Randoomdumdoomdum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CTV's Live8 coverage is just ending...the credits are rolling. The last song was U2's 'One'. We heard the entire audio portion with various film footage including some U2 and we even heard 'Unchained Melody'.

I have to say the CTV coverage was great :up: :up:

Queen Bee said:

Hi Tim-Tam :wave:

Fantastically :up:

:up:

Thats great. Are you guys getting any sort of well put together highlights package or anything? Apparently we are getting a 5 hour one tonight (Sunday) & another one Saturday night next week... I don't know how much I will be watching as I am...:yawn:

timothius said:

:up:

Thats great. Are you guys getting any sort of well put together highlights package or anything? Apparently we are getting a 5 hour one tonight (Sunday) & another one Saturday night next week... I don't know how much I will be watching as I am...:yawn:

ABC put together a 2-hour montage of highlights from the concerts tonight. It mostly included a bunch of American acts. I watched a bit of it, but it wasn't too interesting. I'm not sure if there are any other channels that have anything planned. After the disaster with MTV/VH1 today, I highly doubt they'll put one together. :mad:

Queen Bee said:

ABC put together a 2-hour montage of highlights from the concerts tonight. It mostly included a bunch of American acts. I watched a bit of it, but it wasn't too interesting. I'm not sure if there are any other channels that have anything planned. After the disaster with MTV/VH1 today, I highly doubt they'll put one together. :mad:

:mad: :mad: :hug:

I just think it's sad that MTV, being the hype-merchants that they are couldn't leave the hype at the door today - the one day that's all about removing the glitz & the glam and showing people whats going down in Africa. But neways - theres not much that can be done.

These things are pretty funky musically though - a couple of amazing performances & a couple of new bands I'm pretty keen to check out. Thumbs up all around :up:

Was Floyd amazing? I haven't got to see it yet - got pulled away from here abruptly as it was coming on. :sad:

timothius said:

:mad: :mad: :hug:

I just think it's sad that MTV, being the hype-merchants that they are couldn't leave the hype at the door today - the one day that's all about removing the glitz & the glam and showing people whats going down in Africa. But neways - theres not much that can be done.

These things are pretty funky musically though - a couple of amazing performances & a couple of new bands I'm pretty keen to check out. Thumbs up all around :up:

Was Floyd amazing? I haven't got to see it yet - got pulled away from here abruptly as it was coming on. :sad:

Well said. I honestly thought they'd at least show the broadcast without commercial interruptions. :tsk:

Ah, yes! You must make it your priority to check out Muse first. ;)

They were phenomenal. I'm not a huge fan, but I was highly impressed with their performance. I especially thought that The Who did a great job as well. Though, I must say I'm a bit peeved that the AOL feed was proclaiming that they'd perform Baba O'Riley when they actually didn't. :(

Back
Top Bottom