Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just popped on to see what my deposit was for Job 2. As for my dad the past 2 days brought good and not so great news. The MRI's showed that there are no blockages and everything is ok other than they have him on plavix to prevent risk of stroke. The bad news is that he had his appt to see the doctor for his cancer and his count tripled in the last 6 months so the cancer is back and he had to take one of the shots to see if it would take his count back to a dormant level.

Last edited:
good news about the MRI :up:

I hope the shot works for your father.........my friends count keeps going up and down ~ it was below 35 and then shot up to over 900 and then began to go down again and then when it got down below 100 it climbed up again............she is trying to get chemo on a regular basis but it is not working out that way
Cancer:madspit:

Yes it is. The merchandise is advertised in a sale book next week......the collectibles that we carry are included in the sale........otherwise they are excluded from everything.
I am one of those odd ducks that likes to shop in year around christmas stores so the fact that we set up early doesn't really bug me...........
off to have more fun..........

Kariann said:
Just popped on to see what my deposit was for Job 2. As for my dad the past 2 days brought good and not so great news. The MRI's showed that there are no blockages and everything is ok other than they have him on plavix to prevent risk of stroke. The bad news is that he had his appt to see the doctor for his cancer and his count tripled in the last 6 months so the cancer is back and he had to take one of the shots to see if it would take his count back to a dormant level.

:( That is bad news. Hopefully the shots will control it. :hug:

This is wrong, just wrong.............
Being up on a Saturday morning this early.............
Gotta get ready and head off to work :sigh: was supposed to be off............*sick of decorating trees*

my mom just asked if I would make some banana bread tomorrow. I just brought her down to the freezer to show her this week's goodies and she freaked out. I think I'm deaf :yikes:

I made some really good lookin' stuff....yep. :drool:

Kariann said:

:( :hug:

I got to work and they asked me if I wanted the day off! :madwife: They've done that to me before and it drives me nuts. I wish they would call me and tell me not to come in instead of having me come in and then sending me on my way. I could have planned to have a nice day of nothing instead. I worked for 2 1/2 hours and did absolutely nothing. Now I'm home with no cake flour and no duck food. My poor little ducks. :( I guess that means a trip to the store might be in order. I'm in the baking mood. You'd think I'd get enough of that during the week..... :reject:

Nap? I think I shall partake in a wee nap.
( I did that last night and my wee nap turned into 9 glorious hours of sleep :drool: )

I can actually sleep in tomorrow morning..............I don't have to get up at 5 I can sleep until 6 :up:............However Monday morning is 5 again.

I am tired but hyper :der: I hit Overtime today :hyper: I am babbling.............. I need to go chill out for a bit :hyper::yawn:

what a boring day :( I should have gone out tonight. Or I should have at least gone to the store to buy stuff to bake. There hasn't been a thing on TV tonight. You tube is so annoying lately :scream: I can't get anything to play in full anymore.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I ended up watching Alton Brown on the Food Channel last night...........Road Feasting. I really enjoy watching his programs.

:D

6gopackgo.gif

shari schultz said:
I ended up watching Alton Brown on the Food Channel last night...........Road Feasting. I really enjoy watching his programs.

I watched some of that too but I was more in the mood for Bobby Flay :reject: Thankfully he was on Iron Chef last night. :drool:

Now that it's football season I was in the mood for pumpkins and apples when I woke up. So off to the store I went for tons of apples to make apple strudel! :YUM: I decided to wait a bit on the pumpkin part. I forgot cake flour and duck food :scream: So back to the store I'll go later on. My poor ducks must have found another feeding spot today because I haven't seen or heard them since last night :sad:

arw9797 said:

I watched some of that too but I was more in the mood for Bobby Flay :reject: Thankfully he was on Iron Chef last night. :drool:

Bobby Flay did one of his challenges here in town and it was at a bakery type place. We were reading the food section of the paper and A and I were excited to see that one of the owners we worked for when we first started way back in the day. He was a really nice guy.

I think I went a little overboard.....Thursday is a jewish holiday and the parents are having everyone over for dinner. My mom asked me to make a few desserts :rolleyes:

Holiday Dessert Menu
September 13, 2007

~Carrot cake ~
Layers of carrot cake lined with cream cheese frosting. Topped with walnuts and marzipan carrots.

~Banana cake~
Banana cake frosted with dark chocolate ganache, dark chocolate glacage, crème chantilly and marzipan bananas.

~Turtle Cake~
Layers of devil’s food chocolate cake lined with fresh caramel sauce, toasted pecans and crème chantilly.

~Alhambra Cake~
Chocolate cake frosted with dark chocolate ganache, dark chocolate glacage and toasted pistachio nuts.

~Orange Chiffon Gateau~

~Apple Strudel~
Granny Smith apples, cinnamon, chopped pecans, and raisins.

~Esther’s Honey Cake~
Honey cake with raisins soaked in coffee syrup.

~The Poundcakes~
Almond, Polenta, Chocolate Tarragon

Everything but the honey cake and strudel was made at school. We're making the orange chiffon cake tonight at school so I'll fill it in once I know what it looks like.

:reject: I'm making an actual dessert menu for everyone. I won't be there and I know they'll all have a bazillion questions about what they're eating.

arw9797 said:
:sad: it's jeans and hoodie weather. :grumpy: Not ready for it just yet :(

I'm told it's going to be 30 in your 'apolis tonight. :brr:

It feels like fall in my 'apolis and I'm not ready for it yet, either.

kellyahern said:
The next time U2 tours, we sooooooooo need to have a randoooom meetup and dessert party :drool:.

Nestle Tollhouse Break N Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies at my house! :hyper:

:wink:

There will be a picture of something sparkly this weekend. :D

I will now stop spamming the thread.

Back
Top Bottom