Randoooooomers hunkering down for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
have I ever mentioned my mad crazy love affair with Bruce Dickinson?!!?! :drool::drool::drool: Oh maybe I have once or twice....

He could sing the phone book (so could Bono) and I would melt into a puddle. I freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE him :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I'm listening to a mix of Maiden/Bruce, U2, Gaelic Storm with both Patrick and Steve on vocals while baking. So far I haven't done much and I've been in the kitchen for two hours. :reject:

yeah it was pouring snow all day and then stopped just as they were letting the fans in for the game. Bummer. :( But good for me I guess because that means the plows will start earlier tonight and I'll have a clean road in the morning. Weird to see the Vikings running across the Gopher logos.

Glad to hear about her surgery. When does she go home?

yeah it was pouring snow all day and then stopped just as they were letting the fans in for the game. Bummer. :( But good for me I guess because that means the plows will start earlier tonight and I'll have a clean road in the morning. Weird to see the Vikings running across the Gopher logos.

Glad to hear about her surgery. When does she go home?

As of right now, the plan is for her to go home on Thursday, but we'll see.

Oh good to hear Kelly :) Hope it does resolve the problem.
Slip Sliding Away is the song going thru my head as I watch this game

Glad your mom is doing well, Kelly! That sounds like a very traumatic surgery, week before Christmas or otherwise.

I just went to my old favorite RI radio station's website to listen to my old favorite DJ recite "The Night Before Christmas", hit the wrong button, and found myself listening to the station broadcasting Where the Streets Have No Name instead.

The recitation is not as creepy as I was hoping...he's trying to sound British; not like he's spent the last 50 years smoking pot.

Speaking of smoking pot, that's how my mom sounded today when I spoke with her :lol: - she's getting painkillers plus valium (to keep her back muscles loose).

So far she said that the pain's not as bad as when she had her hysterectomy, so that's good.

I think my sister is actually worse. She's in the middle of an epic stomach virus :yikes:. It made her so dizzy she fell yesterday at work and at first they wanted to call an ambulance for her :reject:. She thought it was food poisoning because she got sick right after she went to McDonald's yesterday, but then she found out there's something going around work.

Speaking of work, I am sooooo tired of my idiot employee.:doh:

Speaking of smoking pot, that's how my mom sounded today when I spoke with her :lol: - she's getting painkillers plus valium (to keep her back muscles loose).

So far she said that the pain's not as bad as when she had her hysterectomy, so that's good.

I think my sister is actually worse. She's in the middle of an epic stomach virus :yikes:. It made her so dizzy she fell yesterday at work and at first they wanted to call an ambulance for her :reject:. She thought it was food poisoning because she got sick right after she went to McDonald's yesterday, but then she found out there's something going around work.

Speaking of work, I am sooooo tired of my idiot employee.:doh:
Geez, when it rains it pours. Hope the family is better by Christmas. Hang in there w/ your favorite employee.

Had my first meltdown of the season yesterday. Not too bad when it comes the week of Christmas. Just got sick of people whining/complaining/yelling. Then a co-worker wanted OUT at the time she was scheduled to leave. There were only 3 of us covering the WHOLE home store. I knew I would be staying past my scheduled time off. The whole day was just bad. I can do 3 more days.

2 days.
Kinda got into it with co-worker who annoys me.
I started earlier and was scheduled to leave at 3:30. She came in later was scheduled to leave at 3:45. I had resigned myself to be there until 4 when the next crew came in. Huge line and she grabs her purse at 3:30. I saw that from the corner of my eye. In front of all the customers I said to her, "Really? Your going to leave? I was scheduled to leave at 3:30".... it was 3:40. She looks at me, purse in hand and says, "I was supposed to leave at 3". I look at schedule and say, "I see a schedule that says 3:45 for you".........she looks at me and puts her pursed away. She stays. Next shift came in at 4 and I looked at him and said, "you can slide right into here and take my place."

I stayed my extra 35 minutes.............she can stay her extra 35 minutes until the next person comes in.

I had one of those visualization things going, where I could see myself pounce on her teeth bared like a tiger whenever she annoyed me. It happened several times.

Did I mention 2 days left?

Shari...I feel your pain. Been working my retail job for the past 2 weeks for extra money. Although we don't generally have crazy situations since we're just a small retail store with our own brand name clothes and rules to follow (think Gap, Express, etc) it still gets busy and the customers have been so needy. But any crazies get directed to the managers so it's fairly stress free other than having to assist last minute desperate shoppers. HOWEVER....we do a crapload of catalog orders which is a completely different animal. I happen to work 8 hour shifts on Sunday and Monday (by choice since I'm poor :happy: ). It's going to be a nightmare. People come in with all sorts of junk and no paperwork. The before Christmas rush is a walk in the park at our store the compared to the after holiday returns. :sigh: I work tons next week but I keep telling myself that I just need to be thankful the store manager is so laid back and cool that she let me come back after I quit last month. I'm very grateful for the hours she's given me and the shifts I've been able to pick up from my coworkers. My pocketbook will be very happy in the coming weeks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of my Randooooomer friends! Hope Santa brings you everything on your list! :D

I'm off to see the girls (Roxy and Lily!) and then spend the evening with the family doing our traditional Christmas non Christmas meal!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

This December is now the SNOWIEST December on record in Minnesota!!!!!!!!

:crack:

We went driving around looking at the lights in all of our usual spots. People either didn't have their lights on because there's so much snow that you can barely see anything or if they did have them on, there's so much snow that you can barely see anything. :angry:

Less than 90 days til spring. :sigh: We went to the lakes that I live at during the summer. Can't wait to get back there in less than 90 days :drool:

It snowed all day Friday and is still snowing at 2:53 a.m. Saturday (It's Christmas! :hyper:) Fortunately, it is a very light, feathery snow; and only about 4 inches have accumulated. Talk about a White Christmas! :love:

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of my Randooooomer friends! Hope Santa brings you everything on your list! :D

I'm off to see the girls (Roxy and Lily!) and then spend the evening with the family doing our traditional Christmas non Christmas meal!

Merry Christmas to all of the Randoooooomers! :hug:

Thank you and thank you :)

Merry Christmas to celebrating Randoooomers too!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

This December is now the SNOWIEST December on record in Minnesota!!!!!!!!

:crack:

We went driving around looking at the lights in all of our usual spots. People either didn't have their lights on because there's so much snow that you can barely see anything or if they did have them on, there's so much snow that you can barely see anything. :angry:

Less than 90 days til spring. :sigh: We went to the lakes that I live at during the summer. Can't wait to get back there in less than 90 days :drool:
Yay Minnesota! :happy:
Went out walking last night at a time when people were heading to church and family. Not a lot of lights on either.

:love:Spring:love: Been watching new merchandise roll in: clothing, table cloths and swimsuits .............Spring is on its way :hyper:

Of course have to get thru up to 8 inches of lake effect snow today/tonight and tomorrow :happy:

:crack: Vikings game postponed due to snow and it's not a game in MN :der: Just like the past few weeks, I think this postponement was an act of Brett Favre so he can have a few extra days to recover from his injuries. :der::der::der:

:crack: Vikings game postponed due to snow and it's not a game in MN :der: Just like the past few weeks, I think this postponement was an act of Brett Favre so he can have a few extra days to recover from his injuries. :der::der::der:

:lol:

Since the game isn't on, we're watching "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--always a good choice! :D

P.S. Colts won!

:lol:

Since the game isn't on, we're watching "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--always a good choice! :D

P.S. Colts won!

I watched all 3 movies twice when I was sick in Nov...I was sick for so long that I watched one a day for a week. :der: I finally got the Princess Bride on dvd so that's my next rerun movie to watch. I usually get Netflix for the winter but I'm not too excited about anything that was out over the summer. So if I want to see anything I'll have my parents get it for me from theirs. But for now I'm happy to watch the oldies but goodies over and over. Going to add Murder by Death to that soon. I always watch it on cold, winter days. :drool:

:up: for your Colts. Don't even care what the Vikings do the rest of the year since it doesn't matter. :sigh: I just hope we end up with a better record than the Lions. How embarrassing to tie or be last in the division when you have a team like the Lions in your division.

That Brett, he is SO special :happy:
For the record that is the general consensus here. We are a cynical people when it comes to HIM.
They just said he hasn't been cleared to play tomorrow night. Awwww shuckies.
I can't even hide my contempt for him anymore. Go away.............shoo, shooo.

GEDC0192.jpg

Look what you can do with a frozen window! :)

John Gruden has officially turned into John Madden. JM used to repeat the same football terms in one sentence to try to make a point. JG does the same thing. I think he said nickel defense or something like that 3 times within a 1 second point he was trying to make. However, JG and JM don't say anything nearly as annoying as Cris Collingsworth and his "Mike Vick, Mike Vick, Mike Vick...." Everyone else calls the dude Michael but for some reason CC calls him MikeVickMikeVickMikeVick and has to repeat MikeVick a gazillion times. :madwife:

Back
Top Bottom