The store opens at 9. We could have had 3 hours of inventory behind us before store opened.

All it takes for snow to be forecasted is to make plans. Saturday morning/lunch plans...........snow :| It is bad enough I have to miss the Packer game that night for inventory now my *fun* plans are getting messed with :huh:

seems so early for inventory but at least you'll get it over with. I haven't heard that word even mentioned at the store yet but I know it's this month. From what I remember about working at the other store (same company, I just transferred locations) a few years ago, we don't have to do much.

Had veggies with stir fry sauce, a salad, and sweet potato for dinner with the bread so I don't feel like my dinner was as unhealthy as it could have been. Plus...lots o'wine :drunk: My parents have a glass with dinner every night but I just have water or diet 7 up. For whatever reason my dad put out 3 glasses last night so I had some. Wasn't so bad so I had some again tonight.

My dad was out snowblowing this afternoon while the plow guys were cleaning up the neighborhood. I heard them come over and jokingly give him an earful that he's taking away their job. I have no idea why he wastes his time doing this, especially since the guys were out. They get paid by the hour so anytime any of the neighbors ask for extra work in their yards they happily do it since it adds more time to their day.

I'm taking this stuff one day at a time so I don't even know the forecast past tomorrow. Doesn't really matter at this point. At least it's been above 0. I expected it to be well below. I'll take the snow, as much of a hassle it is, and keep the temps in the teens or even twenties.

three days off flew by...feels like it was three minutes. :( Back at it in full swing with both jobs tomorrow :happy: At least I have a nice break in between where I can take a long nap. :drool:

I am all over the place. Can't concentrate on anything. Music, movies, tv, books, internet....nothing. It is going to be that way until after the new fiscal year starts at work. I just hate the atmosphere that settles into that place at this time of year. Christmas wasn't stressful enough.........then inventory and then ??????????????

Plus inventory grinch said no treats...........so no baking. Used to be a fun place.

lame! :down: There's always room for treats! Especially when it's baked stuff.

Kelly the pic you posted of Wally in the cat thread is so cute! It's freezing here so my little prince has fleece blankets all over the house to snuggle up on when he's home alone. He likes to snuggle up next to me or my mom to keep warm the rest of the day. Right now he's with my mom and I want him with me! I love the little purring ball of heat under the covers with me. :cute:

the score of the football game was 28-14-Packers ( :angry: ) before I went to take a quick shower. I'm horrified at the score....42-14 :angry: WTF :angry::angry::angry:

Oh wait, Falcons just scored :rolleyes:

:barf:

This football season just keeps getting better and better! :happy: My team ripped my heart out and stomped on it just like they do every year but this year hurts a bit more after doing last year even though last year was just the ultimate let down. :angry:

Now I have to deal with this: Bears vs Packers in the NFC title game. My biggest nightmare. One of those teams goes to the super bowl. :| I almost threw up at work today when I found out the Bears won. :barf:

:happy: oh how great....next weekend is supposed to be the coldest weekend of the season. How fitting. :| Plus, more snow is coming tonight and tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom