randoooooom: you are dead to me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

my mom paid for the only time we've flown. every other time we drove and she paid for gas. :(

Each of the 5 times I've seen them I have had to travel at least 100 kms. Once to Melbourne which was... train -> plane -> bus -> concert -> bus -> plane -> car :happy:

I would rate them the same. Although I do like I See Red.

I'm keen to see where Message rates within there. Then we are on our way to dicovering your Inner-Finn. :D

Dirty Creature's too funky. When they played it at Sydney the whole place was just jiving around like it was the early 70's... toooooooo wicked. My favourite memory of the whole week. :hyper:

timothius said:
I'm keen to see where Message rates within there. Then we are on our way to dicovering your Inner-Finn. :D

Dirty Creature's too funky. When they played it at Sydney the whole place was just jiving around like it was the early 70's... toooooooo wicked. My favourite memory of the whole week. :hyper:
message is way up there. i'm such a girl, i love love songs :love:

yes it is funky :drool: i love songs like that.

Message is nice. It is a reasonable love song. It's not just.... I love you. It's I want to say I love you, but I can't, it's a bit too difficult - it's complicated. Which is life :)

Neil writes georgous love songs. But he hates them. I think he has written 3 love songs in 30 years.

I've gotta send you Fraction Too Much Friction. You will either hate it or love it. Whatever way you will think its dorky. :hyper:

timothius said:
Message is nice. It is a reasonable love song. It's not just.... I love you. It's I want to say I love you, but I can't, it's a bit too difficult - it's complicated. Which is life :)

Neil writes georgous love songs. But he hates them. I think he has written 3 love songs in 30 years.

I've gotta send you Fraction Too Much Friction. You will either hate it or love it. Whatever way you will think its dorky. :hyper:
awww, that's so dorky and sweet :cute:

send it!!! dorky songs :love:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hmm:

oh now i'm getting solo stuff? no more enz? :sad:

This was made during Enz. It was written while the Enz were on tour... but didn't fit with the band. Escapade was like Passangers I suppose.

More Enz on the way, including Neil's best Enz song which Axver & I fawn over. :drool:

timothius said:
This was made during Enz. It was written while the Enz were on tour... but didn't fit with the band. Escapade was like Passangers I suppose.

More Enz on the way, including Neil's best Enz song which Axver & I fawn over. :drool:
:hmm: so far i can tell you i prefer split enz over crowded house. i do like some of the crowded house songs you sent me though. but it's not a surprise as i prefer early 80s music over mid to late 80s music in general. :D

timothius said:
Yeah. Enz are more Duranie (from what I gather). Very 80's Nu-Wave (at least from the 3rd album on... the first 2 albums would blow your mind). :combust:
:hmm: what were their first two albums?

i just remembered a little tidbit on dd's site when a fan asked them what it was like opening for split enz:

Hi, A question for Nick regarding Duran Duran opening for Split Enz in 1981. Were you a fan of Split Enz and was it a learning experience touring with them. In 2002 at a Neil Finn NY show at the Irving Plaza he mentioned that it was great having Duran Duran open for them in 1981 and how few years later Split Enz called it a day while Duran Duran went on to acheive tremendous success. Thanks, Munadel.

"We were thrilled to be opening for Split Enz as both John and I were fans and had seen the band play at Birmingham Barbarellas during Punk Days. As for learning, you learn something from every show you play! NR"

(NR is nick rhodes btw)

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hmm: what were their first two albums?

i just remembered a little tidbit on dd's site when a fan asked them what it was like opening for split enz:

Hi, A question for Nick regarding Duran Duran opening for Split Enz in 1981. Were you a fan of Split Enz and was it a learning experience touring with them. In 2002 at a Neil Finn NY show at the Irving Plaza he mentioned that it was great having Duran Duran open for them in 1981 and how few years later Split Enz called it a day while Duran Duran went on to acheive tremendous success. Thanks, Munadel.

"We were thrilled to be opening for Split Enz as both John and I were fans and had seen the band play at Birmingham Barbarellas during Punk Days. As for learning, you learn something from every show you play! NR"

(NR is nick rhodes btw)

:combust:

Thanks for that. Neil & Tim are very gracious about things like that. They are so well respected in music circles on some huge level. I mean Johnny Marr (Smiths), Eddie Vedder (PJ), Phil Selway, Ed O'Brien (RHead), Sheryl Crow, Jim Monguine (Midnight Oil), Paul McCartney, members of Wilco, Bic Runga these are the kind of guys that want to collaborate with them. Every gig I go to I run into famous Aussie musicians, Peter Garret, Jet, Jimmy Barnes (who you would know being a INXS groupie - he is like a God in Aus). So yeah nearly all muso's dig them the only guy who has bagged them is Johnny Rotten... and well... not much cred.

Thanks for that info. History Never Repeats is coming. It rules all :drool: :up: :combust:

timothius said:
:combust:

Thanks for that. Neil & Tim are very gracious about things like that. They are so well respected in music circles on some huge level. I mean Johnny Marr (Smiths), Eddie Vedder (PJ), Phil Selway, Ed O'Brien (RHead), Sheryl Crow, Jim Monguine (Midnight Oil), Paul McCartney, members of Wilco, Bic Runga these are the kind of guys that want to collaborate with them. Every gig I go to I run into famous Aussie musicians, Peter Garret, Jet, Jimmy Barnes (who you would know being a INXS groupie - he is like a God in Aus). So yeah nearly all muso's dig them the only guy who has bagged them is Johnny Rotten... and well... not much cred.

Thanks for that info. History Never Repeats is coming. It rules all :drool: :up: :combust:
you're welcome. :D you're lucky to run into famous people. unfortunately i've never run into any famous people at any concerts. other than meeting dd's opening act, stimulator, this past time, i've never met any musicians. once my ex swore he saw kevin bacon as we were walking past tower records but he's not a proper musician anyway, so. :D

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've never run into any famous people at any concerts. other than meeting dd's opening act, stimulator, this past time, i've never met any musicians. once my ex swore he saw kevin bacon as we were walking past tower records but he's not a proper musician anyway, so. :D

Every concert :yes:

I even met Sam Neill at theirs last year. Famous actor... Jurrassic Park, Wimbeldon, AI. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom