Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
N got out of work and is on her way...........:up:

Apparently I will be seeing Gaelic Storm twice next weekend......Friday night and Saturday night :hyper:

:drool: I love summer! :drool:

And I'm seeing Gaelic Storm for sure tomorrow! :heart: Possibly Sunday too. And the Young Dubliners and many more. Tomorrow going to be fun!

off to swim before school.......free night tonight. We get to make dinner and play around with frozen custards. :D

The Young Dubliners are not at Irishfest this year *pouts*

They were at our State Fair this year...........

Sorry about the work day, fah............

I'm sorry about your Dad's health problems :(. If you don't mind my asking, how old is your father? I hope that's not too personal a question :reject:. The reason I ask is that there may be some local agencies that can help you or your Mom when he comes home from the hospital.

I went to the grocery store this morning and someone had left their dog in the car, with the "feels like" temperature over 100. People are idiots sometimes :mad: . The dog was panting and liquid was dripping from it's tongue. Luckily, the owner came out just as I was leaving. I think he new he had messed up, because he didn't give me an attitude when I said something to him. Either that or he was a really ignorant pet owner, or both.
*rant over* :sigh:

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

And I'm seeing Gaelic Storm for sure tomorrow! :heart: Possibly Sunday too. And the Young Dubliners and many more. Tomorrow going to be fun!

:| yeah...fun day.........

I went with my carpool buddy from school. She had to stop by her sister's work with some bakery we made this week. The road construction was awful so we decided to take backroads instead of fighting the traffic back to the higway and then having to sit in any possible bridge related traffic. Even though I had the air on full blast, by the time we go to the area of the fair, parked, walked just one little block to the fairgrounds, and then wandered around for not even an hour, we were both melting and felt really gross. I told her I really couldn't stay there all day and wanted to go home. It was so hot out. It's the worst it's been all summer. She really wanted to see GS and the Dubs so we decided to go back. Well there was zero traffic anywhere on the highway from the bridge so everyone must be driving other roads. I don't think that would have mattered on the way out there anyways. I came home, showered, slept, and then we went back....only to get soaked on by the rain. :scream: The band got about 6 songs out before the lighthing canceled the night. Patrick wouldn't get off the stage until they did Johnny Tarr. :cute: I knew it was going to be over once he said "we better do this one now just in case...." that was it. I don't even know if the Dubs went on or not but I would imagine no because the lighting was really bad when we left about 20 minutes before they were to go on. No one can go with me tomorrow so that was my Irish fair experience this year. I bought a pair of earrings....little celtic knot studs that are school appropriate. We can only wear studs. I also bought a cinch bag that has the Irish fair logo on it. It's a good size to use for school to bring my towels home it. That's that. Kind of disappointed that we had to leave and miss some of the afternoon activities and then the concerts tonight but oh well.

Shari.....if you're going to Irishfest next week let me know. One of my friends will be competing in a competition. I'll pm you the details if you're interested.

Kariann said:
I missed Gaelic Storm and the Irish Festival last weekend with all that is going on with my Dad. I'm having a hard time adjusting to just how much my life has changed in a year.

:( I'm sorry. I thought about you all day at the fair. I went to the booth we worked at last year to get my tickets for today.

arw9797 said:

:| yeah...fun day.........

I went with my carpool buddy from school. She had to stop by her sister's work with some bakery we made this week. The road construction was awful so we decided to take backroads instead of fighting the traffic back to the higway and then having to sit in any possible bridge related traffic. Even though I had the air on full blast, by the time we go to the area of the fair, parked, walked just one little block to the fairgrounds, and then wandered around for not even an hour, we were both melting and felt really gross. I told her I really couldn't stay there all day and wanted to go home. It was so hot out. It's the worst it's been all summer. She really wanted to see GS and the Dubs so we decided to go back. Well there was zero traffic anywhere on the highway from the bridge so everyone must be driving other roads. I don't think that would have mattered on the way out there anyways. I came home, showered, slept, and then we went back....only to get soaked on by the rain. :scream: The band got about 6 songs out before the lighthing canceled the night. Patrick wouldn't get off the stage until they did Johnny Tarr. :cute: I knew it was going to be over once he said "we better do this one now just in case...." that was it. I don't even know if the Dubs went on or not but I would imagine no because the lighting was really bad when we left about 20 minutes before they were to go on. No one can go with me tomorrow so that was my Irish fair experience this year. I bought a pair of earrings....little celtic knot studs that are school appropriate. We can only wear studs. I also bought a cinch bag that has the Irish fair logo on it. It's a good size to use for school to bring my towels home it. That's that. Kind of disappointed that we had to leave and miss some of the afternoon activities and then the concerts tonight but oh well.

Shari.....if you're going to Irishfest next week let me know. One of my friends will be competing in a competition. I'll pm you the details if you're interested.
ugh.
Sorry about the crap weather. I had the weather channel on part of the day and I couldn't believe the amount of lightening in those storms. Incredible. What you had fell apart by the time it got here...........A little loud and a little wet and that was it.

Yes, I am going to Irishfest next weekend............Friday night (after J gets in from Madison, prolly around 6 or 7) pretty much only for Gaelic Storm and then Saturday I think the plan is all day and into the night.........PM me with the details :)

Shari,

Sorry for the delay but my computer appears to be running normally finally. I have the London 94 Cranberries show burned for you but I cannot seem to locate the Toronto 95 recording. Do you want to pick something else off my list? Let me know, hopefully I can find whatever you pick! ;) When I find the Cranberries one I will just send it to you down the road.

Oops, spoke to soon. I was upset I couldnt find it. Went through and the Cranberries Toronto got put in with my U2 stuff somehow. So I found it.

I will get them out to you sometime this week Shari. Sorry about the delay! :)

kellyahern said:

Thanks just because you've never seen my little town's 4th of July parade (aka the endless parade of golf carts and loud noises that freak out my cat). :wink:

I did nothing this weekend. I'm so bored I'm watching golf on TV :|
fire dept. (loud noise), Legion Post (loud noise), elected officials (in cars), mascot from some team (today was a orange creature from hockey) in a car, pom pom squads AND
THE DANCING GRANNIES
villagedays008.jpg

your cat would love our parades, too :wink:

Blue Room said:
Oops, spoke to soon. I was upset I couldnt find it. Went through and the Cranberries Toronto got put in with my U2 stuff somehow. So I found it.

I will get them out to you sometime this week Shari. Sorry about the delay! :)

looking forward to them, BR :)
BTW happy that the computer is finally cooperating for you :up:

survived the drinking of the orange glop during the lab appt................I actually enjoy getting jabbed 3 times more than drinking that crap

Sooooo I'm home tonight after attempting to go to work only to end up at Urgent Care across the street to find out that when I rammed my foot into the bed this afternoon that I fractured a toe. I didn't realize how bad it really hurt until I tried walking in the building and could barely make it. I now have pain meds, an anti-inflammatory and a lovely shoe to wear. We didnt have any sitting work to do so I came home.

I told my mom that she'd better watch her feet since she's the only one with no pain right now! I honestly can say that I can see why my dad couldn't barely stand up when his were all swollen the way they were since his pain had to be 10 times worse.

First of all :hug: and ouch

Second of all, welcome to the randoooooooooom fractured bone club. Don't ya just looooove the sexy shoe ~ My immobilizer was just oooh la la :wink:

So how did you even get a shoe on your foot to go to work?*cringes at the thought*

shari schultz said:
First of all :hug: and ouch

Second of all, welcome to the randoooooooooom fractured bone club. Don't ya just looooove the sexy shoe ~ My immobilizer was just oooh la la :wink:

So how did you even get a shoe on your foot to go to work?*cringes at the thought*

The shoe is beuuuuuuuutiful! :heart: I'm supposed to do something with CF this weekend. I talked to her right after I did it and then left her a VM when I was waiting at the pharmacy. When she called back she said she hoped it was better by the weekend and I told her she may just have to deal with everyone admiring my lovely footwear!

I hit it maybe an hour before I went in and it wasn't swelling at that point. I put on a pair of really soft stretched out ballet flats. It had just started to swell when I got there and then in the time that I was waiting for the doctor it really started to swell and look bruised. After he came in and when she was getting the boot I started to feel the throbbing.

It's my first fractured/broken bone ever.

my mantra: ice and elevate, ice and elevate............also, take the meds they gave you.......stay ahead of the pain and the ache, trust me.
see now you have to come up with a faaaaaaaaaabulous story to tell everyone..........what adventure can we say you were doing? :hmm:
The TSA people at the Oahu airport said I should tell people I was parasailing and landed in the water and then got chased by a shark and then got caught up in a wave as I was coming ashore......Gah, those people were creative.

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
my mantra: ice and elevate, ice and elevate............also, take the meds they gave you.......stay ahead of the pain and the ache, trust me.
see now you have to come up with a faaaaaaaaaabulous story to tell everyone..........what adventure can we say you were doing? :hmm:
The TSA people at the Oahu airport said I should tell people I was parasailing and landed in the water and then got chased by a shark and then got caught up in a wave as I was coming ashore......Gah, those people were creative.

Your true story is better. Nothing can beat Don Ho's chair :up:.

I'm sorry about your foot Kariann :hug:

arw, The Edge is back scambaiting. He's trying to get a lad in Ghana to help him with a "rent-a-goat" business.

shari schultz said:

That's what I've been doing and it feels alot better than it did yesterday. I'm taking advantage of the not moving around to catch up sleep I've been missing out on. The meds they gave me however have made me sick....I've thrown up 3 times already this morning and haven't been able to keep anything down. I had some water and crackers a little bit ago....so far so good.

My poor mom has my dad downstairs with his foot elevated to keep it from resting on the wound where the pressure ulcer busted (very gross by the way) and then there is me up in bed with mine elevated.

Happy it feels better. It is nice to catch up on the sleep.
Meds that make you throw up :down: Not fun. Didn't have that problem...........the vicodin made me :yawn: and sleeeeep

~sends supportive thoughts to your mom~

kellyahern said:

Your true story is better. Nothing can beat Don Ho's chair :up:.

I'm sorry about your foot Kariann :hug:

arw, The Edge is back scambaiting. He's trying to get a lad in Ghana to help him with a "rent-a-goat" business.

I miss the Don chair *wistful*

I thought of you the other night while watching Dateline........they did a story on scambaiting. Quite amusing watching Chris Hanson baiting the thieves.

shari schultz said:

I miss the Don chair *wistful*

I thought of you the other night while watching Dateline........they did a story on scambaiting. Quite amusing watching Chris Hanson baiting the thieves.

I just got a guy to travel 165 miles in search of a non-existant box of cash. I know I'm bragging, but I'm really proud of that one :lol:.

But maybe karma is kicking me in the but, because our A/C is broken again and it's 90F outside :| .

Kariann, can the doctor call you in a different pain medication. Throwing up + a broken toe sounds even more awful :(.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom