Randooom in a pink cowboy hat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

no, not yet. it starts july 11th. i don't know what to think, honestly. i'm thoroughly pissed that they're doing this under the inxs name. bands have replaced lead singers in the past, i mean look at ac/dc, there's another aussie band where the lead singer died. and van halen has done it thrice just because, none of the singers died. but to go on television and do it american idol style? yeah, way to cheapen michael's death, guys. :tsk:

I'm conflicted. That being said... I have no values so I'll watch... I'll let you non watchers know how its going. :wink:

I don't really see it as cheapening Michaels death - actually I do. In the mind I find it fine, but in the heart... nah you don't do that. :no:

timothius said:
I think she is wrong, but I'm keen to know more about what happened. :hyper:
:shocked: :mad:

:is jamming to early live inxs:

come to think of it, i don't think i've heard any split enz songs. i'm not sure how popular they were over here. and i've only heard one crowded house song. :yikes:

Queen Bee said:
I'd glady take them all if they decline your offer, Koowandy. :drool:
i'll offer them all to you first. :shh:

timothius said:
I'm conflicted. That being said... I have no values so I'll watch... I'll let you non watchers know how its going. :wink:

I don't really see it as cheapening Michaels death - actually I do. In the mind I find it fine, but in the heart... nah you don't do that. :no:
i'm only going to watch it in the hopes that the band is on. i happen to think one of the band members is :drool: :combust: but if they're not on, then fuck the show.

i think my parents will watch out of morbid curiosity and because they always seem to have cbs on during primetime (cbs is a channel over here and that's the channel that's airing the show) regardless of whether or not i do.

KhanadaRhodes said:

come to think of it, i don't think i've heard any split enz songs. i'm not sure how popular they were over here. and i've only heard one crowded house song. :yikes:

Ohkay.

Now that I will be listening to a helluva lot of INXS now. I plead on my knees to "acquire" a copy of Reccurring Dream: The Very Best Of Crowded House. If you like melodic, thoughtful rock... you will like.

Which song is it DDIO? Split Enz got burned in America... very popular in Canada though, very, very popular in Canada.

If you need help acquiring, I can acquire on you're behalf.

KhanadaRhodes said:

~you are still my friend~

I remember buying a Split Enz record and the actually record was etched with all these designs...sadly, another record lost to the great crawlspace flood...moment of silence :hug:

KhanadaRhodes said:

Likewise. A friend in New Zealand made me a Best of Crowded House mix and I've yet to listen to it. She sent it to me 2 years ago. :reject:

fah said:

I remember buying a Split Enz record and the actually record was etched with all these designs...sadly, another record lost to the great crawlspace flood...moment of silence :hug:

True Colours :drool: :drool:

I Got You :dance:

13 different colour combinations for the cover of that... I have 7/13 :reject:, on the look out for more.

Just a thought about a new lead singer for INXS and then I will say no more :wink:

Not that Michael Hutchence can ever be replaced but I always thought that a woman would be a great fit with the band. Hutchence had a feminine quality about him much like Mick Jagger does. Anyways, I'm still not going to watch

I should go to bed :yawn:

Queen Bee said:

Likewise. A friend in New Zealand made me a Best of Crowded House mix and I've yet to listen to it. She sent it to me 2 years ago. :reject:

I put you on a list similar to you're "Dead To Me List" (which I shouldn't be on anyways... I hold nightly worshiping ceremonies for Dirty Day).

timothius said:

True Colours :drool: :drool:

I Got You :dance:

13 different colour combinations for the cover of that... I have 7/13 :reject:, on the look out for more.

As you said, very popular in Canada. It's surprising really how many international bands make it here but not in the USA.

timothius said:
Ohkay.

Now that I will be listening to a helluva lot of INXS now. I plead on my knees to "acquire" a copy of Reccurring Dream: The Very Best Of Crowded House. If you like melodic, thoughtful rock... you will like.

Which song is it DDIO? Split Enz got burned in America... very popular in Canada though, very, very popular in Canada.

If you need help acquiring, I can acquire on you're behalf.
:hmm: okay i think i can manage to swing a greatest hits. yeah that's the one. well, i think i've heard of another one as well, i can't remember. something so strong i think?

fah said:

ooh it sounds like it was quite lovely. don't hate me please. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom