Randooooom: Khanada will edit this later

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well at least she was replaced by two people who aren't going anywhere anytime soon and that I really like working for/with. She won't have anything to do with my team but she has a bunch of buddies in my area so I'm sure I'll see her and hear her annoying laugh. I have not made it a secret to anyone that I didn't like her or her management style or the way she treated me or my relief and joy when she announced she was leaving. So most people there know I'm not happy with this news and I couldn't give a crap if she ever finds out. She already talked to me like I was an idiot last week when I saw her. :madspit:

Queen Bee said:

Do you have a microphone on your computer? You should totally record a sound file of yourself saying whatever you want (read names from the phone book :drool:) and upload it to YSI for us to drool over. :yes:

I have a mic, really crappy one:hmm:

You're relly that desperate that you want to listen to me talk:|

Queen Bee said:
Yeah, likewise! My play counts on my iPod are also drastically different from my play counts on iTunes. I can't wait for that iPod development. :drool:
i remember the last time i played my ipod. :(

the day i got my gum surgery done back in february :down:

the rockin edge said:
I have a mic, really crappy one:hmm:

You're relly that desperate that you want to listen to me talk:|
of course we are :drool:

eng101.gif
really
eng101.gif

Queen Bee said:
Tim-Tam, did you watch the rest of Rockstar: INXS last night? What did you think? :hmm:

:yes:

Well most of my time was spent trying to figure out why they have chosen to go the route they have trying to find a lead singer. Within that I had to bear some appauling singers who not only don't deserve to front INXS, but don't deserve to be termed singers - if they are the best 16 options to front INXS then I'm not here.

I was only going to be suppourtive of the concept if the band essentially dictated the process - I wasn't fussed if there was cameras there to catch it, or hosts there to guide it along and give it a bit of an "X" factor - just as long as the band retained control. It was obvious from the opening credits they had not - the 16 "contestants" were profiled down to the ground. You're token black, punk, Canadain, Australian, Southener, women etc etc. It was just like the cast for a Survivor contest. I just don't understand in any audition process how INXS would have 8 or so women on the final shortlist let alone American women, let alone 20-somthing women. I can't see how a 20 year old American woman & Kirk Penguilly are going to mesh personally or musically. :rolleyes:

Then there is the recording of the album without knowing the singer... thats fine in American Idol - which everyone knows is a corprate machine... but for a band that is IMO brutally offensive and disgusting. Add on top of that it is already slated in for a November release - add on top of that a 100 city tour is already scheduled shortly after... it's all a bit too Pop for my liking.

Thirdly, having the performances at the place where Hutch played his last gig with INXS - and pointing out this fact - I thought was mind blowingly cheap.

As a show though it was pretty entertainig. I watched all of it, unlike the season final of the OC... so that's somthing - Tim obviously seems to be the team captain and seems like a nice enough chap - he seems very genuine in his guidance and advice to the contestents.

Which leads me to why I think they are doing this... I really don't think they have all of a sudden become morally devoid beings, they seem truly genuine - I think they've been talking to some very bad, money driven people who have given them false ideas of how this is going to go down. They look back in ten years and rue this I truly believe.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think she's still on it, QB... She mentioned going back to holiday. :)

Are you working on my sig? :mad: :sexywink:

Oh, right. I was so excited to see her here that I missed that last part. :der:

Patience, grasshopper. :p I tried getting the R&H gif done first, but got a little too transfixed by the live With or Without You performance. :drool:

timothius said:

Well most of my time was spent trying to figure out why they have chosen to go the route they have trying to find a lead singer. Within that I had to bear some appauling singers who not only don't deserve to front INXS, but don't deserve to be termed singers - if they are the best 16 options to front INXS then I'm not here.

I was only going to be suppourtive of the concept if the band essentially dictated the process - I wasn't fussed if there was cameras there to catch it, or hosts there to guide it along and give it a bit of an "X" factor - just as long as the band retained control. It was obvious from the opening credits they had not - the 16 "contestants" were profiled down to the ground. You're token black, punk, Canadain, Australian, Southener, women etc etc. It was just like the cast for a Survivor contest. I just don't understand in any audition process how INXS would have 8 or so women on the final shortlist let alone American women, let alone 20-somthing women. I can't see how a 20 year old American woman & Kirk Penguilly are going to mesh personally or musically. :rolleyes:

Then there is the recording of the album without knowing the singer... thats fine in American Idol - which everyone knows is a corprate machine... but for a band that is IMO brutally offensive and disgusting. Add on top of that it is already slated in for a November release - add on top of that a 100 city tour is already scheduled shortly after... it's all a bit too Pop for my liking.

Thirdly, having the performances at the place where Hutch played his last gig with INXS - and pointing out this fact - I thought was mind blowingly cheap.

As a show though it was pretty entertainig. I watched all of it, unlike the season final of the OC... so that's somthing - Tim obviously seems to be the team captain and seems like a nice enough chap - he seems very genuine in his guidance and advice to the contestents.

Which leads me to why I think they are doing this... I really don't think they have all of a sudden become morally devoid beings, they seem truly genuine - I think they've been talking to some very bad, money driven people who have given them false ideas of how this is going to go down. They look back in ten years and rue this I truly believe.

:applaud:

Mark Burnett (show's creator) is the devil. I wanted to make a Photoshopped picture of him as Satan last night. Maybe I'll do that tonight while the performance episode is on. :hmm:

timothius said:
Kirk Penguilly
you really have a thing for kirk don't you? :wink: and it's pengilly. :wink:

timothius said:
i know. :tsk:

i agree with everything else you said i just wanted to quote that bit for emphasis. :(

Queen Bee said:

:applaud:

Mark Burnett (show's creator) is the devil. I wanted to make a Photoshopped picture of him as Satan last night. Maybe I'll do that tonight while the performance episode is on. :hmm:

Do it.

I didn't realised I cared that much about it, I suprised myself. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom