Randoooooom Curling Calendar Girls and The Flying Tomatos who Tolerate Them!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meg is a Skating Geek Part 2:
This is Mishketunok & Dmitirev's 1994 long program music.

:nerd:

kellyahern said:
yay, it's over! Time for bed. On to ice dancing, where no one falls . . . hopefully :wave:
You've never seen me ice dance. :wink:

Compulsories tomorrow! YAY!! Talk about skating geek!

:wave: Night!

Edit: The prescribed compulsory dance is the Ravensburger Waltz. I think that's a pretty one...and that comes from someone who does not enjoy waltzes. I'm more of a jaunty foxtrot gal, myself.

Dammit, who got the thread up to three stars??? :grumpy: Is it trolling if I go and try to change the rating back to one with an alter, even if I was the thread starter?

Skating humor.................................
It is the Olympic men's figure skating. Out comes the
Russian competitor, he skates around to some classical music
in a slightly dull costume, performs some excellent leaps
but without any great artistic feel for the music.

The Judges' scores read: Britain 5.8: Russia 5.9: United
States 5.5: Ireland 6.0

Next comes the American competitor in a sparkling stars and
stripes costume, skating to some rock and roll music. He
gets the crowd clapping, but is not technically as good as
the Russian. He slightly misses landing a triple Salchow and
loses the center during a spin. But, artistically, it is a
more satisfying performance.

The Judges' scores read: Britain 5.8: Russia 5.5: United
States 5.9: Ireland 6.0

Finally out comes the Irish competitor wearing a tatty old
donkey jacket, with his skates tied over his wellies. He
reaches the ice, trips straight away and bangs his nose
which starts bleeding. He tries to get up, staggers a few
paces then slips again. He spends his entire 'routine'
getting up then falling over again. Finally he crawls off the
ice a tattered and bleeding mess.

The Judges' scores read: Britain 0.0: Russia 0.0: United
States 0.0: Ireland 6.0

The other 3 judges turn to the Irish judge and demand in
unison, "How the hell can you give that mess 6.0?!"

To which the Irish judge replies "You've gotta remember,
it's damn slippery out there."
:shifty:

:shifty: I'm not trolling in my own thread, really.

I have three birthday pm's...one from last year and two from this year!

Okay, back to the regular name and then off to bed...gotta be at work at 8 and I still haven't shaken this nasty cough!

Yeah, it sucks...I can't even enjoy my hoarse voice with it. I would be laughing at my voice all day long if I didn't have a massive coughing fit every time I tried to laugh.

Someone's description on televisionwithoutpity of Plushenko's program last night (I thought Schmeg might get a kick out of it):

skate skate skate with arms hanging down... jump!... skate skate skate with arms flailing around... jump!... skate skate skate... jump!... skate skate skate... jump! spaz around spaz around swat some flies swat some flies... skate skate skate... jump!... jump!... jump!

Hee! :lol:

also
his desperate struggle with invisible biting squirrels.

Last edited:
I don't know how I feel about this....Amy wants me to come over tonight to rent movies tonight and order a pizza. I am SO tired :scream: I said ok but then I thought maybe I should have said no. I wanted to do some shopping tonight and then go to bed early. I told her I would do that but she'll have to come to my place. Now I just want to sleep. I was up so late last night reading about Anthony :love:

I've had a touch of some stomach thing since last night that came out of nowhere. I though I was going to throw up in the trash can when I was standing and watching the new sup do payroll stuff to make sure it was right. To top it all off I ended up at work an hour over my end time while she took an escalated call that I took but the customer wanted to talk to someone else beyond me. At one point she put the customer on hold and left the call center...I was like....

:ohmy: What the :censored:?

1. Biting squirrels: :lmao:

2. Slow day at work: :down:

3. Leaving the call center with angry customers on the phone: :huh:

Oh and I forgot to mention that she did not like what AR or I kept telling in regard to the call and almost insisted that we should be able to do what the customer wanted to do even though we dont have that as an option at all...she got a little testy in the end.

:happy: You must love her!

I'm stressing out about taping the Olympics for my mom.

I should eat somethign and I should REALLY have done laundry but I have all day Sunday.

My typing is utter crap tonight and you'll be reading this post after several revisions.

Do they have our pages up yet? :hyper:

I read an article in TV Guide about how the US Women's Curling Team is not only from Minnesota and talented, but also pretty so you should watch curling for the pretty. :|

Met Bruce at Ben Franks for lunch (dinner?) and a good catch up. From there we headed to Universal City to see a demo of some 3D IMAX test footage of U2 which was shot on the last leg of the tour. This followed by drinks and nosh with the IMAX team in the bar next door where, completely by coincidence, we ran into Frederic Opsomer, the Belgian L.E.D. wizz, builder of the PopMart and Vertigo video screens. Who just happened to be in town. And in that bar. (Of all the gin joints in all the world etc… looks like this could be one of those tours.)

Just found the above in Willies diary......................:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom