Randooooomers surviving the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate what they did to facebook. HATE IT!!!!! I can't stand that stalker bar they've added to the right hand side. So now EVERYONE I know can see in real time anything I say to anyone else on this site. I barely comment on anyone's stuff anyways but the idea that whatever I say is going to be open for anyone to see and then look into the conversation just bothers me. Even more so, any comment that's made on a picture is now on that right side so that means if someone posts on one of my pictures then their entire friends list can see the comment and then see my picture. I'm not about to go back into my albums and change the settings. I thought FB was making things more private but it seems like they are doing the complete opposite.

my sister and her boyfriend just bought a house and are moving in this weekend. I was surprised to find out this random fact: it was built 54 years ago and the original owner, who just passed away at the age of 92, lived in the house the entire time. My sister did not want to ask the daughter if he (or his wife) died in the house or a hospital/nursing home. I'm not sure I'd want to know that either. :yikes: My grandparents house is still in the family 50+ years later but they weren't the original owners. I guess most elderly people I've known retire to some sort of smaller living space at some point. Weird to think someone could live in the same place for so long and not do much work to the house. The basement isn't finished and there's no garage. Both rare for these parts, especially the no garage thing. I wonder where they'll keep their lawnmower. Since there's no garage they won't have to worry about a snowblower for a driveway. There's also a few wall units that look like they've been there for 54 years. I think they plan on remodeling and upgrading some of the stuff. Really cute house but it definitely has an older, outdated feel to it.

I went to a baby shower today for one of my cousins. There were at least 30 people so that meant that many gifts plus the gifts of people who couldn't make it :crack: She didn't register for much so everyone gave her clothes and blankets. It made for a very long afternoon!

that might be better for me to watch than the Gopher game. I'm so upset right now with Minnesota football. :sigh: I hope the Vikings do some good tomorrow than they have so far and also than the Gophers are doing right now. I can't take much more of this. :sad:

2 apple strudels and 1 apple galette baking in the oven, Summit beer, football on TV, falling leaves, and a slight chill in the air. I guess this fall thing isn't that bad. Just hate what it leads into. I already miss summer :sigh: but I'm really enjoying football being back.

thanks! I made them for a holiday later this week but couldn't resist trying one. Of course then the parents had some and my brother wanted to take some home...so now there's not quite as much as I had hoped. But it's just the start of apple season so I'm sure I'll be making lots more stuff, especially since I finally bought one of those little gadgets that peels, cores, and cuts all at once. I've always used those at work so I finally broke down and bought one this morning. So much easier! We have a holiday next week also and for that one we always have apple crisp with cinnamon ice cream :love:

Heat index is still over 100 here :yuck:

Heat index at Disney and Universal was 99......ick. Felt it loads more at Universal cuz their stuff has more lines outside.

There have been better vacations. Broke a tooth and have to make appt. with dentist. Oh, good times. At least it was a tooth with a root canal so there wasn't any pain. Just a large broken area. I am sooooo dental phobic that I am actually making myself sick thinking about this.
Also managed to screw up the knee. About Thursday evening I looked down and my ankle was totally swollen, as was my foot. It went down overnight but then when I walked on it, it swelled up again. I have not done much of anything today. I started to do stuff, it swelled up again. Crap. Knee is sore and making cracking noises. I am hoping that I just twisted it and it will calm down.
N screwed up her foot getting on Spiderman at Universal. Swollen foot and pain. She thinks it is a ligament.......I wonder if it is a stress fracture.
We were both troopers. We moved slower and still managed to have a good time.

Bedtime.

the Vikings and the Colts are both 0-3 :|

The Vikings lost to the Lions at home for the first time in 13 years. Having the Lions play in MN has always been a guaranteed W. The Lions are now 3-0. The LIONS :scream: WTF.

I'll never give up cheering for my team but I think right now I really would like another team to root for this year just so my Sundays aren't as painful as they have been the past 3 weeks. :sigh:

Shari if the Vikings don't win next week...please feel free to post the Money Pit clip. :sigh:

Heat index at Disney and Universal was 99......ick. Felt it loads more at Universal cuz their stuff has more lines outside.

There have been better vacations. Broke a tooth and have to make appt. with dentist. Oh, good times. At least it was a tooth with a root canal so there wasn't any pain. Just a large broken area. I am sooooo dental phobic that I am actually making myself sick thinking about this.
Also managed to screw up the knee. About Thursday evening I looked down and my ankle was totally swollen, as was my foot. It went down overnight but then when I walked on it, it swelled up again. I have not done much of anything today. I started to do stuff, it swelled up again. Crap. Knee is sore and making cracking noises. I am hoping that I just twisted it and it will calm down.
N screwed up her foot getting on Spiderman at Universal. Swollen foot and pain. She thinks it is a ligament.......I wonder if it is a stress fracture.
We were both troopers. We moved slower and still managed to have a good time.

Bedtime.

OMG...what is up with you and vacation injuries?!?! Glad you had a good time despite all of that. Can't wait to see your pictures!

^ Good question. Just called dentist office and made appt. for Wed. I think I mentioned dental phobic about 5 times. Wednesday will be fun.

I am hoping that walking 12 miles a day at Disney with short stops, dodging, shifting was the reason for the swelling issues in the ankle and foot. Will find out today at work.

:| I went shopping for jeans today. That's almost as bad as swimwear shopping :yikes: Didn't find anything. Damn the Gap for getting rid of the most perfect jeans ever....the classic bootcut. I haven't found a decent pair of jeans in two years. Someday they'll bring them back but right now they're sticking with the same trend as all other retailers; everyone thinks all women are now tall and skinny :happy: The short and round girls don't have a chance with the cuts the past few years. Don't even get me started on shirts....

4:00 is just not the same anymore without Oprah. I didn't always watch every show but I liked having the option. I'm not really that thrilled with Ellen.

:| I went shopping for jeans today. That's almost as bad as swimwear shopping :yikes: Didn't find anything. Damn the Gap for getting rid of the most perfect jeans ever....the classic bootcut. I haven't found a decent pair of jeans in two years. Someday they'll bring them back but right now they're sticking with the same trend as all other retailers; everyone thinks all women are now tall and skinny :happy: The short and round girls don't have a chance with the cuts the past few years. Don't even get me started on shirts....

I have my best luck jean-wise with good ol' LEE. Our Gap closed up shop at the mall mid-summer.

4:00 is just not the same anymore without Oprah. I didn't always watch every show but I liked having the option. I'm not really that thrilled with Ellen.
Not a fan of Oprah at all.
I am much happier with Ellen. Got a hoot out of her at the Energy pavilion at Disney last week.

Long first day back. Boss was off today but he called just after store opened. His brother died so he has to fly down to FL later in the week. Poor guy is gonna be drained from the quick flight down and back and then be at the store at the buttcrack of dawn on Sunday. The shifting of depts. starts on Sunday morning and then continues M, T, W. Have to be there at 7 on Sunday and 6 the following days. Any further dental appts. will be after 3:30.

I have my best luck jean-wise with good ol' LEE. Our Gap closed up shop at the mall mid-summer.

Lee has too much stretch in their waist. Even the ones that don't say "stretch" on them. I just gave away some denim capri's by Lee last month. I tried on some at Eddie Bauer last year that I liked but I think I was holding out for a trip to their store at the outlet mall...which I never did. I think maybe next weekend I'm going to run out there. Just didn't have the energy to drive all that way today.

The swelling is down but the knee still aches. Will go down in time..........
Hopefully.
Can only have one health crises at a time.........too costly. Tooth first. Got a gut feeling there will be a root canal involved :crack:. Will find out tomorrow. :crack:

day two of jeans shopping from hell....had about 2 hours in between work and my hair appointment so I stopped at the mall. Eddie Bauer...no thank you. I didn't even try them on. Their jeans are now $65! That's way more than I spent at the Gap 2 years ago when I bought my last round of my beloved classic bootcut. I don't even know if they have anything comparable to what I want but with that price I'm not interested in finding out. The outlet store really isn't that much cheaper so I'm not sure if I want to drive a half hour to find out. Then I went to American Eagle. I know I tried on the boyfriend cut last year and really liked them but they were the kind with holes in the knees so I didn't get them. The last time I had jeans with holes in my knees it was 1988 and I was wearing a Def Leppard tee. :der: I tried on two different styles today and both were ridiculously long :angry: but otherwise I loved them. I refuse to spend money to get jeans hemmed.

super excited....had my dad call today about getting Showtime for Oct so I can see the U2 documentary. Not only was he able to get that (and HBO for free for 3 months!) but he was able to upgrade my cable box for only $5.00 a month so now I'll be able to watch NFL Network and BBC in my room :hyper: We only have those channels, well and lots more that I'd like to watch, on the TV on our porch. Not only do I not understand my dad's crazy remote control setup with the world's largest remote, but that TV is always in use by the parents when we're all home so not a chance that I'd be able to use it. I said I would pay for the extra $5.00 on the bill :rolleyes: I have been asking about a new cable box since I got my grandpa's flat screen tv last winter so I'm glad he was finally able to fit it into his "busy" semi retired schedule.

Best route: implant :happy:
Plus that last wisdom tooth that I have has to come out :happy:

implant :yikes:

I had all of my wisdom teeth out at the same time. Well, first I had 4 teeth pulled, then I had braces for 3 years in which most of that time I had to wear super tiny little rubber bands all day every day to the point that I could barely open my mouth to speak, THEN immediately following those long 3 years, I had my wisdom teeth out, then I had 3 fillings done. Now if that's not enough to give one a dental phobia I don't know what is. I was 12 when this all started and 16 when it ended. Fun times :happy:

Best route: implant :happy:
Plus that last wisdom tooth that I have has to come out :happy:

implant? Oh, that's not good :reject:. Is it a visible tooth (you can see it when you smile) or is it one in the back and they can just pull it and you wouldn't miss it? The molar I had pulled was way in the back and I said pull it because an implant would be ridiculously expensive. Pulling it was still expensive, but an implant was like Money Pit laughing money.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth out when I was 19. The fillings/root canals/crowns didn't start until much later. When I got into my 30s, my teeth decided to revolt against me. This year, I think I've spent easily over $3,000 on my teeth since November when I had the molar pulled. I "finished" the dental rebuilding project of my mouth in July, but I have a check up next month. My mother said, "Don't let them do anything else!"

My sympathies :hug:. Tell them to give you good drugs for the wisdom tooth.

implant? Oh, that's not good :reject:. Is it a visible tooth (you can see it when you smile) or is it one in the back and they can just pull it and you wouldn't miss it? The molar I had pulled was way in the back and I said pull it because an implant would be ridiculously expensive. Pulling it was still expensive, but an implant was like Money Pit laughing money.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth out when I was 19. The fillings/root canals/crowns didn't start until much later. When I got into my 30s, my teeth decided to revolt against me. This year, I think I've spent easily over $3,000 on my teeth since November when I had the molar pulled. I "finished" the dental rebuilding project of my mouth in July, but I have a check up next month. My mother said, "Don't let them do anything else!"

My sympathies :hug:. Tell them to give you good drugs for the wisdom tooth.

Oh it is a very visible tooth, front left :happy:. That is why implant is the best option.
I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled already.......that was just with novocaine. I had no trouble with that so I am hoping for the same with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom