Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^thanks!

I made a blueberry coffee cake tonight that fell apart :sad: We had a free night tonight as long as we baked a coffee cake. I got the recipe on foodnetwork.com :mad:

sitting here tryin to convince myself to eat my cereal.
I fell asleep last night within the first 20 minutes of HOUSE (luckily I was taping it) . I still have the headache and it is bright (BRIGHT) and sunny :scream: outside.
Want to wash walls (excitin' hey?) today.

Fonzie statue or no Fonzie statue? This is the big question in the city today....................

RR,
Liked the Calvin and Hobbes birthday wishes toon? :D
In Fonzie-speak I don't rule I am fab-a-MUNDO!
Fonzie.jpg

:D

Kiki,
AAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY! Milwaukee! ;)

Last edited:
So far, Visit Milwaukee has raised $45,000, and the group is confident it will meet its timetable of unveiling a bronze Fonz in 2008, said Dave Fantle, the agency's vice president of public relations. The agency already has contacted four artists and hopes to choose a sculptor by the end of October, he said.

The project carries the blessings of "Happy Days" co-creator Garry Marshall and Henry Winkler, the actor who played Fonzie during the show's 10-year run, which started in 1974.

Winkler confessed he was a bit taken aback when Fantle contacted him about the project.

"It's an honor," Winkler said. "But it is so bizarre to think there should be a statue. I wasn't sure it was something that could happen to me."

Or, more accurately, happen to a character brought to life by Winkler, a 61-year-old actor, producer, director and author. Still, Winkler likes the idea and says he would come to Milwaukee for the statue's dedication.

"If it helps the city, a city that has been so supportive and warm to me over the years," he said, "then I am so OK with it."

Visit Milwaukee got the idea of a Fonzie statue from TV Land, a cable network that broadcasts reruns of vintage shows.

TV Land has donated six sculptures commemorating memorable TV events or characters to various cities, starting in 2000 with a New York City statue of Ralph Kramden, Jackie Gleason's character from "The Honeymooners."

Other statues include Mary Richards, the main character from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show." Located in downtown Minneapolis, it depicts the well-known shot from the show's opening credits when Mary gleefully tosses her hat in the air.

Another one close to Wisconsin is a sculpture of Bob Hartley, from "The Bob Newhart Show," near the entrance to Chicago's Navy Pier.

All six sculptures are from shows mainly popular in the 1950s, '60s and '70s, in keeping with TV Land's focus on its baby boomer audience.

But TV Land, owned by New York-based Viacom International Inc., isn't planning a major role in the campaign for a Fonzie sculpture. The network isn't planning to donate any additional statues and is re-evaluating the program, said Jennifer Zaldivar, a TV Land spokeswoman.

TV Land is planning to revamp its lineup of shows, Zaldivar said, adding newly created programs and "more contemporary shows," as in reruns that baby boomers' children might recognize. As a result, a program that donates sculptures commemorating older TV shows might not fit TV Land's new image, she said.

But Viacom, which owns the rights to the Fonzie character, has approved the project, Fantle said.

The dedication ceremony for the statue, with appearances by Winkler and possibly other "Happy Days" cast members, would draw media attention to Milwaukee, Fantle said. He said the sculpture would provide another tourism draw for a city that anticipates an upswing in visitors when Harley-Davidson Inc. opens its museum.

What about image?
But what about those umpteen attempts to depict Milwaukee to the outside world as some place other than the home of "Happy Days" and "Laverne and Shirley," a "Happy Days" spinoff that some complain has typecast Milwaukee as a stodgy, blue-collar town?

"This isn't a statue of 'Laverne and Shirley,' " Fantle said. "This is a statue of a TV icon who remains the epitome of cool."

The Fonz represents the old image of Milwaukee, which some visitors still would appreciate, Fantle said. He said the statue could serve as a bridge between that world and Milwaukee's new image, exemplified by the Milwaukee Art Museum and other developments.

"I don't think we want to run and hide from our past, especially when our past happens to be a timeless television character," Fantle said.

Or, as the Fonz, with two thumbs up, might put it: "Aaay."
If it were Laverne or Shirley or Lenny or Squiggy or Carmine ~NO!

I am ok with Fonzie :up:

Power outage in the area.........obviously not here. It does however effect my store and the mall.........It gets flipping pitch black in that store when we lose power. They gotta be having fun. *happy to be on vacation* I love the customers who say, "Just ring me up so I can leave......." :lol::|

I have washed 3 out of 4 walls and the wood work.
One wall to go along with windows to wash.

Power outage has affected 21,000 people........:yikes: and heads down towards the airport

I just remembered, it is a Senior Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My co-workers have to be having a blast. *snicker* :evil:

:hmm: Power outage has stretched to the street next to my neighborhood according to the electric company...........:hmm: interesting. We all still have power in my neighborhood.
Curious.

Not sure how I like Vanilla, Strawberry and Mocha Cappucino 3 Musketeers.
The mint ones are :drool: ~ they have dark chocolate.
Would like to stop babbling now, thanks. I think the cleaning fumes have done me in.

shari schultz said:
Not sure how I like Vanilla, Strawberry and Mocha Cappucino 3 Musketeers.
The mint ones are :drool: ~ they have dark chocolate.
Would like to stop babbling now, thanks. I think the cleaning fumes have done me in.

The Godiva chocolate pearls that Kariann mentioned - they make them in milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and dark chocolate mint! The mint ones were the best :drool:.

I had to get all 3 so I could honestly evaluate the quality of each.

we sell Godiva and we have those mint pearls ~ will have to buy some..............employee discount :drool:

We did not lose power but it took out our cable provider......no cable or internet until now.........
They ended up closing the mall much earlier..............

Last edited:
They just did a story about the power outage. They showed customers pulling on the door to our store trying to get in..........
What made them think we were open? The totally empty parking lot (Oh my god, I just got the best parking spot EVER!!!!!!!), the dark store only lit by emergency lighting, or the locked doors that they couldn't budge?

People.......:huh: :eyebrow: :der: :rolleyes:

shari schultz said:
They just did a story about the power outage. They showed customers pulling on the door to our store trying to get in..........
What made them think we were open? The totally empty parking lot (Oh my god, I just got the best parking spot EVER!!!!!!!), the dark store only lit by emergency lighting, or the locked doors that they couldn't budge?

People.......:huh: :eyebrow: :der: :rolleyes:

:lol:

I used to LOVE when the power went out at my old store. People would see us sitting in the dark, read the "SORRY LiGHTS OUT" signs, and STILL try to get in. Then they would try to get us to tell them where there on the island was the power still on. Ummm...I'm sitting in a dark store with no phones, how do I know?

^ :lol: that is just so sad

Just got home from haircut land. Stopped by work to get my schedule for next week................the boss does not have the schedule out yet :mad: :mad: :mad:
What the heck is her problem? I thought I might like to know if I work on Sunday or not. Her first day back from vacation was Monday.........I'll give her Monday.............But then there was Tuesday and part of Wednesday before the store closed in the late afternoon. Thursday she was off and I was there this morning and NO SCHEDULE! Schedules are supposed to be out 2 weeks ahead of time.
I bumped into one of the gals in the dept while I was getting my haircut and she is miffed also. It has the potential of being a reallllllllllly bad season up ahead if she does get her act together. She has lost a few people already and I know of others who want to tell her where to go and then quit. / rant

co-worker just called with the schedule..........she was standing there in the dept. when boss walked in with her child........she is off again today.
I am off Sunday for the Packers/Vikings game. :up:
*insert dancing packer cow* :wink:

I also am the proud owner of tickets to see Northern Room on Friday Nov 2 :up:
http://www.turnerhallballroom.org/northernroom
local bands :heart:

*geekier than usual*
*overjoyed*
In a previous post I mentioned getting tickets to the Northern Room today. During a interview on local radio they mentioned this: Turns out that this is a release partay and with all presold tickets come a Deluxe Edition of their EP's bundled with 3 acoustic songs, a new unreleased song and a video ~ FREE music! LIVE music, too! This is gonna be fun. :)
I can't believe I am saying this: Can it be Nov 2 now?

I was asked to give my notice in writing at work today due to my speech class. If I can't work 1 day 7 hour day during the week and a Saturday then I can't stay. That means no health insurance.

Also, I think my computer died last night.

It's been a fantastic day :happy:

Now I have to take a test I didn't have time to study for during my break at work because I was too upset to think.

what a difference between retailers................
We have college students who can only work on the weekend and there is no problem.
Of course, to get benefits I think the minimum worked hours per week is 20. They may have even changed that for the worse this past enrollment period.

Back
Top Bottom