Randoooom...valomilks for all!!! (if you sign the dd petition)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:
:hug:

Yeah. :(

My bad.

But if you could, what would you like to be doing, what are you into? :hyper:

right now i do data entry shit that i hate, but i'm on disability right now cuz of the accident, hence my late nights online. normally i'd be waking up to go to work in about half an hour. :down:

well when all this crap is done with i plan on going back to college. i'd been in college but i dropped out cuz i didn't know what i wanted to do. so far i've managed to figure out a major: german. i don't know what i want to do with my degree but that's more than i knew even a year ago.

Queen Bee said:
You silly Australians. :happy:

I work at my dad's family-owned Cuban food restaurant, El Cubanito. We'll have been in business for 10 years come September. :hyper: I hate working there though. :mad:
are you a waitress? if i ever come to tucson i'll totally tip you like 50%. :D i've never had cuban food before :shifty:

Queen Bee said:

You silly Australians. :happy:

I work at my dad's family-owned Cuban food restaurant, El Cubanito. We'll have been in business for 10 years come September. :hyper: I hate working there though. :mad:

I'm not Australian. That's quite offensive to me actually. :lol: :wink:

Thats ace. I worked all last year in an Indian resteraunts doing everything under the sun... good experience :up:. But the hospitality sector is not for me! I would much rather a suit & tie :D.

10 years :dance: thats awesome. I've never tried Cuban food - what is it like? :hyper:

KhanadaRhodes said:

right now i do data entry shit that i hate, but i'm on disability right now cuz of the accident, hence my late nights online. normally i'd be waking up to go to work in about half an hour. :down:

well when all this crap is done with i plan on going back to college. i'd been in college but i dropped out cuz i didn't know what i wanted to do. so far i've managed to figure out a major: german. i don't know what i want to do with my degree but that's more than i knew even a year ago.

:shrug:

I totally get you're drift. I know where I don't want to go, but I'm not quite sure yet what I do want to do (or where in this world to do it for the matter).

Still young though :hyper: :dance:

timothius said:
:shrug:

I totally get you're drift. I know where I don't want to go, but I'm not quite sure yet what I do want to do (or where in this world to do it for the matter).

Still young though :hyper: :dance:
:yes: i feel bad to have wasted so much time because i could've already got my bachelor's by now. i would've graduated last month had i not dropped out. :sigh:

but i tell myself, what would i have had a degree in? suckology? oh wait, i already have that...:shifty: but seriously, i didn't know what i wanted to do so i needed to take a break.

so now i can go around yelling at people in german and no one will know what i'm saying, although i've been doing that since i started taking it in high school anyway. :D

KhanadaRhodes said:

are you a waitress? if i ever come to tucson i'll totally tip you like 50%. :D i've never had cuban food before :shifty:

Yeah, but pretty much a mix of everything. I waitress, work the register, wash dishes (don't get me started on how much I hate that :banghead: ), or help prepare lunch/dinner orders in the kitchen.

We're the first (and only) Cuban food restaurant in Tucson. My dad's wanted to own a restaurant since he was a young boy. We used to be called Miami Tropical. :huh: My uncle came up with that lame name. My dad changed the name of the restaurant when the U of A bought the land the restaurant (we're located behind the U of A) was on and offered my parents money to relocate. The place we used to occupy is now a parking structure. :sad:

I think I have a business card somewhere in my room. I'm going to scan it so you can see our cute mascot. :hyper:

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:

so now i can go around yelling at people in german and no one will know what i'm saying, although i've been doing that since i started taking it in high school anyway. :D

Please tell me the only reason you're not keen on that is because of Achtung Baby. :wink:

The only language I speak with any quality (that includes English) is Afrikaans where I can probably dole out about 75 different insightful insults :hyper:.

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:
Yeah, but pretty much a mix of everything. I waitress, work the register, wash dishes (don't get me started on how much I hate that :banghead: ), or help prepare lunch/dinner orders in the kitchen.

We're the first (and only) Cuban food restaurant in Tucson. My dad's wanted to own a restaurant since he was a young boy. We used to be called Miami Tropical. :huh: My uncle came up with that lame name. My dad changed the name of the restaurant when the U of A bought the land the restaurant (we're located behind the U of A) was on and offered my parents money to relocate. The place we used to occupy is now a parking structure. :sad:

I think I have a business card somewhere in my room. I'm going to scan it so you can see our cute mascot. :hyper:
aww :hug: definitely if i ever come to tucson to visit (if i ever get to jetset through the states tucson's definitely towards the top cuz you're so cool :)) i'll come visit and leave you a huge tip cuz i'm cool like that. :D

yeah i did a bit of googling and it looks like you guys are pretty popular. someone's review mentioned they had ropa vieja and i totally remember rachael ray (on food network) either eating this once or cooking it once on one of her shows. :hmm:

timothius said:
Please tell me the only reason you're not keen on that is because of Achtung Baby. :wink:

The only language I speak with any quality (that included English) is Afrikaans where I can probably dole out about 75 different insightful insults :hyper:.
no :mad: although i remember someone in my german class first year said she was taking it because of david bowie recording at hansa. :rolleyes: this girl was a bowie freak.

i'm taking it because my mom's side happens to be like majorly german. even though none of them speak it or anything, but you know. plus i had to take a language in school and i didn't want to do spanish because i'd had enough of that (in florida where i grew up they made us learn it from preschool on) and i sure as hell didn't want to learn french. latin was out because who takes latin, so there you have it.

i'm actually quite good at speaking in german. i'm a bit rusty now as i've not been to a class in a couple years and i don't have anyone to practice with, but i always did well in german. :D :geek:

KhanadaRhodes said:

aww :hug: definitely if i ever come to tucson to visit (if i ever get to jetset through the states tucson's definitely towards the top cuz you're so cool :)) i'll come visit and leave you a huge tip cuz i'm cool like that. :D

yeah i did a bit of googling and it looks like you guys are pretty popular. someone's review mentioned they had ropa vieja and i totally remember rachael ray (on food network) either eating this once or cooking it once on one of her shows. :hmm:

We were briefly mentioned in the New York Times this past spring! :hyper: They mistakingly called our restaurant Cubanitos though. :huh:

Over the years the restaurant has attracted a bunch of baseball players during spring training: the Colorado Rockies, Diamonbacks, and the White Sox. My dad started taking pictures of the various baseball players that stopped by for a bite to eat. The collection grew to the point where he has huge poster frames with a collage of pictures of the baseball players that stopped by, so we kind of became famous for the attraction the restaurant had to baseball players. Those baseball players are very generous tippers. :drool:

Here's our business card. My scanner sucks, sorry.

card.jpg

And no, he is NOT a homicidal maniac despite popular belief. :wink: He's holding a sugar cane and he used the knife on his left hand to chop it off. ;)

Queen Bee said:
We were briefly mentioned in the New York Times this past spring! :hyper: They mistakingly called our restaurant Cubanitos though. :huh:

Over the years the restaurant has attracted a bunch of baseball players during spring training: the Colorado Rockies, Diamonbacks, and the White Sox. My dad started taking pictures of the various baseball players that stopped by for a bite to eat. The collection grew to the point where he has huge poster frames with a collage of pictures of the baseball players that stopped by, so we kind of became famous for the attraction the restaurant had to baseball players. Those baseball players are very generous tippers. :drool:

Here's our business card. My scanner sucks, sorry.

card.jpg

And no, he is NOT a homicidal maniac despite popular belief. :wink: He's holding a sugar cane and he used the knife on his left hand to chop it off. ;)
oh yes, i've seen the diamondbacks in action. they're a minor league team, right? there's some serious hotties on that team :drool:

that's cool that you guys have become so popular! :D and i'm glad to see the baseball players tip well! :up:

haha, he does look a little homicidal...it's that look on his face...

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh yes, i've seen the diamondbacks in action. they're a minor league team, right? there's some serious hotties on that team :drool:

that's cool that you guys have become so popular! :D and i'm glad to see the baseball players tip well! :up:

haha, he does look a little homicidal...it's that look on his face...

They only ever come around in March though. So the overly generous tipping is rather short-lived. :sad:

I know! That's what I told my dad the first time he revealed the design to me. :lol:

Oh, here's what one of our walls of fame look like. I stole this picture from my brother's laptop. :shifty: It was taken sometime last December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom