Randooom in a pink cowboy hat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Bee said:
It's a shame it's impossible to upload chocolate on the internets. :drool:

Awesome :up:
:looks at cd drive to see if a valomilk will fit: hmm yeah you're right... :sigh:

thanks. :D i'd had them painted my favourite colour, lime green. but they got all chipped. my bathroom at my parents' house is painted lime green and the cup sitting in front of me is lime green. my top three favourite colours are lime green, orange, and purple (in that order). :love:

timothius said:
Why won't this fit in my DVD drive? :huh:
i actually had someone tell me a story of someone asking if dvds would play in their laserdisc player. they didn't even know it was a laserdisc player, they just thought it was like a huge dvd. yeah, totally different technology and stuff.

so timothius, you never answered my earlier question. i demand an answer!

fah said:
I missed this part...what was the question you asked of timothius?
he said:

timothius said:
You're love for me will now turn to hate...

I find INXS very hit & miss.

I adore some things and shake my head at others. :reject:

so i asked:

KhanadaRhodes said:
before i burn you at the stake, i'll let you explain yourself: what of theirs don't you like? i'm not in love with all their music so depending on what you say i may let you off the hook. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

before i burn you at the stake, i'll let you explain yourself: what of theirs don't you like? i'm not in love with all their music so depending on what you say i may let you off the hook. :wink:

The top 10-15% for the material is fantastic. Origional Sin, New Sensation, What You Need, By My Side, Never Tear Us Apart, Listen Like Thiefs etc etc. They wrote some damn good pop/rock that transcends the 1980's sound (which very little material from that era does.)

Despite this, me (being a massive mark for lyrics & concepts for songs) Hutch/Farriss et al never really cut it. The wrote some great love songs, they wrote some boring, repitious, semi melodic tunes that start nowhere and end 100 miles in the same direction. They're better than a lot of stuff nowadays mind you. I just never felt the real desire to succeed musically on a personal level, rather an need to succeed musically on a public level (i.e making it in the US & record sales).

They do arrange amazingly well though.

Also I'm also probably a bit bitter about how the Australian media & public glorifies them, when I've always felt Crowded House who should be getting at least some of the kudous.

timothius said:
The top 10-15% for the material is fantastic. Origional Sin, New Sensation, What You Need, By My Side, Never Tear Us Apart, Listen Like Thiefs etc etc. They wrote some damn good pop/rock that transcends the 1980's sound (which very little material from that era does.)
okay yeah those are some of their best songs, although they do happen to have some excellent songs that you haven't mentioned. the best song of theirs is kiss the dirt, followed oh-so-closely by burn for you. if you don't like those two, then i think you need to be castrated.

timothius said:
Despite this, me (being a massive mark for lyrics & concepts for songs) Hutch/Farriss et al never really cut it. The wrote some great love songs, they wrote some boring, repitious, semi melodic tunes that start nowhere and end 100 miles in the same direction.
:tries to hold back the :rant:: okay, what do you consider their boring, repetitious music? just so i know where you're coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom